• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EDIT: DAYS GOT ALL OF THE AWARDS EXPECTED! BEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Spoiler

Re: 358/2 Days didnt get the awards expected :(

αsiя;4853159 said:
You obviously didnt play Spirit Tracks
I beat it 100%, the first day it came out. I liked Days better

A

Azrael

Here is a list with all the nominees for the awards, might help a little: Nintendo Addict - Nintendo Power Awards 2009

Well, i would have been sad, if it HAD won more.

Best graphics was predictable and I can't deny that the graphics where gorgeous.
But best music for a bunch of recycled tracks and a handful new ones and not really good voice acting (the actors can do better, I know it!)

Best music belongs to Assassin's Creed II but that's too unfair to compare two different series.

NumberVIII

αsiя;4853642 said:
SP was way better than PH
SP might be a stunker to the LoZ series (but it isnt) but its still a GOD compared to Days

SP? Don't you mean ST? ><

Phantom Hourglass was significantly better than Spirit Tracks. Gimme Linebeck and Ciela over whiny bratty ghost-Zelda any day. Seriously, I was excited about having Zelda as a sidekick finally for once, but then she turned out to be characterized very obnoxiously. I mean, Ciela was like that too to an extent (though she was a lot nicer), but at least then you had Linebeck as a foil. The train was far more bothersome than the boat in PH because you had to follow specified tracks that sometimes took you in a windy roundabout route rather than being able to draw a straight path to your destination, and those bomber trains were a PAIN in the ASS. The Spirit Tower was just as obnoxious as the Temple of the Ocean King except for the fact that you didn't have to repeat floors--that was a plus. But the last time you go there is VERY obnoxious. PH introduced the Anouki, and I love them and I'm glad they returned in ST, but then ST didn't introduce anything new in that respect--unless you count the Lokomos, who were just...weird. Chasing down Beedle was annoying, and he had nothing to sell. I liked PH's temples better, and it had more. Linebeck is amazing, and their cheap cameo Linebeck III didn't cut it. There are other things, but this is the wrong place to have a PH/ST debate.

As you can tell, I was very disappointed with ST. And I loved Days. So, IMO, Days was a LOT better.

A

Azrael

Heres the thing about Days...

The Story was a good story but it was not a good story to be inserted into the series. As it's own game, Great, as a KH Game, Bad.

But... CODED SPOLIERS
Xion is somehow one of the people needed of saving along with TVA, Roxas, Namine & Axel. So she might get a reason to exist beyond and possibly before Days. So,

With future games our opinion on the Game might change.

It's no surprise it got Best Graphics for DS. Full 3D Worlds and Characters with the best Cutscene Graphics ever seen on DS, though there was few of them, but we can blame that on the memory those little Cards hold.

Finish Strong?
I guess it means that, no matter how boring it got through the first 300 Days, you, for no good reason, kept playing it.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Days, it's just had a bad impact on KH as a whole.
It had a story? Last thing I remembered that it was Nomura making every fangirl giggle in having a fan-fic being centered around the stereotypical Japanese looking girl.

Buying lots of DS games last year, I can say that Days is the least interesting of them.

izzy123

Days was....Ok but ds just fails therefore it shouldn't get an award

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I really wish Days had won more awards.

R0x@$

Ok, Days was not boring, and it actually got into the story sometime in the 100 days. It just got in the story more in the 300 days. AND CODED WAS WORSE(and COM somewhat). At least Days was perfect on the DS. I mean, could you really imagine it on something like the PS2?

Xammag

Ok, Days was not boring, and it actually got into the story sometime in the 100 days. It just got in the story more in the 300 days. AND CODED WAS WORSE(and COM somewhat). At least Days was perfect on the DS. I mean, could you really imagine it on something like the PS2?

CoM was NOT worse than Days, by any aspect.

R0x@$

Ok fine I take back what I said about COM, but could you really see days on something else like the PS2? It should have been nominated and won "Best Platformer" Unless there was another game out there that couldn't be seen on another system.

S

Shadow Soldier

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story was A LOT better.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

Ok, Days was not boring, and it actually got into the story sometime in the 100 days. It just got in the story more in the 300 days. AND CODED WAS WORSE(and COM somewhat).
I bet you haven't even played Coded :/
At least Days was perfect on the DS. I mean, could you really imagine it on something like the PS2?
What would be the difference? They would have the same basic storyline and gameplay. Re:CoM wasn't that different from the original when it got ported to the PS2.

R0x@$

I bet you haven't even played Coded :/

I know what happens, and the thing with pete and maleficent is just plain DUMB(in my opinion).

What would be the difference? They would have the same basic storyline and gameplay. Re:CoM wasn't that different from the original when it got ported to the PS2.

I mean with the panels. They would probably have to add a magic bar and cut the panels out if they ported days to the PS2.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

I mean with the panels. They would probably have to add a magic bar and cut the panels out if they ported days to the PS2.
If they pulled it off with Re:CoM, they can do it with Days. Just because it's on a different game system doesn't mean they have to completely revamp the gameplay.

Sora^Fan

I know what happens, and the thing with pete and maleficent is just plain DUMB(in my opinion).

I can't say anything about Coded because I haven't played it.

As for the other thing, not really. I'm sure that SE would find a way to make it work..iand quite frankly, I think that Days (excluding the Multiplayer part) would have been better on the PS2...I mean, I can remember one time in the game were you actually needed to use the stylus/touch screen.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Days was boring, look the Xion stuff was the best part but the rest was so bland. Where was the excitment? Where was the plot twist? Where was the Disney? If Days was a FF game then yeah it would have been fine, but it missed the key qualities of a KH game I think.

Allister Rose

French Lover

i tihnk they could've had more story with olympus colleseum and possibly added some more kh2 worlds

huanglulu

I agree with you that days need more world from KH2. i also found the story plot pretty interesting too the begining shows how Xion Roxas and Axel get to be friends and how their relationship developed throughout and how complication arises in their relationship due to cirmustances in the org

Last edited:

R0x@$

Days was boring, look the Xion stuff was the best part but the rest was so bland. Where was the excitment? Where was the plot twist? Where was the Disney? If Days was a FF game then yeah it would have been fine, but it missed the key qualities of a KH game I think.

Once again, days wasn't THAT boring and it had a plot twist. facepalm

It would explain some stuff in kh2 like how Agrabah got rebuilt.

EDIT: Sorry for all this guys its just days is just about my only game for ds and my ds about my only game system(though i have a ps2)

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Once again, days wasn't THAT boring and it had a plot twist. facepalm

It would explain some stuff in kh2 like how Agrabah got rebuilt.

EDIT: Sorry for all this guys its just days is just about my only game for ds and my ds about my only game system(though i have a ps2)

And where would we be today if we never found out how a minor world was rebuilt. Because we all know Agrabah was so important to the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back