• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~ Blackbird ~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Characters; Xion and Demyx
Summary; Singing along isn’t all that bad when you find the right person to sing with...
Word Count; 1,062

~ Blackbird ~

Chapter One: Singing in the dead of night

Limbs shaking, temperature rising, she shot up from her bed covered in small glistening droplets produced from her undying nerves. She hoped that these “dreams” would soon cease but they kept on returning to assure her that nothing would ever be like before. Her breathing was frantic and quick as she sat up stiffly in her bed, not daring to move. In order to calm her breathing, she began to move her hands in circular motions towards her chest with her eyes closed. A short moment of silence washed over the room as she began to recall memories that she held dear. The thoughts of her two best friends started to soothe her until unknown memories and visions began to flash within her mind, intruding on her moment of peace.

Frustration made itself known as she rose from her bed and followed the moonlight to her windowsill. Her royal blue orbs gazed out towards the heart-shaped moon that struck a chord within her every time she laid eyes upon it. Something about that moon was so mysterious yet beautiful, and in an odd way, menacing. Feeling hot, she decided to open her window in order to allow the night’s fresh air inside. Upon lifting the glass above her head, a foreign noise made itself present off in the distance. It flowed through the air smoothly and made its way into her ears.

Help! I need some--.” The voice sang. “Help! Not just anyb--y. Help! You know I n--- some--ne…

Furrowing her brow, she wondered why someone would call for help in such an odd manner. She had never heard anything like it before in her entire Nobody existence and natural curiosity began to sink in. And thus began the internal debate concerning whether or not she should return to her unpleasant dreams or discover the source of such odd and unfamiliar cries. Her curious mind won the battle and caused her to make the next decision.

To leave her room.

Taking quiet steps down the long corridor filled with the rooms of Organization members, she tried her best to not allow anyone to know of her presence. She knew that if she was caught she would most likely be sent back to bed.

As she continued down the hall, she could hear the singing quite clearer and she began to make out what he said. “Help me if you can I’m feeling down. And I do appreciate you being ‘round. Help me get my feet back on the ground. Won’t you pleaaase, please help me!”

“OH!” The raven-haired girl cried as she stumbled on her own feet, causing her to SMACK loudly against the tiled floor. Motionless, she hoped and wished that no one had heard her fumble. Clearly the voice had heard since he had ceased singing for the time being. Hearing the faint metallic click of a doorknob being turned, she bit her lip. Oh no, she thought. Scrambling quickly to her feet, she came face to face with long skinny arms attached to a broad chest accompanied by a small waist. Eyes wide, her gaze met Axel’s drowsy yet concerned emerald orbs.

“Xion?” He began, rubbing his eyes with one hand.

“Y-yes Axel?” She replied, brushing some hair behind her ear.

“Are you—” He yawned. “Okay?”

“Yes. I’m totally fine. I just tripped on my way to get a glass of water.”

Axel slightly narrowed his eyes at the young girl. He was worried that she may run away again… He always hated it when she did that, and she knew it. Still, something in the back of his mind told him that she wasn’t leaving since she was still dressed in her pajamas and she looked as though she had something else on her mind. “Are you sure?” He asked, sticking his neck out to peer down both ends of the hallway.

“Positive.”

“Do you need me to go with you in case you—” He was quickly cut off.

“No it’s fine! Really. I don’t want you to miss out on your sleep in order to go get water with me.”

“It’s really not a problem Xion I just don’t want you getting hurt.” The concern in his eyes sunk deep into Xion core causing her to look away from him for the time being and into his chamber.

“I’ll be okay. Just go to bed please.” She placed a smile on her porcelain face to assure him that she’ll be fine.

After a brief silence, he let out sigh and shrugged his shoulders. “Okay, but if anything happens—”

“Goodnight.” She replied with a small chuckle while shoving him inside his room. He wasn’t offended by such action and complied when he shut his door, leaving Xion out in the hall. Taking a deep breath, she wiped her brow with the back of her hand. Now that that was over, the absence of the man’s voice caused yet another problem. Frowning, she sat there in silence for a short while hoping that the sound would soon resume. It was silent. Dead silent actually. “Come on.” She said to herself as if it would cause the sound to pick up again. As if on cue, the voice began to sing again.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away. Now it looks as though they’re here to stay. Oh I believe in Yesterday…” As the melody continued to flow into her ears, she couldn’t help but become entranced by the lyrics. What was once cries of help became cries of sadness, emotions that she would never truly understand, let alone experience.

Guided by the male’s voice and the moonlight, she found herself in the Hall of Empty Melodies. The voice echoed through out the large, empty room yet she could see no sight of its owner. Turning in constant circles, she searched for a face or something that would at least give her some closure. Noting the staircase leading up to a large balcony over looking the courtyard below, she decided to climb it allowing the melodic voice to soothe away all her doubts and obvious concerns about venturing towards the unknown.

Peering over the railing, she found her answer and with it came a broad smile that danced its way onto her face.

~♫~

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
ooooooommmmmmmmgggggggggg beatlesssssssssssssssss

But seriously I really liked it, and not just cause of the reference, the story was nice. I'd like to see more

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
ooooooommmmmmmmgggggggggg beatlesssssssssssssssss

hehe I'm so glad you like The Beatles as much as I do :)

But seriously I really liked it, and not just cause of the reference, the story was nice. I'd like to see more
You know what I think. Look forward to more :)

Working on a new chapter right now :)

I liked this one. Real good Passion!

I'm surprised knowing how you feel about Demyx and all :p

A

Azrael

Oh pish posh you know that I have nothing against Demyx. Unless someone screws up his character. Still your great portrayal of him does nothing to top Marluxia and Luxord as my top favorites. And I hope for more!

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Oh really now? *Arches eyebrow*
And speaking of Marly, I need to finish that fanfcition for the Commish :p

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
so i read it :].

while i would never support that pairing personally, your writing is stellar. you descriptions are so interestingly detailed and you capture emotion very well. good dialogue too.

i will definitely be reading chapter two when its up.

EDIT: its not that i'm opposed to the pairing, it's just one i never thought of.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Word Count; 1,449
Alright, here's chapter two. Its just a tad bit longer but not too bad! I hope you like it!

Chapter Two: Take these broken wings

He fingered the strings of his blue sitar rhythmically. He was immersed in the moment, in the song. It seemed that all else held no importance to him as the music continued to drown him. “Why she had to go I don’t know, she wouldn’t say. I said; ‘Something wrong’? Now I long for Yesterday…” He sang. In his mind he could vividly see the blonde hair, her smile, and her eyes burning with an intensity that always had him at a loss for words. “Suddenly, I’m not half the man I used to be. There’s a shadow hanging over me. Oh Yesterday came suddenly…” As much as he didn’t show it to the others in the Organization, he really did miss her. Things didn’t seem the same without her there, without her comfort nearby. The ease that he had always once found was during a hard day’s night with her and his sitar. “Oh. Why she had to go I don’t know, she wouldn’t say. I said ‘Something wrong’? Now I long for—

“For Yesterday.” He heard another voice sing in a soft and quiet voice. His hand ceased to play the sitar as silence washed over the entire hall. He placed his instrument against the wall and soon after he pulled himself up to his feet. He felt at a disadvantage since the only guidance he found was within the moonlight which was so very dainty and dim. The price I pay for playing at night, he thought to himself, releasing a drawn out sigh. He heard a shifting off to his left where the spiral staircase, leading to the open space below, was located. “Hello?” He called out nervously towards the intimidating darkness before him. “Is— Is anyone there?” There was no response. Squinting his green eyes, he tried to see past the ray of moonlight towards the darkness that lay behind it, encasing the area surrounding the staircase. Again, he heard the movement of someone or something as it echoed through out the place. “Show yourself!” He commanded, trying to sound intimidating.

Then, a pair of blue eyes that twinkled in the light appeared from over the railing. “Um. Hi Demyx.” The person called out rather sheepishly.

Who was it, and why were they here? He thought he was alone. He thought he wasn’t playing too loud. These thoughts plagued his mind as creases appeared upon his brow. Curiously and cautiously, he made his way towards the unknown. With every step he took, he could see more and more of the once unidentifiable figure. First it was her eyes, then it became her dark yet shiny hair, and soon it became her pale and apologetic face. “Xion?” He asked as he cocked his head towards the side.

“I’m sorry. I just heard someone cry help and then next thing you know I’m here!”

Demyx’s once nervous face, filled with tension, was replaced with a large grin that ran from one ear to the other. He opened his mouth to speak but words failed to leave, instead it was a laugh. “Help?” He queried past his laughter. “I wasn’t asking for help. I was just ‘jamming’ out.” With one final chuckle accompanied by a comical sigh, he crossed his arms. “I’m really sorry if it woke you up since I can see you're still dressed in your pajamas.”

“Don’t be sorry.” She quickly replied in her soft voice. Demyx eyed her peculiarly as she hesitated to find words to express her thoughts. “I—” She paused. She proceeded to scratch her head and take a deep breath. “I Liked it.” Her voice was so quiet that he almost couldn’t hear what she had said.

Still, regardless of volume, he had heard the words that escaped her mouth. He was shocked to be frank. No one had really complemented him ever since, well, since she left. His looked at her wide-eyed as he asked: “You what?”

Pursing her lips, she rose from her crouched position on the ground near the railing. “I said, I liked it.”

Demyx blinked a few times trying to absorb what she had said. Before long, a coy half smile found its way onto his tanned features. “Really?” He asked her in order verify that she was telling the truth since he couldn’t believe it. She nodded her head, her pink lips forming a smile. He began to consider playing some music for her. Placing a hand on the back of his head, he said: “Would you like to hear some more?” He watched as Xion came from behind the railing, walking towards him.

“Yeah, I’d like that.”

He smiled wide. “Awesome!” Enthused he went back to his position on the ground beside his sitar, which was still propped against the wall. As he took hold of his instrument, and also his weapon, Xion continued to stand, hovering over him quite awkwardly. “You can sit down too you know.” Xion’s face showed how hesitant she was just to take a seat beside him. “Oh I don’t bite.” He joked, gesturing towards the space in front of him. She complied and sat before him, her eyes peeled on his sitar. Demyx looked down at the strings and he began to play the scale.He looked up from time to time to see the wonderment in Xion’s delicate face. He wondered if this was the first time she had ever heard music (and Luxord’s drunken singing didn’t count).

He then decided it was now time to sing. He went through all the possible options in his mind. He could play Come Together or maybe even Hello, Goodbye but one song stuck out the most. Blackbird. It was simple and sweet, and to Demyx there was nothing wrong with that. First, he cleared his throat and hummed a bit of the tune to himself. Xion was clearly puzzled. “What?” He asked.

“Why did you just do that?”

“Do what?”

“That cough thing. Are you sick?” Her eyes held this curiosity that you would expect to find in a young child.

Demyx smiled. “No. It’s just something musicians do so that they don’t mess up when they sing.”

“Oh.” She said with some sort of realization. Although he understood that she didn’t completely comprehend the concept, she had some idea.

“Alright! Now keep in mind I don’t sound like Sir Paul but I’m pretty sure you don’t know who he is.” The dark-haired girl shook her head from side to side and shrugged her shoulders. “Right.” He chuckled lightly, and surprisingly he heard Xion giggle. After a brief silence, he began to play. His fingers plucked away causing each note to flow out. He could see how entranced Xion was, it was… It was something else, really. He couldn’t really describe the look on her face, but it pleased him to a certain degree to see that someone was actually appreciating what he did. Taking in a deep breath, he prepared himself for the vocals. He was, oddly enough, nervous. Why? Maybe it was because he was actually playing for someone after the longest time. Either way, he felt obliged to perform for her seeing how she was so new to the concept of song. Here it goes, he thought.

Blackbird, singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise…” He looked up to see her reaction. There she was, sitting erect and smiling. Upon seeing such sight, he almost forgot to sing the next lyric. He was just so glad to see that he was truly doing something right. At that moment in time, he wasn’t a screw up or a failure… He was triumphant. “Blackbird, singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see.”

“Demyx?” She asked abruptly, bringing the music to a standstill.

He looked up at her to see her pursing her lips. He placed a hand over the strings and kept his other hand at the base of the neck. “Yeah?” He answered. Her eyes fell upon the tiled floor as if they were searching for something. “Is something wrong?” He asked worried. “Did it sound bad?” He was growing self-conscious.

Her eyes quickly met his and she shook her head ‘no’. “Not at all! It’s just that I wanted to know if—”

“If I can what?” He quickly said. His mind raced. “If I can change the song, cause I can if that’s what you’d prefer.”

Xion giggled which didn’t help Demyx’ at all. “Can— can you teach me?”

~♫~

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
awwww, that's so cutey hehe.

how many chapters do you have planned or do you not know yet?

you definitely threw me off at first though with the change in point of view, but i thought that was great and creative. almost like reading posts in the RP.....geez i miss it.

A

Azrael

What are you talking about? The beginning posts in S1 were kind of shitty compared this.

A

Azrael

umm, excuse you sir. i was referring to Passion's constantly excellent posts.

she was always one of my favorites to read :D.

I was just talking about the posts in general. And gosh, I guess I know where we stand. s1angrypple lol

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
I'm glad you like the two together :)
I was unsure of how people would react to such an idea but I'm happy to see such positive responses :)

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Both chapter one and two were fun to read! I really like the idea you chose for this story.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Why thank you :) I'm glad to see such postive responses to such a whacked out pairing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back