• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

who will star in the next game has been down to 2 characters for a while

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnorwood

From the kingdom hearts 2 fm+, Another report

About the World of Darkness and such, you haven't gone into detail. Could you possibly talk about some of these things? Does the beach at the beginning and end of KH [II] have some connection to the World of Darkness?
TN:Presently there are 4 main untold stories to consider: "the period of the King's absence", "the period of Riku's absence", "Roxas' time in Organization XIII" and "Xehanort's past". In this case, the story of "the period of the King's absence" is set in the realm of darkness. I am examining a way to tell these 4 stories so I might be able to find a way to tell them soon. What can be called the dark coastline seen at the beginning and end of KHII is the tip of a world. It is not strictly part of the realm of darkness but rather what serves as the boundary line in between the dark and the in-between. In the ending, Sora and Riku were on the coast on the in-between side and were looking at the sea of the realm of darkness. The door visible in the dark sea is a scene that symbolizes "Deep within the darkness, there is light", as Sora said in the previous KH.

Roxas' time in org 13 was done in days, and xehanorts past was done in birth by sleep, according to this interview we have two stories that havent been told, which are Mickeys absence when he was getting his inverse kingdom key, and Rikus absence which i think was in kingdom hearts 1 also, so no young xehanort game or some other stuff, it has been practically confirmed what the next few games were gonna be for a while

from the kingdom hearts final mix 2+ famitsu interview

So, let's talk about this new story, which doesn't have Sora as the main character. What sort of story will it be?

TN: Well, I need to start with the story depicted in a Birth by Sleep. Aside from that, there's the story of how the King found his keyblade in the world of darkness and other things like that. Myself, one of the things I most want to do is to give Roxas more of a role to play. I think it would be interesting to flesh out more of the year he spent between his birth and disappearance. Or making Riku the main character, and writing about his desperate fight while Sora was asleep, and things like that. You get the impression that Riku summoned Roxas to a place of shadows, and that Riku is a master of shadows, so I would like to give him more exploration in the game.

Last edited:

Key to Truth

Awards
From the kingdom hearts 2 fm+, Another report

About the World of Darkness and such, you haven't gone into detail. Could you possibly talk about some of these things? Does the beach at the beginning and end of KH [II] have some connection to the World of Darkness?
TN:Presently there are 4 main untold stories to consider: "the period of the King's absence", "the period of Riku's absence", "Roxas' time in Organization XIII" and "Xehanort's past". In this case, the story of "the period of the King's absence" is set in the realm of darkness. I am examining a way to tell these 4 stories so I might be able to find a way to tell them soon. What can be called the dark coastline seen at the beginning and end of KHII is the tip of a world. It is not strictly part of the realm of darkness but rather what serves as the boundary line in between the dark and the in-between. In the ending, Sora and Riku were on the coast on the in-between side and were looking at the sea of the realm of darkness. The door visible in the dark sea is a scene that symbolizes "Deep within the darkness, there is light", as Sora said in the previous KH.

Roxas' time in org 13 was done in days, and xehanorts past was done in birth by sleep, according to this interview we have two stories that havent been told, which are Mickeys absence when he was getting his inverse kingdom key, and Rikus absence which i think was in kingdom hearts 1 also, so no young xehanort game or some other stuff, it has been practically confirmed what the next few games were gonna be for a while

Just so you know, all that has been told on Coded.shamisen

Radon

mofo
Yes but it wasn't when he was in the Dark Realm around and before KH1.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I reckon Nomura changed his mind and decided to make a game about Mickey AFTER KH2 instead, and that's where Coded comes from, maybe?

Radon

mofo
Probably, and TBH Mickeys time in the dark realm doesn't hold much interest for me. There's not alot to learn from there really?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No. What worlds can he go to?? UNLESS somehow there are like, a whole bunch of dark disney worlds in the realm of darkness. But I can't imagine which ones would, if Nightmare Before Christmas didn't...!!

Radon

mofo
That is another reason I don't believe we will have a dark realm Mickey game or dark realm game at all!!

bluefroggygirl

What time period is Riku's absence exactly?
I thought all the Riku's absence confusion was sorted out through Days *o*?

Jfighter

The only thing left, as far as I can tell, is Mickey's Absence. The only thing of interest would be where he found the Darkside Keyblade. But, it would also teach us what little is left unsaid about the Heartless and Darkness. That game will be a challenge for SE to make interesting.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
A game featuring either of them could be good. But preferably, I'd prefer one centering around Xehanort or a new character with ties to the existing one. I just hope they won't use him as a way to continue KH past KH3.

naruto5

i dont think it will be riku or mickey maybe we'll discover where xhanort is(aperrntice) i mean sora defeted his nobody and heartless wht else is there? maybe thats wht the nxt game is all about finding where xhanort really is in my opinion hes in kingdom hearts as the king itself

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
It better be fucking mickey. Nomura promised us a game about Mickey's time in the ROD and I for one want it.

Eternal_Sleep

mhm i think coded was meant to flesh out those stories but they never got around to it. the only things we learn is that mickey was in traverse town the same day sora arrived and that he probably went to the RoD by using one of its dark corridor. in an interview i think i remember them saying that world was near the boundary but i will need to find said interview first.

then there's riku. well, there is still the secret video that's in coded that we don't know exactly what happens (though apparently its something to do with the clock tower in neverland)

perhaps he realized there wouldn't be enough content to make a game about either? like we have only been to worlds near the boundary of the dark realm unless you count the dark meridian(which apparently is only the very tip of the RoD) and the very end of KH when you seal the door to darkness. (And even then sora never crosses the door...) my point being that i don't think any disney worlds would be able to be put in that realm unless mickey passes through both realms.... but i don't know if that would be the case. for riku he may have done some interesting things and saw some interesting things but i don't know if its worth making a game out of. unless maybe it explains his absences during both kh 1 and 2 (we already know what he does in between)

of course all of that said maybe both of them encounter stuff that we couldn't even guess which could be earth shattering lol. he wanted to tell those stories for a reason...

time will tell...

EDIT also judging from the most recent interview i think he still wants to explain what happens between the end of BBS and before the beginning of KH1. but who would the main character for that game be? my first thought was aqua but she's trapped in the RoD and i don't think she interacts very with anyone between those two games...

Last edited:

MeggieKeyblader

That is another reason I don't believe we will have a dark realm Mickey game or dark realm game at all!!

Same... like, what's gonna be solved by having a game like that? All there is is darkness and Heartless in the Dark Realm... we wouldn't learn anything or resolve any plot points.

It better be fucking mickey. Nomura promised us a game about Mickey's time in the ROD and I for one want it.

When did he promise us this?

Eternal_Sleep

Same... like, what's gonna be solved by having a game like that? All there is is darkness and Heartless in the Dark Realm... we wouldn't learn anything or resolve any plot points.

When did he promise us this?

he didn't, but before BBS coded and Days were announced in an interview(thats quoted at the beginning i think) when asked about the next game in the series he said there was four stories he wanted to tell. the stuff that happens before KH(aka BBS) roxas's time in the organization(Days) and then the stories of mickey's journey in the dark realm and the story of riku's absence during KH (???)

some people say they already attempted this with coded but for anyone who has played it(or read summaries lol) they don't actually tell very much about these stories

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
As much as I'd want it to be a Riku game, Xehanort's past wasn't exactly fully covered in BBS. There's still some things left out, which may or may not be explained in the inevitable BBS FM (if it happens), but I wouldn't be surprised if Nomura retcons his statement about not going further back than BBS and even has hints at it in BBS FM's secret ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back