• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

World of Warcraft Advice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Guild Wars is better.

Well, it was when I stopped playing MMO's. Life can very easily ruin your gaming, if you let it.

What?
As much as I liked Guild Wars, it doesn't compare to WoW.

Sepulchre

Awards
WoW was a tedious grind-fest that never ended. At least GW spared me that.

If I ever want to pour hours into doing the same crap over and over again, I'll just put on Disgaea.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
WoW was a tedious grind-fest that never ended. At least GW spared me that.

Lol, WoW isn't even close to a grind-fest.

You probably haven't tried many MMOs. If you want to talk about grind, play just about any Korean MMO or play FFXI(well i read lvling isn;t so bad now in FFXI) Vs other MMO lvling in WoW is cake walk.lol

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I sure do love me some Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine. That's not a grindfest at all.

If I had a debit card, I'd probably play WoW. Just saying.

Sepulchre

Awards

You probably haven't tried many MMOs. If you want to talk about grind, play just about any Korean MMO or play FFXI(well i read lvling isn;t so bad now in FFXI) Vs other MMO lvling in WoW is cake walk.lol

I've played EVE (although I can't remember why), FFXI (decent if you have a party; even worse than WoW otherwise, or at least it was back before any of the expansions), EQ a long time ago, Ragnarok (eww, I know), GW (obviously) and WoW.

And yes; WoW is a grind-fest. If not for experience, (which, I'll admit, only took about a week or two of casual playing) then for items. I got bored of the game play (although playing a warlock probably wasn't the best choice, all things considered), I disliked the community, the story didn't interest me and I didn't have much money as it was. GW, on the other hand, beat WoW on all four points. I only quit playing that because I didn't have the time any more.

...can't we just agree to disagree or something? I feel like a basement-bound, overweight, ignorant little fucknugget; trying to say which MMO's good when pretty much all of them are the same anyway.

Z

Zulkir

It is, it just covers it up by calling it "dailies" instead.

Well hello there good sir, please kill 9 bears.

Ah good! Now kill 9 greater bears!

Ah good! Now kill 9 dire bears!

Ah good! Now kill 9 greater dire bears!

Remember, skinning a bear aggros all bears within a 40 yd radius.

(all MMO's eventually break down to some kind of grind, it's a matter of making the grind bearable or not, WoW does a good job at removing a lot of the "arrgh grind" stuff but like all MMO's, it cant get rid of most of it)

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I've played EVE (although I can't remember why), FFXI (decent if you have a party; even worse than WoW otherwise, or at least it was back before any of the expansions), EQ a long time ago, Ragnarok (eww, I know), GW (obviously) and WoW.

And yes; WoW is a grind-fest. If not for experience, (which, I'll admit, only took about a week or two of casual playing) then for items. I got bored of the game play (although playing a warlock probably wasn't the best choice, all things considered), I disliked the community, the story didn't interest me and I didn't have much money as it was. GW, on the other hand, beat WoW on all four points. I only quit playing that because I didn't have the time any more.

...can't we just agree to disagree or something? I feel like a basement-bound, overweight, ignorant little fucknugget; trying to say which MMO's good when pretty much all of them are the same anyway.

..okay, I play wow forever and it was never grind fest in my eyes. FFXI is even if you have party because at lvl10 youhave to be in one to lvl. Well back in the day.

but oh well.

D

Deleted member 36435

how dare you have to actually do something more then once before you do it right or are at the maximum level

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
WoW is fun if you have a lot of friends (mostly irl friends) to play with as I do.

Otherwise it's a bit boring to take on by yourself.

The same could be said of most MMOs btw. :eek:

It's fun to pretend MMO players could possibly have friends IRL.

Yeah, I suggest you do play with friends. I hate instancing with random people. You end up with assholes. Such as the 'Pull a mob, cause a wipe, and blame the first person you can see' people for higher leveled instances, or the "Wow, you suck. Go kill yourself for not understanding how to play your role" for the lower leveled instances where you're actually trying to adjust to a new class. With your friends, you can actually enjoy it and when you wipe, there's less chance of a Rageout.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Because that isn't at all offending to the people here who play MMOs.

Pretty sure I put in somewhere I play MMOs. But yeah, let's all believe the stereotype.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
If there is really in grind it starts and end game gearing toons/

and its not like gearing ur toon is hard for heroic. I mean u get set of gear in a day if u played all day. Only thing that is hard is finding a good grp too raid with that know what there doing, lol.

I don't see how WoW is grind but then again I enjoyed lvling and lvling alts because I did it with my good friend. Maybe that is why it didn't feel lile a grind.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
From what I'm reading from everyone the game is only worth it if I have a Guild (or real life friends to play with to put it more accurately). Luckily for me if I do decide to play I'll be playing with my godmother and her family and friends most of the time. xD

A few more questions...xD

~ If I join a Guild can I use a different character every time I want to play with them, or do I have to play with the same character every time?

~ When it comes to Guilds can they be mixed with Horde and Alliance characters, or is each Guild only apart of one allegiance?

~ Also, I've noticed that when I log in to WoW on my trial account, there are different servers, some say PVP and some don't, what are the servers for and which one should I be using?

I'm sorry for sounding like a newb to this but I am because I usually play the Playstation and Nintendo counsels, so please bare with me. ^_^

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
From what I'm reading from everyone the game is only worth it if I have a Guild (or real life friends to play with to put it more accurately). Luckily for me if I do decide to play I'll be playing with my godmother and her family and friends most of the time. xD

A few more questions...xD

~ If I join a Guild can I use a different character every time I want to play with them, or do I have to play with the same character every time?

~ When it comes to Guilds can they be mixed with Horde and Alliance characters, or is each Guild only apart of one allegiance?

~ Also, I've noticed that when I log in to WoW on my trial account, there are different servers, some say PVP and some don't, what are the servers for and which one should I be using?

I'm sorry for sounding like a newb to this but I am because I usually play the Playstation and Nintendo counsels, so please bare with me. ^_^

1. Each character can be in one guild, but it's the character, not the account that's in it. If one character joins, the others haven't. You can, however, have multiple characters join the same guild... or make a guild.

2. Only alliance or horde. As they're created by players, and the players can't normally interact with the opposite faction, it carries into the guilds.

3. In PvP servers, outside of a starting zone you can be attacked by members of the opposite faction at any time. On normal servers, you can choose when you want to be attacked, though attacking someone who has flagged themselves for PvP on the Normal server will flag you. In RP servers, you're actually supposed to be your character, and in RPPvP... well, the name explains itself.

For the record, if you feel like being social with KHI, I've heard that the unofficial KHI server is Spinebreaker, though I'm not sure how true that is...

D

Deleted member 36435

Fal Ce (or is Fal Cie, fuck idk) is the Alliance guild on Spinebreaker for KHI. I'm not active in it however.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Fal Ce (or is Fal Cie, fuck idk) is the Alliance guild on Spinebreaker for KHI. I'm not active in it however.

Actually I disbanded that guild, and me and Sereh (Ulti) are in a new guild I created that has a ton of my IRL friends.

Our guild is kinda slow going right now because Cataclysm is coming, but if you want to join you're definetly welcome.

We're located on the Spinebreaker server.

http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Spinebreaker&gn=ÆSIR

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
1273510917586.jpg

D

Deleted member 36435

hey guys
while we are getting ass fucked everywhere i want you to waste time and resources and redo my city to make it purtfiyul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back