• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does everyone like Axel?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Werebereus

I'll be truthful here...I DON'T like Axel for VERY good reasons...
I don't see any reason to like him and most fangirls give me the same answer "Cuz HE"S ZO HOTT!!!11!1!!!!"

Anyone care to explain?

Allister Rose

French Lover
hard to explain for me, he was roxas only friend (well at first), he suicide blast himself to save sora, and he seemed much more independent than most organization members

Werebereus

hard to explain for me, he was roxas only friend (well at first), he suicide blast himself to save sora, and he seemed much more independent than most organization members

Axel was never Roxas friend IMO, he was basicaly there to teach Roxas and nothing more. He keeps a million secrets from Roxas and when he's dying Roxas doesn't appear to say any last words to Axel like he did when after Xemnas was defeated for the first time(then came back on that dragon...)

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Axel was never Roxas friend IMO, he was basicaly there to teach Roxas and nothing more.

No, he was a friend, or he would not have risked his life to save Sora, Roxas's "Other"

He keeps a million secrets from Roxas and

He thinks he's doing it for Roxas's sake, not necessarily cause he wants to.

when he's dying Roxas doesn't appear to say any last words to Axel like he did when after Xemnas was defeated for the first time(then came back on that dragon...)

Roxas Crys. Nuff said.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Axel was never Roxas friend IMO, he was basicaly there to teach Roxas and nothing more. He keeps a million secrets from Roxas and when he's dying Roxas doesn't appear to say any last words to Axel like he did when after Xemnas was defeated for the first time(then came back on that dragon...)
In kh2 he roxas said "no one would miss me", axel said "that's not true! i would..." and he captured kairi so that he can see roxas again (complicated i know, i didn't really like the reason) in kh2 final mix it hinted further that they were friends when they both shared a scene together up on the clock tower in twilight town, in 358/2 days it was confirmed that they were friends.

i wonder if you played kh2 or kh days

A

Azrael

Roxas and Axel are crappy friends to one another inb4 fans come in

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I'll be truthful here...I DON'T like Axel for VERY good reasons...
I don't see any reason to like him and most fangirls give me the same answer "Cuz HE"S ZO HOTT!!!11!1!!!!"

Anyone care to explain?
He's hot is most likely why, and the fact he was "friends" with roxas and such stuff as that.

And he wields fire..

I personally don't like him, so I'm on your boat. Infact, I hate him for killing zexion and vexen. (Even if he was ordered to- yes)

edit: woo hoo! 100 to go!

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll go with the simple fact that audience love to pity and sympathize with a character: especially if the guy in question is incredibly good-looking and has a "romantic" relationship with his younger best friend to a certain large part of the fandom. Axel wasn't one in CoM, but once KH2 hit, he became one of the ever growing Woobies that the series is becoming fond of, as killer kung fu bitch so discreetly explained. Axel himself has the "bad boy" charm going on.

It doesn't help that he's the only member other than the main characters that Nomura ever gave a rat's ass about to go in-depth with because of his blatant bias and favoritism being chosen over neutral and fair development of others.

That's how a character makes it in the KH universe: get the favor of the staff, or fans, and you get whored out unnecessarily until you're dry...and even then some.

Allister Rose

French Lover
seriosuly, theres no reason to "hate" axel though, you can not like him, and then you can like him, and maybe be a fan. but it' s not like axel is one of the stupidest organization members there.

Silfarion

Roxas and Axel are crappy friends to one another inb4 fans come in

You know what? I think you are trolling. You call crappy friends who meet every single day possible on a clock tower, buy ice cream, talk, say "I'd miss you" when the other is mad and walk away? Wow, what a crappy friend that is. Would you buy your friend ice cream for nearly every single days for almost a year? I doubt anyone would.

Roxas is not a god. How can you tell if he knew Axel died or not? And those secrets were mostly for Roxas's sake, not because of selfishness (at least Axel thought so).

Axel is what I'd call a true friend. I'd actually give out everything I have if I could have a friend like that.

Werebereus

But Roxas didn't. I good friend wouldn't keep a secret about another friends upcoming demise(Because they only created Xion to copy Roxas' keyblade. Then they wouldn't need Roxas anymore.)

Awkward Squid

But Roxas didn't. I good friend wouldn't keep a secret about another friends upcoming demise(Because they only created Xion to copy Roxas' keyblade. Then they wouldn't need Roxas anymore.)

Roxas was already oblivious to everything going on around him; he was doing the organization's dirty work without much thought as to why he was doing it; and on top of that he was already struggling on the inside. It's not like Axel could've walked right up to him and bluntly say; "Hey, you'll never guess who's gonna die today!"

A

Azrael

seriosuly, theres no reason to "hate" axel though, you can not like him, and then you can like him, and maybe be a fan. but it' s not like axel is one of the stupidest organization members there.

He's unfairly given more development over anyone else.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
lol implying the rest of the Organization had something to develop

~Endavi~

I liked Axel from the beginning mostly for the whole 'pyro' thing and he did have more scenes then most of the org members. But over time so many people constatly quoting him and that stupid 'Got it memorized?' line started to get to me.

I don't know where I stand at this point

Lasci

He was one of the few Organization members that was relatively well-developed and didn't get snuffed halfway through the game. Therefore, I got to enjoy his company more and ended up liking him more than other characters.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
For one thing, he was one of the more humorous Nobodies. But more importantly, Axel had a huge personality change. In the beginning of KH2, he acted like an antagonist, battling Roxas and even trying to destroy him. But by the end of the game, he's become a caring Nobody who even goes to the extent of sacrificing himself to save Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back