• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A NEW SECRET BOSS?!?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Why does it have to be someone special? It makes more sense just putting in a new unversed boss (a la Kurt Zisa) or something ..

Or, and here's a better idea, a character from the next KH or a FF character.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
SE-PHI-ROTH dun dun dun dunnn

Maybe. But I think it will be a mystery character from the next game, too. In FM it was Xemnas (I think?) and in FM+ it was Terra, so it would make sense that the extra boss in this game connected to one of the games that are on the way...

State

Awards
Secret boss could be younger MX, as seen in about two scenes.

Lonbilly

Awards
Just saying an unversed boss is a more logical choice.

If anything a KH character or a FF character is actually a more logical choice. How many times has SE given us extra bosses that aren't a Heartless/Nobody thing?
KH1 - Ice Titan, Spehiroth, Chernabog, etc.
KH1 FM - Mansex
KH2 FM - Lingering Sentiment, Extra Org. Fights, Roxas
Birth By Sleep - Vanitas Sentiment

A actual character would be more logical, if that's what we want to talk about.

Secret boss could be younger MX, as seen in about two scenes.

He'd be beast. He'd probably end up being worse to beat than the current secret boss we have.

Narveid

To use the old games as source. First the japanese game comes out, then an american version comes out with new bosses who has NOTHING to do with the storyline, Kurt Zisa, Sephiroth, the ghost in Neverland etc, then Final Mix comes out in Japan with new plot elements etc. I doubt they will change this trend.

Lonbilly

Awards
then an american version comes out with new bosses who has NOTHING to do with the storyline, Kurt Zisa, Sephiroth, the ghost in Neverland etc

Except Chernabog actually was a part of the storyline. He's even shown to be cannon when Sora's regaining his memories in KH2, same as Mansex (but he was in FM).

And also, that "trend" was once. KH2 never got anything extra for the NA version.

Lonbilly

Awards
Hopefully there's some fanservice during the fight and he has a mode where he goes shirtless/revealing like Ansem SoD

s1butz

Narveid

Except Chernabog actually was a part of the storyline. He's even shown to be cannon when Sora's regaining his memories in KH2, same as Mansex (but he was in FM).

And also, that "trend" was once. KH2 never got anything extra for the NA version.

Actually, you are right, my bad..

I'd still like an unversed boss a la Kurt Zisa <.<

Drake_Draco

Hmmm...it would be interesting to fight Sora. But all the other secret bosses have fit in to the game's canon. How would Sora be considered a canon boss? (If it's a future Sora, like an adult Sora who traveled back in time, I'm gonna scream. The last thing this series needs is a time travel element for the plot. It has enough confusion as it is now).
Well, confusing as it would be, Sora did fight the LS... what BBS has the LS fight him back...? Course he'd have to lose, so it makes no sense...
Course, this would mean an extra boss fought immediately after the 'secret ending', so we may never know.
I dunno what to think... if we're still on the time travel thing, I'd have to say Young Xehanort on Destiny Islands. I think it would be refreshing to have a secret boss on DI...
Maybe... Xehanort's nobody? Yah, I know, its Xemnas, but Xemnas was the body created when Terranort became a Heartless. Xehanort gave up *his* body to possess Terra, where did it go? After all the things that would promote Xehanort to Magnificent Bastard-om, I wouldn't brush him off for not having 'a strong will'!

State

Awards
(shirtless ansem sod is starting to become a meme now xD)
i never knew chernabog wasn't in the original japanese version?!

Lonbilly

Awards
Well, confusing as it would be, Sora did fight the LS... what BBS has the LS fight him back...? Course he'd have to lose, so it makes no sense...

See: Riku fight in Days

Also, LS didn't lose in that fight. Right after he just went back to kneeling as if he felt nothing, so >.>

Personally I'm more for the Young MX boss battle.

(shirtless ansem sod is starting to become a meme now xD)

And a good one, too. =D

i never knew chernabog wasn't in the original japanese version?!

Yeah, he wasn't in the original. He was tossed into the NA version, along with Ice Titan, Kurt Zisa, Spehiroth, and Phantom. None of them were in the original Japanese version.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I'm gonna go with a theory someone else suggested: the new secret boss will also be the antagonist of the mystery game. And since the mystery game may very well revolve around Xehanort, it would be interesting to fight an old opponent of Xehanort.

Part of the reason I think this will happen is because each main game has a secret boss that previews an upcoming title (in KH1FM it was Xemnas; in KH2FM it was Lingering Sentiment)

Awards

Chernabog was a part of the storyline, cuz he was in all the versions. He wasn't an NA extra boss. The only thing extra was his battle music was changed to "Night on Bald Mountain" for the NA release.

Extra Boss basically equals Secret Boss. It's not like they're going to throw it into the middle of the game...

No, I know that. He was saying that the press release just said there would be a secret boss, and he said it's probably just Vanitas Sentiment. And I told him what it actually said: that the NA release will feature an extra boss. I know it basically means secret boss.

Awards
Didn't the article say there was a new world too? If not, where the heck did I read that?

No, it didn't say that. It just said the NA release will have Crown Stickers, an extra boss, and new multiplayer options. You could be thinking of way back a long time ago when there were rumors that there would be a new world in KH2FM.

Marx15

&#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937;
I'm gonna go with a theory someone else suggested: the new secret boss will also be the antagonist of the mystery game. And since the mystery game may very well revolve around Xehanort, it would be interesting to fight an old opponent of Xehanort.

Part of the reason I think this will happen is because each main game has a secret boss that previews an upcoming title (in KH1FM it was Xemnas; in KH2FM it was Lingering Sentiment)

Well, Nomura stated that he wanted games revolving around the story of Xehanort, Roxas' days in the Organization, and I believe a backstory on Riku during the first game (correct me if im wrong).

BBS was the story of Xehanort.
Days was Roxas' story
Coded was supposed to show some backstory of Riku...(I dont know if that's actually true)

Nomura has already got Xehanort's story, so they don't need to create another game about Xehanort.

SIDE NOTE: And hasn't it been stated that the new "mystery" game is supposed to have an entirely new character as the protagonist...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back