• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Maleficient have been in KHII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

magic713

Awards
The title says it all.. Now that you've played KHII, if you had a chance to choose whether or not Maleficient should be in KHII, would you allow it.

In my opinion, Maleficient is my favorite Disney villian. She was great in the first Kingdom Hearts. However, I don't like her in KHII. I thought her demise in the first Kingdom Hearts was fitting for her. After they returned her to KHII, the character started to become less and less believable to me. Especially partnered up with Pete. Once she helped rescue Sora at Radient Garden, that's where I thought 'OK, I don't even believe this is Maleficient anymore'.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
No. If they had made her a boss battle in KH2, MAYBE. But she didn't really serve a purpose. :/ She was just....THERE.
Not to mention they turned her into a total pussy.

kaialone

She shouldnt have benn in KH2.i liked her scenes with Pete,but here how it should have been:

-Sora and Co. tlling Pete they defeated Maleficent (should stay as in the game)
-Instead of Maleficent returning,Diablo maybe should just fly over and the tree fairy should remember Maleficnet,but she DOES NOT come back-

-Everything that Maleficent did in KH2 can be done by Pete,who wants avenge Maleficent (abou the Oogie Boogie gets revived stuff...ever played the "revenge of oogie boogie" video game?)

-During the war of 1000 heartless Pete flees(He strangely appears to have more common sense than Maleficent <.<) And the org takes control of the heartless.

-Pete doesnt appear at TWTNW since he isnt that dumb

Mallorytheace

I was glad she was back cause I like her as a key Disney villain,but they never really used her much.She was just around.I guess it was okay she was there,but it was disappointing she never really did much of anything

NumberVIII

She shouldnt have benn in KH2.i liked her scenes with Pete,but here how it should have been:

-Sora and Co. tlling Pete they defeated Maleficent (should stay as in the game)
-Instead of Maleficent returning,Diablo maybe should just fly over and the tree fairy should remember Maleficnet,but she DOES NOT come back-

-Everything that Maleficent did in KH2 can be done by Pete,who wants avenge Maleficent (abou the Oogie Boogie gets revived stuff...ever played the "revenge of oogie boogie" video game?)

-During the war of 1000 heartless Pete flees(He strangely appears to have more common sense than Maleficent <.<) And the org takes control of the heartless.

-Pete doesnt appear at TWTNW since he isnt that dumb

That sounds better TBH. And omg YES I did play the revenge of oogie boogie video game! :3 My friend and I used to play that every single time I went over her house. It was so fun xD

kaialone

That sounds better TBH. And omg YES I did play the revenge of oogie boogie video game! :3 My friend and I used to play that every single time I went over her house. It was so fun xD
Even though i consider the game non-canon ,i think its a fun game and the way oogie returns in it could´ve been used for a return of oogie in KH2 if Maleficent stayed dead as she should have.The only reasons i like Maleficent in KH2 are her scenes with Pete,cuz they make me smile XD

Allister Rose

French Lover
i always foget how they brought her back, but i was a bit upset on how her character was much lower than how she was in kh1.

she wasn't so evil in kh2.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I thought she had a fitting death in KH1 and then when she came back in KH2 she didn`t seem like the same exact villain kind of. She was helping Sora and that just kind of was weird. If she does come back in KH3 (I`m almost positive she will since she took over TWTNW and she had told Sora "I`ll get my revenge on you yet") then I want her to be like she was in KH1 and not KH2.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Maleficent is like Days; fan service. Being in KH II really didn't do her any favours since her presence was completely destroyed after she helped Sora by fending off the Heartless or something. Really, guys? In KH II, she just looks like a right idiot who you can't take seriously anymore as opposed to the evil, domineering woman I grew up with who scared the lights out of me as a child. Some things need to be left untouched.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Well when I first played KH2 I thought she would have a big role but she really is not that important.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Maleficent is like Days; fan service. Being in KH II really didn't do her any favours since her presence was completely destroyed after she helped Sora by fending off the Heartless or something. Really, guys? In KH II, she just looks like a right idiot who you can't take seriously anymore as opposed to the evil, domineering woman I grew up with who scared the lights out of me as a child. Some things need to be left untouched.

^ Agreed.

Her end in KH1 was fitting for her. She goes on about getting revenge which kind of makes you think another boss fight with her would come up (maybe one harder than before, psh), but it never does. Then her helping her enemy was the end. She was pretty much a joke.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Well, sure, if they did a better job with her. You could totally tell it was shoved in last minute. Almost all of KHII should've been rearranged and changed slightly.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I pretty much agree with what Raz said. I can't give exact quotes and sources but I've read in quite a few places that a lot of things were written last minute and rearranged. Nomura even admits that KH II was a bit of a mess, so, you know, here's hoping to him fixing its mistakes/plot holes in the future.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
She was a complete failure as a villain in KH II, she was completely outshined by the Organisation really. There wasn't much point to her being there, and it really let her character down. I would hope that she won't appear in KH III, but I know she will.

rhyth

She was never meant to be in it. She was only back by popular demands. So she was basically fan service.

sono, she shouldn't have been. It would have been cleaner if Maleficent wasn't there in KH2

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I honestly think she would have been wicked again if she raged war against the Org. instead of getting tackled by Dusks, saving Sora, etc. And also if she actually had been trying to kill Sora and his friends, etc. The Disney Villains in KH2 were just so poor compared to KH1.

inverse K-blade7

Maleficent is like Days; fan service. .

Hey! Don't insult days like that! I loved that game!
OT: Maleficent was useless in KH2 It would have been better if Pete reunited the others and actually helped each other fight in the others' worlds, and if Pete wasn't a joke.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
She was a complete failure as a villain in KH II, she was completely outshined by the Organisation really. There wasn't much point to her being there, and it really let her character down. I would hope that she won't appear in KH III, but I know she will.

There really wasn't much point in anything apart from O13 in KH II. Disney & FF were backdrops.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
i find it stupid. we didnt need her at all. she didnt do much and we dont even fight her =.=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back