• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I highly doubt James Woods will be Terra. They'll find someone who doesn't have so unique of a natural voice to do him. James Woods is Hades, like always, there's really no reason to speculate that he'll play someone else. Just take a breather, regardless of whether people admit it, we know who's playing Vanitas, so that can be cut out too.

??? I didn't say James Woods will be Terra, I said Eraqus o_0 James Woods wouldn't fit in Terra at all.

And I KNEW someone was going to make a comment on Vanitas. Like I said, until it's confirmed it isn't true so people really shouldn't say "OMG IT'S A FACT!" because for all we know, they may end up getting another actor (just saying, don't want to get in another argument but stop treating it like it's confirmed)

...And I know he's playing as Hades but there IS a reason to speculate he'll play someone else because of the order of the cast. They 95% of the time NEVER list someone just because they're famous in the main cast. Otherwise they could've just said "James Woods will return as Hades" but instead they list him next to the TAVX group. Not saying it's true but I am prepared for that voice.

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign

??? I didn't say James Woods will be Terra, I said Eraqus o_0

And I KNEW someone was going to make a comment on Vanitas. Like I said, until it's confirmed it isn't true so people really shouldn't say "OMG IT'S A FACT!" because for all we know, they may end up getting another actor (just saying, don't want to get in another argument but stop treating it like it's confirmed)

...And I know he's playing as Hades but there IS a reason to speculate he'll play someone else because of the order of the cast. They 95% of the time NEVER list someone just because they're famous in the main cast. Otherwise they could've just said "James Woods will return as Hades" but instead they list him next to the TAVX group. Not saying it's true but I am prepared for that voice.

Regardless, there's really no reason to get so defensive. The supposed voice actor has a pretty solid anchor on this series, so there's really nothing to argue about on that fact. And I'm not saying it's a fact, it's just that there's no reason to pretend there's no bias on it. Just take a chill pill.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Regardless, there's really no reason to get so defensive. The supposed voice actor has a pretty solid anchor on this series, so there's really nothing to argue about on that fact. And I'm not saying it's a fact, it's just that there's no reason to pretend there's no bias on it. Just take a chill pill.

Okay... I'm just getting sick of idiots commenting (not necessairily on this forum, I was alternating to youtube and some idiots still comment going "OMG VEN LOOKS LIKE ROXAS BECAUSE HE'S SORA'S DAD!" or "AQUA IS KAIRI'S MOTHER!" or "IS TERRA SUPPOSED TO BE SORA FROM THE FUTURE???" so I'm a little ticked off.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Okay... I'm just getting sick of idiots commenting (not necessairily on this forum, I was alternating to youtube and some idiots still comment going "OMG VEN LOOKS LIKE ROXAS BECAUSE HE'S SORA'S DAD!" or "AQUA IS KAIRI'S MOTHER!" or "IS TERRA SUPPOSED TO BE SORA FROM THE FUTURE???" so I'm a little ticked off.

They're still doing that? Eh, people on youtube are like that. You learn to ignore it after a while.

Desert_Punk

LOL how is this Vanitas thing still going on?

Sure, there may not be concrete proof that HJO is playing Vanitas for sure but HJO=Vanitas has more backing considering the fact that Nomura specifically had Miyu voice him because Vanitas looked like Sora. Mark Hamill=Vanitas makes no sense what so ever apart from a laugh.
It would be stupid for Hamill to voice him because apart from the face, it was supposed to be a complete shock for someone to have Vanitas have Sora's voice. It tears him apart from just being a black haired Sora because people will recognize the voice y/y? Plus, as I said earlier, Nomura wanted Miyu to voice him because he had the same face as Sora.
Your idea was... Interesting, but it is highly unplausible for him to voice the character considering the circumstances.

I was thinking about this earlier, if Mark Hamill was to say voice Terra (This is just an example-), who would end up voicing Eraqus? They didn't mention anyone else who could be him.

Unless for some reason HJO could not come back to do the role of Vanitas. There have been many occasions where voice actors have been replaced (i.e. Zane was replaced by Epcar.). Its highly plausible.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Unless for some reason HJO could not come back to do the role of Vanitas. There have been many occasions where voice actors have been replaced (i.e. Zane was replaced by Epcar.). Its highly plausible.

Yeah, but I doubt there'll be an incident for HJO like with Zane.

And as far as I know, he's not really involved in any big projects right now.

Venitas

I think they included James Woods because he is a well known actor/VA like Mark Hamill and Jesse McCartney. Now, if your going "NO, UR WRONG, CUZ WHO THE HELL IS WILLA HOLLAND"...I think they included her cuz she is current and relevant 2 pop culture today.

Carbonite

I think they included James Woods because he is a well known actor/VA like Mark Hamill and Jesse McCartney. Now, if your going "NO, UR WRONG, CUZ WHO THE HELL IS WILLA HOLLAND"...I think they included her cuz she is current and relevant 2 pop culture today.

I can vouch for the Willa Holland thing...
I love Gossip Girl... ;;

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Well, ME doesn't say much in the game (if you watch videos of gameplay)...so they might not get someone new to play him, and Woods could be a plausible candidate....as could Hamill.
They might just use a VA that they already have to be ME...but ME does have too little of lines, for someone like Hamill to only voice him. ( he is a great VA IMO), and James Woods is only Hades, still not that big a part, besides being the villain in OC.

And after watching the Hoth Mission in Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition...I say Hamill could pull off the voice of Terra.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Yeah, but I doubt there'll be an incident for HJO like with Zane.

And as far as I know, he's not really involved in any big projects right now.

Actually,i think HJO WAS filming a movie during the time BBS was supposed to be recorded.

αsiя

space coke

Actually,i think HJO WAS filming a movie during the time BBS was supposed to be recorded.

Anything HJO does nowadays isn't that important. Hell, his sister has a bigger schedule than him.

Sempied

Actually his two films he was to work on are still in search of a director. (Montana Amazon, and Truth and Treason.) The only other thing he had was a broadway performance which was performed a year ago.

I think he'd be more than happy to add something he could actually do to his repertoire of to do list.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I watched Star Wars again last night, and I have to say that really strengthened my support for Mark Hamill as Terra.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

IMHO, HJO would be good as Vanitas; his voice is deeper and he can make it darker, I'm sure, if necessary. Don't think he will play the part though.

I watched Star Wars again last night, and I have to say that really strengthened my support for Mark Hamill as Terra.

Can you put all of that first part in spoiler tags? >_> And I am sure he will. I am praying he is. It would be so wrong if he didn't.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

And after watching the Hoth Mission in Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition...I say Hamill could pull off the voice of Terra.

Slight problem: Mark Hamill didn't voice Luke in The Force Unleashed.

Which leads to the next problem:

Mark Hamill hasn't played that role (outside of cartoon cameos) since 1983. Why assume he'd sound the same now?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Mark Hamill hasn't played that role (outside of cartoon cameos) since 1983. Why assume he'd sound the same now?

Robot Chicken.

That is what! Yes...It was like two seconds of a line but a damn good two seconds of a line.

You didn't have to put that last part in spoiler tags, I'm sure. >>

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lol I did it because I was responding to what you said and as some have said people aren't idiots. They can figure out what somebody means by what somebody said earlier.

And yes, he is. Pretty sure on that. I think it was confirmed.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Robot Chicken.

That is what! Yes...It was like two seconds of a line but a damn good two seconds of a line.

Lol I did it because I was responding to what you said and as some have said people aren't idiots. They can figure out what somebody means by what somebody said earlier.

And yes, he is. Pretty sure on that. I think it was confirmed.

Make that 100% sure. He's confirmed it via email and facebook several times; even told us the character he was playing :D

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

I never assumed that he could sound like that now. Of course I know his voice has changed - people rarely sound the same after, what, 30 years or so? It'd be nice if he could sound like that, sure, because I think that would fit the character. But I still think he could pull it off quite nicely, as long as he doesn't sound like a raspy old man a la MX, considering Terra is supposed to be in his twenties (or late teens, I don't know his exact age). I think he's a talented guy and could pull off almost any role he takes on, whether it be the voice of a young man like Terra or of an older man like ME.

Make that 100% sure. He's confirmed it via email and facebook several times; even told us the character he was playing :D

LOL I forgot he was on Facebook...time to go visit his page now! :wanders off to FB:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back