• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fear of roaches...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

YUPPP

Is there a scientific term for a fear of cockroaches? I've looked for the term on the internet and nothing popped up so does even have it's own name?

I know it's a pointless thread but it has been bugging me for some reason.

tangerine

Awards
It's actually known as Blattodephobia. Technical names for fears are all known as phobias, so it's easily found if you Google: "roach phobia".

YUPPP

Yeah I read that. But on the link it pulled up it was Yahoo answers it said the lady answering the question made it up herself. I should of known she was lying.

Damn Bing lol. Thanks everyone, this can be closed now.

tangerine

Awards
Oh, I see. After looking into it more carefully, there actually is no word for a fear of roaches. The closest thing I can find, in case you haven't found it yet, is a fear of bugs, which is known as entomophobia (or insectophobia). Following is the explanation as to why people refer to it as Blattodephobia.

Cockroaches are insects of the Order Blattodea.
Blattodephobia is a made up word using the Order name so it is the same as saying Cockroach Phobia.

:V

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
but cockoroaches are scry as hell, man. they can survive nuclear wars
i think ive found the answer to our nuclear problems

YUPPP

Oh, I see. After looking into it more carefully, there actually is no word for a fear of roaches. The closest thing I can find, in case you haven't found it yet, is a fear of bugs, which is known as entomophobia (or insectophobia). Following is the explanation as to why people refer to it as Blattodephobia.

:V

Huh, that's weird. Cockroaches scare the poo out of me and countless of other people I'm surprised there isn't a name for it.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
One (or was it a water bug?) crawled in from outside. It was the size of a small mouse. I'm usually not afraid of insects, but I jumped like a 2 feet back before proceeding to split it into with an object. It made a juicy "squish" sound. Gross...

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Man, I hate roaches. Here in New Mexico, mi familia has a huge problem with roaches and ants on a daily basis. It's really stupid. Maybe, it's the apartment, but we just live with the roaches. I hate it when I find one in my fridge, that's just disgusting.

krexia

Translator
Awards
That's a myth, though. Cockroaches actually die fairly quickly when exposed to radiation.
The point is that they have a pretty good chance of surviving the nuclear winter afterwards.

tangerine

Awards
The point is that they have a pretty good chance of surviving the nuclear winter afterwards.

I'm not really sure where you're getting your information from, but cockroaches only have a higher resistance to radiation than Humans. That doesn't mean that they have a pretty good chance of surviving after a nuclear war; it just means that they have a better chance than Humans, who nearly have no chance at all. They aren't even the most resistant insects, for that matter.

YUPPP

Man, I hate roaches. Here in New Mexico, mi familia has a huge problem with roaches and ants on a daily basis. It's really stupid. Maybe, it's the apartment, but we just live with the roaches. I hate it when I find one in my fridge, that's just disgusting.

Oh man that sucks. I feel for you.

Just squish em... simple as that...

It really isn't if you're insanely afraid of them like myself. Not the tiny little german cockroaches but the bigger uglier ones. Also Palmetto bugs, their technically beetles but they llok like big ass roaches and those motherfckers fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back