• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English BbS Trailer + Game Play Videos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua7

Not sure if someone has mentioned this already or not, but Square Enix has a E3 virtual booth set up on there website with gameplay videos for Ven, Terra, and Aqua. Sorry if this has already been posted but thought I would let you guys know.

http://na.square-enix.com/e310/

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Wait wait wait wait wait. Since certain secret bosses tie into other KH games, could this Xemnas "look-alike" possibly be from maybe, this Kingdom Hearts 3D? (I'm not quite sure if 3D is a confirmed title, or just a demo.)

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
When I saw the trailer, all I can say was that I was just feeling truly happy at that moment.
All the voice-acting comments I have posted in the VA discussion thread...but anyways, can't wait...this trailer makes me even more impatient for the game! :D

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Wait wait wait wait wait. Since certain secret bosses tie into other KH games, could this Xemnas "look-alike" possibly be from maybe, this Kingdom Hearts 3D? (I'm not quite sure if 3D is a confirmed title, or just a demo.)

That's very possible I think. People have suggested that, like LS and Xemnas, this secret boss will appear in a future title.

However, I think that because LS and Xemnas showed up in MAIN games (LS showed up in BBS, which is pretty much a main game of the series, and Xemnas showed up in KH2), this secret boss will appear again in KH3.

Maybe after the Xehanort saga ends, this guy will be the new main villain.

SuperSailorEarth

Well I think that while everyone was b!thcing about the voices we cant do anything about that it was interesting that the man in the Organization cloak wielded his keyblades backwards in a Ven style fashion. Are there any other characters that wield like that? I can't think of any.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Well I think that while everyone was b!thcing about the voices we cant do anything about that it was interesting that the man in the Organization cloak wielded his keyblades backwards in a Ven style fashion. Are there any other characters that wield like that? I can't think of any.

They look very similar to Xemnas' nothingness sabers. I don't think they are keyblades, but Kingdom Hearts is known to have all these random guesses of what is gonna happen next and then be completely blown away by the fact. So let's just wait and play, and at least observe the boss more.

tdc456

Saw someone on Gametrailers forums who said the VA for aqua was so bad to them that they were just going to use the English patch for the JP version instead. Thats how big a deal people are making it. Its not horrible, it sounds pretty good in some scenes.

Seriously though, people need to calm down and realize that it is only one persons voice, and you have only heard tiny bits of it. Just get over it. If people keep crying about something so trivial as this, then they're are only going to end up ruining the game that they have been waiting on for so long for themselves, like the douchebag from the GT forums mentioned above.

At first, I too was doubting the voices, but only a little. After seeing the voices from the other cutscenes in the gameplay videos from E3, I am much more relaxed because they sound great.

To be honest, the only explanation that could validate anyone not liking the voices is simply because we are too used to the Japanese VA's. It just takes time.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Ok aqua's voice is really getting on my nerves. I though the jp aqua was so much better.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Ok aqua's voice is really getting on my nerves. I though the jp aqua was so much better.

This. Completely this.

The voice actress put literally no emotion into what she was saying, which is quite depressing, really, considering Aqua has such a vital role in this game. Hopefully she'll put more than a half-assed effort into future scenes.

And am I the only one to thing the trailer sounds like a fan-dub?

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
And am I the only one to thing the trailer sounds like a fan-dub?

Recently, with the last couple of english trailers from different games by Square-Enix, they all have actually been done in a amateurish way. I certainly remember Final Fantasy XIII's English Trailer being mediocre, but the voices in-game turned out to be better than expected. It was the same case for 358/2 Days now that I remember [after rewatching the trailer], so my post ages ago about this having mediocre dubbing was harsh, because Square-Enix just makes shitty English Trailers.

Heck, the best trailer Square-Enix made was "Deus Ex: Human Revolution". Far better than Birth by Sleep's trailer if I have to compare.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
You know there was a fan dub on this site for bbs and the aqua girl sounds better than the real one.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
is it me or am I the only one thats not really happy with the voice actors they picked for this game?

tdc456

People were just talking about this a day or so ago. I honestly believe that we are too used to the Jap voices. I for one am happy with all the voices thanks to the gameplay videos that went up a couple days ago. Unfortunately, the only voice that I'm still confused about is Terra's simply because I haven't heard enough of it to get a good feel for what it will be like in-game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Recently, with the last couple of english trailers from different games by Square-Enix, they all have actually been done in a amateurish way. I certainly remember Final Fantasy XIII's English Trailer being mediocre, but the voices in-game turned out to be better than expected. It was the same case for 358/2 Days now that I remember [after rewatching the trailer], so my post ages ago about this having mediocre dubbing was harsh, because Square-Enix just makes shitty English Trailers.

Heck, the best trailer Square-Enix made was "Deus Ex: Human Revolution". Far better than Birth by Sleep's trailer if I have to compare.

^ This. The majority of the trailers I've seen from SE have been pretty bad lately. It's like they purposely use the first recordings for the trailers :\

Sempied

That's kind of funny. I was thinking the same thing just a few moments ago. lol
I haven't seen a legit Birth by Sleep fan dub in ages. (I've tried to stray away since everytime I do I always hear someone doing a very bad Terra that doesn't fit him at all. I'm looking at you GCNET, and KHVIDS on youtube) Hell the last good fan dub I heard was an abridged series for Soul Eater anime.

I'm going to give Willa Holland a chance. She does get a little as the trailer progressed, and shows she did great in the battle scenes, and as the it being a 45+ hour game i'd really like to hope she gets a lot better.

I'm more worried about Terra's VA: He's still unknown, and his voice breaks in battle.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
It it still not as bad as aqua's. Terra's I can live with but not aqua. I really think I could do a better than her.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Recently, with the last couple of english trailers from different games by Square-Enix, they all have actually been done in a amateurish way. I certainly remember Final Fantasy XIII's English Trailer being mediocre, but the voices in-game turned out to be better than expected. It was the same case for 358/2 Days now that I remember [after rewatching the trailer], so my post ages ago about this having mediocre dubbing was harsh, because Square-Enix just makes pooty English Trailers.

This is very true. It's like they purposely use the first recordings for the trailers. Notice how when people saw the E3 trailer they were like "Oh crap! They suck!" but then they saw the gameplay vids (with Terra in OC, Aqua in COD, and Ven in DS), people said "Wow! The voices sound much better here!"

I do believe the voices will sound better in gameplay. (although I don't know why people dislike Terra... He did better than I thought he would)

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I didnt say u coudnt voice ur opinion. Ur not one who is making it seem like a huge deal. Its just that I see people like SERIOUSLY complaning like its the worst thing in the world, and some people are arguing over if a voice is good or not.

I guess I worded it wrong. I didnt mean not to voice ur opinion, i meant that people shouldnt be so dramatic and completely serious about it like its gonna ruin the whole game.

i may not be right, but i do believe that he
SCREWING WITH YOU
though he may really believe in what he said, i doubt he'd fight over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back