• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS rated E10+?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Website
sites.google.com
I think that BBS is fine with an E10+ rating. That's the rating it should have received.

I wish it would've been T, but I'm talking about game content more that an image that rating would create.

The 14th Order

America is just stupid and retard s1worstbirthdayever

Whoa there Dexter boy, let's not jump to such outrageous assumptions. America has little to do with the choice as to what game gets what rating. That is left to the ESRB. Disney also has a strong influence as into what they want done in these games. They wanna make sure they don't look bad with their characters in a, what would be deemed inappropriate, game where there are events going on that fans of Disney may find troubling. Especially where Disney is being more and more kid influenced. Maybe in the times of old, where Lion King was one of Disney's famous movies, and not where such shows as iCarly or Hannah Montana reign supreme on the "Disney Channel," That Disney would let a little more slip by. Where cartoon violence was strong and popular, and morals were learned through dark stories and subliminal messaging... Ahh, makes me nostalgia
s1ruckysta

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Whoa there Dexter boy, let's not jump to such outrageous assumptions. America has little to do with the choice as to what game gets what rating. That is left to the ESRB. Disney also has a strong influence as into what they want done in these games. They wanna make sure they don't look bad with their characters in a, what would be deemed inappropriate, game where there are events going on that fans of Disney may find troubling. Especially where Disney is being more and more kid influenced. Maybe in the times of old, where Lion King was one of Disney's famous movies, and not where such shows as iCarly or Hannah Montana reign supreme on the "Disney Channel," That Disney would let a little more slip by. Where cartoon violence was strong and popular, and morals were learned through dark stories and subliminal messaging... Ahh, makes me nostalgia
s1ruckysta

ICarly isn't Disney. It's Nickalodian. My friend loves it

SouloftheSky

lucky. Plus our money is worth a bit less than yours so thats either why they're $70 or we are paying more
In L.A. (Latin America) we get the American games and we pay like 1 1/4 of the original price (i.e. CoDMW2 US:$60 LA:$75). We still get the whole game though and we do sometimes get discounts but the max a psp game can get here is $55-60. I got my KH (1 and Re:Com) at $35 when original price was $55 =). I got my brand new copy of KH2 in May'06, ruined it =(. Got another copy in Dec'08, still have it, bought at $35 by the way =).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Do you live in America?

*sigh* Maybe I should order it from America. Would be cheaper and come over quicker

O

Oberon

Disney would shit bricks if this franchise was T. I think that's because it's the one game franchise they are a part of (or at least partially own idea rights to) that doesn't completely suck; however, I suppose that's debatable.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
America is gay, E10+ why can't they make it T so Square doesn't have to censor minimal insignificant things like this. America is so worried about violence why don't they change the educational system so teachers actually teach good and students learn like the chinese kids.
I agree with most of the statements except the "gay" part. As a straight guy who thinks critically, I hate that specific use of the word. With the increase in homos, no doubt you'll end up seriously offending someone.

Of course in America, you can say "marble" and still seriously offend someone.s1britishguy

and I found the pics. they're on a dfferent page than i thought.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Some of the games you posted had those ratings because it was before E10+ and At Worlds End had a real heart and stabbing through chests

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Personally, I find America's rating system kinda weird. It might be because in Canada, nudity takes precedence over violence and strong language, so most movies in America that are rated R get rated 14A here.

I kinda wish it was the same for games, but peoples' parents are really starting to get into the whole "violence in video games corrupting our children" kind of hysteria. Naturally, Disney wants to stay the Hell away from that s**tstorm.
In America, nudity takes so much precedence, it changes the entire rating just to have a tiny amount of it. Even in non-sex scenes in movies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Some of the games you posted had those ratings because it was before E10+ and At Worlds End had a real heart and stabbing through chests
Yes, but it proves that Disney didn't shy away from the rating.

plus, AWE had enemies that jump out of the wall.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
because there was no E10+ rating. It was a jump like from E to Teen. They would have been E10+ if the rating had been around.

And don't double post. Edit your posts instead

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
s1ruckysta

Sorry to multi-post, but I disagree off the bat. A game's rating in any country is based off what's accepted in that culture. That, and how big the distributor's pocketbook is (here in america). Disney created a perfect "eat off the floor" image for themselves, and that's where a lot of criticism comes from. Now ppl are just waiting in the shadows the minute Disney does something remotely "mature" so they can get their agendas pushed. In addition, american PARENTS are needlessly obsessed and shocked about EVERYTHING. They blind themselves to Song of the South, and as I previously said, the slightest non-sexual butcrack seen bumps a rating up. dont even get me started on the mpaa. Some kooks even try to get Harry Potter banned for encouraging unruliness and dishonesty. Let's not forget the cold civil war that is politics. It's a fucking circus, and no one does anything about it. [/rant]

because there was no E10+ rating. It was a jump like from E to Teen. They would have been E10+ if the rating had been around.

And don't double post. Edit your posts instead

Yeah, but Disney still had an image they wanted to keep up, and that was marketing to kids/the parents that control what products their kids can get. They created that image when "the entire family" became less important.

And I get ya on the double-post. Im like Soul that way.

EDIT: and even after the E10+ rating, the Narnia games got all T'd up. They dont suck, but they're not great like KH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back