• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

World of Warcraft Advice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
I've got a question...xD

My godmother is trying to get me into WoW. Right now I have the 10-day free trial. The game is quite fun but it's also quite boring at times (I am still at the beginning so that might have something to do with it). I was wondering if it's a good investment to pay for the game. I did play and beat Warcraft III a couple of years ago and I enjoyed it but I'm not much of a computer game person. To be honest, I'm more into the PS2 and Nintendo DS counsels. I also want to know how much does WoW cost per month. I looked on the website and it only mentions $20 to buy the game, which that doesn't tell me how much the payments are. Thanks in advance! xD

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
The last time I checked, it was about 15$ Americanish... But, I've been buying the cards that get you 30 days at a time, and that cost, maybe 25$ Canadian, without tax? I don't know enough about how strong American currency is right now, so I'll go out on a limb and say it's probably in that general area in the U.S. too.

Also, we have a thread on World of Warcraft, so in the future any questions should probably be in there, I guess.

D

Deleted member 36435

World of Warcraft is 15 dollars per month, 13 dollars per month if you buy 3 months, and 11 dollars per month if you buy 6 months. The game + the burning crusader expansion set will run you 40 dollars. Then another 40 for the Wrath of the Lich King expansion set. This may sound pricey but you can play as much as you want and you end up saving money if you play WoW instead of going to see a movie or going out to eat.
Also, if you want to play with me, send me an email and we can set up a Recruit-a-Friend link where we gain 3x experience as well as other cool benefits.

Spyells

The last time I checked, it was about 15$ Americanish... But, I've been buying the cards that get you 30 days at a time, and that cost, maybe 25$ Canadian, without tax? I don't know enough about how strong American currency is right now, so I'll go out on a limb and say it's probably in that general area in the U.S. too.

Also, we have a thread on World of Warcraft, so in the future any questions should probably be in there, I guess.

Thanks for the response. I tried looking for a thread and I did pull up one about the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. I wasn't sure if I should post in there or not because I'm still trying to understand the difference between the expansions and regular WoW. I just wanted to ask for advice about the regular game. =)

World of Warcraft is 15 dollars per month, 13 dollars per month if you buy 3 months, and 11 dollars per month if you buy 6 months. The game + the burning crusader expansion set will run you 40 dollars. Then another 40 for the Wrath of the Lich King expansion set. This may sound pricey but you can play as much as you want and you end up saving money if you play WoW instead of going to see a movie or going out to eat.
Also, if you want to play with me, send me an email and we can set up a Recruit-a-Friend link where we gain 3x experience as well as other cool benefits.

Thank you so much for spelling out the prices for me. I had thought the website would have given me that information but it didn't. If I do buy the game I'll send you a PM. I look forward to having someone to play WoW with. ^_^

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Thanks for the response. I tried looking for a thread and I did pull up one about the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. I wasn't sure if I should post in there or not because I'm still trying to understand the difference between the expansions and regular WoW. I just wanted to ask for advice about the regular game. =)

Actually, that thread is about the game as a whole... Seeing as the expansions just stack on top of the game. But, seeing as most of the latest information has been about WotLK, I figure it is probably the most dominant topic in there.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I've got a question...xD

My godmother is trying to get me into WoW. Right now I have the 10-day free trial. The game is quite fun but it's also quite boring at times (I am still at the beginning so that might have something to do with it). I was wondering if it's a good investment to pay for the game. I did play and beat Warcraft III a couple of years ago and I enjoyed it but I'm not much of a computer game person. To be honest, I'm more into the PS2 and Nintendo DS counsels. I also want to know how much does WoW cost per month. I looked on the website and it only mentions $20 to buy the game, which that doesn't tell me how much the payments are. Thanks in advance! xD

WoW can be tiring if you just level up alone. It is a MMO for a reason. Make friends. Get into a guild. Interact. You'll find an interest. If you want to continue or not is up to you. But I'd suggest getting into this NOW. The new expansion, Cataclysm, is revamping everything. So if you want to get to know the game, you better make that decision fast. 15 a month isn't really a lot, but if you aren't hardcore player, then just get the cards. Then you can just decide what two months you'll be playing and can take a month off without the hassle of online paying.

Spyells

Actually, that thread is about the game as a whole... Seeing as the expansions just stack on top of the game. But, seeing as most of the latest information has been about WotLK, I figure it is probably the most dominant topic in there.

I thought there was some sort of difference because on the website it let me download the regular WoW for the trial period. It lists both expansions as separate so I wasn't for sure how they worked. So, expansions are actually apart of the larger game? o_O

Eh, just be careful when it comes to MMO's. Worry about time investment more than money investment.

WoW Detox - The Detox center for your World of Warcraft Addiction!

I've heard that this game is addictive. I actually had that one main reason in mind when I began the thread. This reason was actually more important to me then the cost becuase I was slightly worried about that being a possibility. I was just waiting for someone to bring it up. Thanks for the link! xD

Spyells

WoW can be tiring if you just level up alone. It is a MMO for a reason. Make friends. Get into a guild. Interact. You'll find an interest. If you want to continue or not is up to you. But I'd suggest getting into this NOW. The new expansion, Cataclysm, is revamping everything. So if you want to get to know the game, you better make that decision fast. 15 a month isn't really a lot, but if you aren't hardcore player, then just get the cards. Then you can just decide what two months you'll be playing and can take a month off without the hassle of online paying.

Sorry for the double post but you posted right after I did... xP

Do you know when the new expansion comes out? I may not be making my final decision until school is out in three weeks. =(

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

you just want the rocket mount

admit it

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
WoW is fun if you have a lot of friends (mostly irl friends) to play with as I do.

Otherwise it's a bit boring to take on by yourself.

The same could be said of most MMOs btw. :eek:

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

Lol, I haven't even started. That was the whole point of this thread. I was trying to see if I should start. And what are your reasons for why I shouldn't play. I'm looking for advice but just saying don't play isn't a very good reason. ^_^
He just hates MMOs.

and like Shamdeo said its only fun if you have people to play with. I meet a good friend on WoW, right before I was about to quit. Now I;ve been playing WOW since 2005.

It csucks though if you don't have anyone to play with.

JohnnyLegend

Straight up. Don't do it.

Takes up far too much of your time, and really, they're not that entertaining (and WoW costs you precious money).

I could think of several things you could better use your time on.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Guild Wars isn't even a true MMO.

Its as much as MMO as Diablo2 is, lol. j/k but its not really a true MMO like EQ, PS, WoW, FFXI, DC:U, SW: ToRetc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back