• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gameplay with Voices [[ENG]]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Okay guys, I think I finally think I know what's going on here. If Alister Rose is being serious, then she might not have liked the accent on Aqua. I've listened to the video quite a few times, and it seems like Aqua has a british accent. This would make the most since, as there aren't many British accents in KH, if not absent alltogether. I think that might be why Alister Rose doesn't like Aqua's VA. Accents can sometimes sound weird if your not from that region or nation it comes from.

micbeasty

it does sound like she has a different accent i would say brittish tho maybe latin sounding but hey thts just me i mean listen to wht it sounds like wens she uses magic

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Okay guys, I think I finally think I know what's going on here. If Alister Rose is being serious, then she might not have liked the accent on Aqua. I've listened to the video quite a few times, and it seems like Aqua has a british accent. This would make the most since, as there aren't many British accents in KH, if not absent alltogether. I think that might be why Alister Rose doesn't like Aqua's VA. Accents can sometimes sound weird if your not from that region or nation it comes from.

Allister was being a 100% serious, I talked to her about it when she first posted the comment :/
And I have no idea where your getting "She has and Accent" thing because she sounds American to me (She was born and raised here, if i'm correct). She wasn't talking about any accent, she was talking about how she could tell that the grunts didn't sound good from her and that she sounded like she was holding back on "FIRE!" (This is based on what she says she can only hear from her sensitive headphones, mind you-).
i don't know, i was hearing aqua's battle "cries" with some sensitive ear phones. listening to it by just speakers alone, i can barely notice it.

but i'm still going to say your all too optimistic for those who can't hear it. i remember when i didn't like xion's voice from the first english impression and some said i was too negative, but when the game was released and everyone heard it, there were people that were agreeing to.

it sounds ok, because the bad parts aren't too noticable with speakers alone. but the way she says some spells is really noticable. specificlaly when she says "fire"
your optimism is too much for me.....and i said i had sensitive ear phones. the really expensive kind, where you can hear things almost up to blu ray level (as if you were watching TV). i was able to hear alot of flaws on all the characters.

when she says "fire" it's on enthuisiastic, and when she attacks seconds before one of her battle screams end you can hear that she's holding back.
^Allister's posts

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It is possible that Aqua does have an accent. British accents are sometimes given to people in dubs who originally speak very politely...like Aqua. I really don't hear it, but I'll watch the vid some more once I get home to double check.

Last edited:

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Actually Luxord had a British accent, if memory serves me right. And I really don't hear any accent in Aqua's voice. Plus, like S&C said, Willa's from the USA (I think.)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Nice, I like the way the voices sound for the characters so far. Though the VA for Aqua does sound kind of reluctant or unsure some how in the way she says the attacks. I like the way the voice sounds it self it's just the execution seems.... off? Of coarse it's too early to pass judgment.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Not too sure about Terra atm, loving Aqua, and Ven really just sounds like Roxas's VA.

gonald doofy

hollow bastion. as in, the kh1 one. the GOOD one.
Willa Holland is from the U.S. for sure, she has no accent. I also noticed that she was holding back a bit on the spells, like fire and thunder, or else just couldn't find a good way to do them, but i think her normal attacking sounds and grunts are quite good. Ven sounds perfectly fine, Jesse McCartney seems back to a more kh2 roxas voice rather than a 358/2 days roxas voice, which wasn't quite as good. As for Terra, I do believe it is Mark Hamill after hearing the one line he spoke during battle, it sounded rather Luke Skywalkerish to me. I thought he would he be weird in the role because of his age compared to McCartney and Holland (even though I love Mark Hamill) but I think he sounds just fine, even if he's not as good as the Japanese VA. I'm just waiting to hear some dialogue, that should be very interesting, especially considering Nimoy is in the mix too. Also wondering about Eraqus's VA, hoping he's good, whoever he is.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Hnnn... I think there are just so many ways to grunt, yanno? As long as it's not jarring when you actually play (and there's a difference between hearing it as you play and sitting there listening carefully to analyse it) then it should be fine ;D
Dialogue delivery > grunts in my scale of importance!

I'm not really saying it's bad or anything, and I really don't think it says anything about the way he's going to sound doing actual lines. ^^;

But, while there's only so many ways to do attack noises, Terra's way of doing it is far less common than the alternative. VAs almost always make a majority of their attack noises end with an "ah" sound ("Ha!" "Ya!" "Hya!" "Hi-ya!" etc.), which makes sense 'cause that type of sound's got a fair amount of force behind it to begin with. Terra's Japanese VA tends to end his sounds in "uh" instead, which works for him because he puts enough force into it to make up for the lack of openness. And Terra's English VA does the exact same thing, even if he doesn't put quite as much force into it, which makes me suspect he was using the Japanese VA as a reference instead of just trying to make battle sounds in his own voice.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
It is possible that Aqua does have an accent. British accents are sometimes given to people in dubs who originally speak very politely...like Aqua. I really don't hear it, but I'll watch the vid some more once I get home to double check.

It's nice to know that I'm not going insane. Kudos to you Sign for excepting the possibility.

Willa Holland is from the U.S. for sure, she has no accent.

I never said she herself was British, just that the accent Aqua had was, and that british accents are uncommon to our area and KH in general, so it would be okay if someone were to find it akward.

I also noticed that she was holding back a bit on the spells, like fire and thunder, or else just couldn't find a good way to do them, but i think her normal attacking sounds and grunts are quite good.

The spells were the part where I heard a British accent.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I never said she herself was British, just that the accent Aqua had was, and that british accents are uncommon to our area and KH in general, so it would be okay if someone were to find it akward.

I'm sorry, but Allister never said anything about hearing an accent (She was who you were talking about in the first place? y/n?), she simply said that she didn't like her battle noises (Which she said only she could hear because of her headphones) and thought Aqua was holding back.

I still don't understand where you're getting that she sounds British from. I listened to the gameplay over a billion times and she sounded like she had a normal american accent esp. on thunder and fire.

Last edited:

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]

I'm sorry, but Allister never said anything about hearing an accent (She was who you were talking about in the first place? y/n?), she simply said that she didn't like her battle noises (Which she said only she could hear because of her headphones) and thought Aqua was holding back.

To answer you, Allister Rose was who I was reffering to. She may not have heard an accent, but we sometimes can't pick up on particular accents so easily. Becaus of this, it may just sound very akward to the mind, so it takes the form of bad speech or sound like a different emotion than what the person is trying to convey since we are not used to those accents. However, it may not be an accent because yet again, our mind picks up sounds differently, so all I'm saying is that I heard a Bristish accent, and if Allister Rose heard it too, it might sound akward to her.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So I watched it a few more times, and I really can't hear an accent. Or is it because I'm trying to listen for an accent I don't really want on Aqua so I can't hear it? Maybe I need those 1337 headphones -.-"

Last edited:

Jakek9

I like it. The voices sound great, and I LOVE mcartneys voice. Though I'm not so crazy for the VA himself. Terra sounds almost like a surfer dude lol, but my mind is probably just playing tricks on me. aqua sounds GREAT. can't wait to hear her in dubs. Willa Hollands sounds great so far from the various one liners we heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back