• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch5 Pt3 Up}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andillexe

Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]

Well, I really don't cry that easily (I am really good at holding my emotions), but, seeing as Zexion is my favorite Org. member, I might cry at his death. Oh, and no pressure on getting the next chapter up, I can wait. Now, as for what I liked, disliked, and what needs improvements, I really like that Zexion more of a main character and not just a day player (he is my favorite member of the Org.). As for dislikes, I didn't like that it was as long as it was. I mean, I know you said that you were making up for the time between updates, but, when something is that long, I personally have a tendency to become bored and lose interest. Now, as for improvements, I really didn't see anything wrong with the story itself, just a few minor grammatical mistakes, so just watch out for that. All in all, it was a really good start to the story, and I look forward to more.

Before I started writing this story, I didn't really have any favorite Organization members. But Zexion has definitely become my favorite. The only person he's second to in the game is Riku.

As for the length, I was thinking about maybe only putting up a few sections at a time. Would that work out better? Because all of my chapters so far are about this length.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards

I think I've read this story before, but I'm not complately sure...
Anyways, from the beginning of the story, it seems very interesting.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t

Before I started writing this story, I didn't really have any favorite Organization members. But Zexion has definitely become my favorite. The only person he's second to in the game is Riku.

As for the length, I was thinking about maybe only putting up a few sections at a time. Would that work out better? Because all of my chapters so far are about this length.

Yeah, Zexion and Riku are definitely my favorites, and Saix is right up there with them as well. As for the length, it might be better to post it in shorter sections. Like I said before, I have a tendency to get bored and lose some interest in reading if it is too, too long. I'm not saying your stories aren't interesting (I really love your stories), but I just think making the chapters shorter might be better. But, even with all this being said, your still the author, and its your story, so I'll support whatever you do, even if I don't like it.

Andillexe

Yeah, Zexion and Riku are definitely my favorites, and Saix is right up there with them as well. As for the length, it might be better to post it in shorter sections. Like I said before, I have a tendency to get bored and lose some interest in reading if it is too, too long. I'm not saying your stories aren't interesting (I really love your stories), but I just think making the chapters shorter might be better. But, even with all this being said, your still the author, and its your story, so I'll support whatever you do, even if I don't like it.

I understand what you mean. Whenever I see a really long story, I tend to just not read it at all. But for some reason I just can't do short chapters. It just doesn't feel complete to me.

Though I will start posting a few sections at a time from now on. Mainly because most of the sections aren't long at all.

HeartOfTheHero

loved it! can't wait for more!
there wasn't really much that i didn't like, just a few grammar things here and there, but nothing too bad.
great job :)

Andillexe

I'm going to try posting in sections and see how that goes. Same as before: what you liked, didn't like, the random tiny grammar mistakes that I can never seem to get even when I try to go through and edit them, the whole tamale.

Chapter 2: Is this… love?
Part 1
So don’t worry, we’re in no hurry to return.
Well I know it’s cold out there, but at least it snows.
Going north for the winter, throw on some warmer clothes.
My toes are freezing, but there’s a deeper meaning
In this windy city that can pick us up and carry us away.
~“North for the Winter,” Everlight

The next morning I woke up to the constant storm that never seemed to stop above the castle.

“Because that’s great motivation to get up,” I said groggily as I swung my legs over the side of the bed. I went to the bathroom and looked at my bed hair in the mirror, wondering whether or not it would be a bad idea to just go back to bed. Then I pictured what Saïx’s reaction would be if he caught me and immediately started brushing my teeth.

♥ ♥ ♥

“Morning, sleepy head,” Roxas greeted all too cheerily when I saw him in the lounge.

“Meh,” I grumbled. I rubbed my eyes in a feeble attempt to wake myself up as I headed over to the couch. Roxas sat down next to me, making no effort to hide his amusement.

“Xion, Roxas,” came a stern voice from directly behind us. We both looked up to see Saïx lurking over us. When did he get there? I didn’t even hear him coming, I thought to myself. “It’s time for you two to go on your first mission together.” His lip twitched upward, surprising me with the fact that he was actually capable of something like a smile.

“Already? It’s a bit early, don’t you think?” Roxas asked as I stifled a yawn.

“It’s never too early to do something productive,” Saïx told us before walking away.

“I guess we should get going before he bites our heads off.” Roxas and I went over to where the portal was waiting to take us away and stepped through.

“So what’s the objective?” I asked, trying to get my head in “mission mode.”

“We’re supposed to defeat the Darkside.” I scanned the area we had been dumped out at: a marketplace with sand covering pretty much everything. Zexion had explained what most of the Heartless I’d be facing were, so I really wasn’t looking forward to fighting the Darkside. Small fry I could definitely handle with my magic, but the big fish were a whole other story. Hopefully Roxas was a better fighter than I was.

We headed deeper into the marketplace, easily dealing with the Heartless that got in our way. Ever since I met him, I had been curious to see what Roxas’ ability was, but he was just using magic like I was. My curiosity kept bugging me as we fought more and more Heartless. After what seemed like forever, we finally we reached a huge gate blocking our path.

“Where’s the Darkside?” I asked, looking around the little courtyard that was a dead-end.

“I don’t know. Maybe we missed it?” Even as the words came out, I could tell that Roxas didn’t believe that was the case. He walked up to the ginormous gate and started pounding on it, pushing and pulling, trying to get it open. “Locked,” he finally said.

“Maybe we did miss it,” I muttered under my breath. I was just about to suggest we go back when I suddenly got dark. “Night already?” I asked out loud, looking at the still blue sky above the gate.

“Xion!” Roxas exclaimed, whipping out a Keyblade. I instinctively summoned mine and jumped beside him.

“You have a Keyblade?” Roxas and I asked each other at the same time.

“Good news is we found the Darkside,” he said, getting ready to fight as he stared at the hulking black Heartless with a heart-shaped hole in its chest.

“Question is: can we defeat it?” I added, getting into my own battle stance.

“Guess we’re going to find out.” He leaped at the Heartless and hit the Darkside’s hand. I jumped to the other side, landing on its arm. I started running up toward its head when it suddenly flung me off. I landed on a nearby booth, crushing whatever was stored there. I saw Roxas look over and toss a potion at me.

“Thanks!” I said as I popped off the cap and downed the potion. I quickly got up and rushed back into the fight. I started hacking away at the Darkside’s hand when I saw Roxas being scooped up by it, dropping his Keyblade.

“Roxas!” I shouted. I jumped onto the hand and started running up, praying that it would be too tired to throw me off again. As soon as I reached its shoulder I leaped up and whacked it as hard as I could on the side of the head. Its hold on Roxas loosened, and Roxas got away, picking up his Keyblade. I jumped off the Darkside and ran to stand next to him.

“Thundaga!” Roxas yelled. The thunderbolt hit it squarely on its head, and the Darkside vanished, setting the heart it held captive free. I quickly collected the heart and walked back over to Roxas.

“So you’re a Keyblade wielder too, huh?” he asked, eyeing Kingdom Key in my hand. “Guess you really are special.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I said, playfully shoving him to hide the fact that I was blushing.

“Let’s go home,” he told me, opening a portal.

Yeah, I thought, a picture of Zexion popping into my head. Home.

-------------------------
Bleh. It seems like it cuts off in a weird place. What do you guys think?

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards

Aw, that was a really good chapter. I am really glad to see Xion and Roxas working together; when I play 358/2, I always like to redo the Xion/Roxas missions. Also, I am really glad that you are posting it in sections; it is easier to read that way, at least to me. As far as problems, I really didn't see anything wrong. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Andillexe

Aw, that was a really good chapter. I am really glad to see Xion and Roxas working together; when I play 358/2, I always like to redo the Xion/Roxas missions. Also, I am really glad that you are posting it in sections; it is easier to read that way, at least to me. As far as problems, I really didn't see anything wrong. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Thanks. Roxas and Xion are such great friends in the game, I just couldn't not have that in my story. I'll probably post the second part of this chapter in about a week. Writer's block has struck again and I just can't seem to write anything. And I'm glad that the section thing is working out.

Andillexe

Here's the next part for you.

Chapter 2: Is this… love?
Part 2

Roxas and I met up with Axel after mission and immediately went to the clock tower, ice cream in hand.

“Axel, your ice cream’s melting,” I told him as another drop fell from his ice cream.

“Oh,” he said, looking down at his half-melted popsicle with a frown.

“What’s wrong, Axel?” Roxas asked. “You seem sad.” Axel stuck the rest of his ice cream in his mouth and didn’t answer. We sat in silence, staring at the sunset and finishing up our Sea Salt Ice Cream.

“I’m going to be stationed at Castle Oblivion for a while, and I don’t know when I’m coming back,” he explained sadly. His clean popsicle stick was in his hand, the word LOSER printed neatly down the middle.

“When are you leaving?” I asked, staring at my own LOSER popsicle stick.

“Whenever the higher-ups tell me to, I guess.” Another silence stretched on.

“Cheer up, guys!” Roxas said. “We’re together now, and that’s what matters.” I couldn’t help but smile at his wasted enthusiasm, and I looked over to see that Axel couldn’t either.

♥ ♥ ♥

“Xion!” Saïx called after Axel, Roxas and I got back from our break. I walked over to see what he wanted with me, sighing to myself. “You have another mission to do.” I was about to complain that I just got back from a mission when he added, “With Zexion.”

After he said that I saw Zexion walk into the lounge and I didn’t mind going on another mission anymore.

“Hopefully you’ve gotten better since last time,” he said, half-jokingly.

“If you mean ‘I hope you can’t kick my butt yet,’ then I’m sorry to inform you that I can,” I told him, smiling.

“Is that a challenge?”

“Just go on the mission,” Saïx said impatiently before walking away. Zexion and I stifled our laughter as he led me through the portal. We walked out and I looked around to see a familiar island I’ve never actually been to before.

“Is this where the mission is?” I asked as we walked to the mini-island.

“No. I just wanted to talk to you first.” We reached the paopu tree and I leaped onto it, wondering just what he wanted to talk about.

“What do you want to talk about?” I obviously asked. He didn’t answer me right away. Instead he looked out at the sunset that had the ocean on fire.

“I know you tried to run away when you went on that mission with Demyx,” he began.

“How do you know about that?” Seriously, only Demyx was there and when he found me he thought that I just wanted to fight more Heartless.

“What were you thinking? The higher members can turn into a Dusk, or worse, erase you completely. Why would you even run away in the first place? What was it you were trying to do?” Even though he tried to hide it, I could hear the hurt in his voice.

“Zexion, I didn’t try to leave because of any of you.” A picture of Saïx popped into my mind, but I ignored it. “I tried because I need answers about certain things and the Organization can’t give any of them to me.”

“What kind of answers? Maybe I can help. Just tell me what you need,” he said desperately as he turned to look me in the eye.

It’s worth a shot, a little voice inside me prompted. “Okay. I’ve been having these weird dreams lately, and I don’t know if they’re real or not,” I explained, having an odd sense of déjà vu. “In these dreams I’m a boy who plays with his friends on this island who has a Keyblade just like mine. How come this boy and I can wield the Keyblade? Why does Roxas have one just like mine. Why don’t I have memories of my original self, but have dreams of a boy I’ve never met before? Who is the boy in my dreams? Who am I? What am I?” I realized that I was shouting and looked down.

“Maybe it’s better not to have all the answers,” Zexion sighed after a moment to take in my ramblings. “To be left in the dark about things you shouldn’t know.”

“How can you say that?” I asked, appalled. I brought my head up to look at him only to see that he was staring at the ocean again. “How can you think that I can just accept not knowing these things?” Besides, I thought, didn't he say he was going to try and help me? This isn't helping.

“Because I don’t want to see you disappear,” Zexion told me forcefully, turning around. He took my face in his hands and looked me in the eyes. I was surprised by the intensity in them but something inside of me kind of liked it.

“Promise you’ll be there to protect me?” I asked quietly. Zexion didn’t say anything. Instead, he leaned in close, closed his eyes, and stopped just before his lips met mine. I smiled, leaning in to meet him and letting my eyes fall shut. Our lips met and we kissed for the first time, setting my non-existent heart into a deafening race.

When darkness is upon your door, and you feel like you can’t take anymore
Let me be the one you call.
If you jump, I’ll break your fall, lift you up and fly away with you into the night.
If you need to fall apart I can mend a broken heart.
If you need to crash then crash and burn you’re not alone.
~”Crash and Burn,” Savage Garden

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch 2 Is Up}

Oh my God, that was so beautiful!!! The kissing scene was the best; those two are just such a cute couple. Now, you said that Axel was going to Castle Oblivion, which means that Zexion won't be around much longer. What is going to happen? How will Xion react? Man, so many questions. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Andillexe

Oh my God, that was so beautiful!!! The kissing scene was the best; those two are just such a cute couple. Now, you said that Axel was going to Castle Oblivion, which means that Zexion won't be around much longer. What is going to happen? How will Xion react? Man, so many questions. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Yes, Axel and Zexion are going away soon. It's gonna be hard on Xion, having her best friend and her love going away all at the same time. But you'll just have to see exactly how she reacts in a week. ^_^

Andillexe

First part of chapter 3, where nothing much really happens. Right now it's just the lovey-dovey stuff, then the real fun begins. Hehe.

Chapter 3: The Master
Part 1

And now I’m so far away from you.
Will I be making any difference after leaving you all alone?
And now I’m so far away from home.
Can I justify my actions after leaving you here in this town?
Safe and guarded, we call it home,
A feeling that we shared.
~ “Terrified,” Story of the Year

Zexion and I spent almost all of our free time together, but I still hung out with Roxas and Axel a lot. He would change the schedule so that we had a lot of missions and breaks together. Even though relationships weren’t exactly forbidden, we still tried not to advertise the fact that we were in one. Especially not in front of Xemnas or Saïx.

“So, you and Zexion, huh?” Axel asked with a smile as we ate ice cream on the clock tower.

“Yes, me and Zexion,” I said, a little defensive. “There’s no rule against it.”

“Only because Larxene is as fun to be around as a rabid squirrel.” Roxas commented. I could tell he was trying to be light-hearted, but it didn’t work.

“What’s wrong with me dating Zexion? We like each other, so what’s the problem?” I asked, glaring at my two best friends who were being really stupid at the moment.

“Xion, that’s the problem,” Axel explained. “We Nobodies don’t have hearts, so technically our emotions are all fake. What you’re feeling isn’t real.”

“It’s real enough to me. That’s all that matters.” I muttered. I looked down at my ice cream, my appetite completely gone.

“Are you okay with loving someone even though you know that you don’t really love each other?” Roxas asked.

“Why are you guys doing this?” I demanded as I got up. “Why can’t you just be happy for me and leave it at that?”

“We don’t want you to get hurt,” Axel told me.

“Yeah. You’re our friend. We care about you, Xion,” Roxas added. I couldn’t believe it. They were telling me that I shouldn’t feel anything because they cared about me? How contradictive is that? I asked myself.

“I gotta go,” I said as I ran to the bottom of the clock tower. I threw my ice cream down behind me as I ignored whatever they were trying to say to me.

♥ ♥ ♥

“Xion, what’s wrong?” Zexion asked as I stormed into his room.

“Roxas and Axel think that because we’re Nobodies we don’t have emotions and we don’t really like each other,” I explained as I paced around the room.

“Oh.”

“You’re not going to tell me the same thing are you?”

“No. But you’re not going to like what I’m about to tell you.” I sat down on the bed as he took a breath. “I think Xemnas found out about us. And he doesn’t like it. He’s sending me to Castle Oblivion indefinitely.”

“That’s not fair,” I said, sinking down onto the bed. “He can’t do this to us. What we have isn’t against any rules.”

“You can thank ‘the Savage Nymph’ for that,” Zexion told me with a sad smile. “And Xemnas can do this, though it was probably Saïx’s idea.”

“Bastard.”

“But we’ll still be able to see each other. I’ll get away from the castle whenever I can and meet up with you somewhere.”

“Where are we going to meet up? I still don’t know how to teleport, and I don’t think anyone will be willing do drop me off.” I hung my head and stared at the floor.

“You mean no one’s taught you yet?” I shook my head. “They must’ve assumed I taught you the first few days I was with you. I should have, too.”

“Don’t worry about it.” I told him, hearing how frustrated he was with himself. “Axel, Roxas and I usually hang out at the clock tower in Twilight Town. I could just stay there until you come.”

“Alright. It’s late, and you’d better go. I still have to get ready to go.”

“When are you leaving?”

“Tomorrow morning.”

“Oh.” So soon? I thought, becoming depressed. That means Axel’s leaving tomorrow, too. “It wouldn’t be too much trouble if I stayed here tonight, would it?

Zexion smiled. “I wouldn’t have a problem with it at all.” He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me on the top of my head. I wrapped my arms around his waist, closing my eyes and wishing time would just stand still for us.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Re: Dusk's Dream [Prequel to Twilit Road to Dawn]{Ch3 Pt1 Up}

Aw, that was so adorable, especially the ending. So, Xemans has found out about them, and, as a result, he is sending Zexion to Castle Oblivion. I wonder how they get around to meeting each other without getting caught. I mean, Axel and Larxene know about them, and they are going to Castle Oblivion as well. Well, I guess I'll just have to wait to see what happens. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Andillexe

Aw, that was so adorable, especially the ending. So, Xemans has found out about them, and, as a result, he is sending Zexion to Castle Oblivion. I wonder how they get around to meeting each other without getting caught. I mean, Axel and Larxene know about them, and they are going to Castle Oblivion as well. Well, I guess I'll just have to wait to see what happens. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Thanks. This is pretty much going to be the end of the lovey-dovey cutsy stuff for a while, so enjoy it while you can. And they didn't really want to keep it a total secret. They just didn't want Xemnas or Saix to find out about them because of the obvious reasons. But that didn't really work out too well.

Andillexe

Here's the next part. I get to post it early because of a snowday. The second section was really long so I had to cut it short somewhere. Hopefully it doesn't seem abrupt. And caution: There is some mature innuendo going on. Enjoy!

Chapter 3: The Master
Part 2

When I woke up the next morning, Zexion was gone. I looked on the floor, where he had slept (he insisted that I take the bed, despite my protests), but he wasn’t anywhere in his room. I curled back up on his bed and couldn’t help but feel a tiny hole tearing its way open in my chest.

After a while of laying in bed moping, I finally found the energy to get up and get ready. As I stepped into the hall, I accidently ran right into someone.

“Sorry,” I quickly apologized. “My fault.”

“Xion?”

“Oh, morning Roxas.”

“What were you doing in Zexion’s room?” he asked, confusedly looking from me to the door I had just come out of.

“He left this morning and I just wanted to say goodbye. Why?” I asked, just as confused.

“He and the other members assigned to Castle Oblivion left really early this morning. Why would you still be in his room?” I was getting even more confused until I realized what he was really asking.

“You don’t think… You can’t mean… I—We didn’t… I just wanted to see him before he left, that’s it.”

“Okay, Xion. Whatever you say,” Roxas said with a smile. My cheeks started burning as I ran down the hall.

♥ ♥ ♥

As Roxas and I stepped into the nearly empty lounge, we were met with snickers and curious stares.

“Hey, Xion,” Demyx said as we sat down. “Did you get zexy with Zexion last night?” He started laughing hysterically at his own lame joke, and I threw anything I could get my hands on at him. Of course he just had to have the room right next to Zexion’s.

“Shut up. We didn’t do anything, and you know it,” I huffed angrily after I ran out of things to throw. To my great satisfaction, most of what I threw at him made contact, and I’m not talking about the fluffy pillows.

“What’s going on in here?” Saïx’s stern voice asked. I turned to see Saïx walking into the room, his usual frown on his annoying target of a face.

“Nothing,” I told him. “Just some friends having fun.”

He looked at me for a moment, then to Demyx, who was holding his head with a large pile of stuff around him. “I thought you were more mature than that.” The stupid smirk that had crept onto his face when he said “mature” told me that he heard about me staying in Zexion’s room last night.

“Just give me my mission so I can get out of here,” I demanded impatiently.

“Fine. Your mission today is a solo mission. Do some reconnaissance and report back here. I hope you can handle that by yourself.”

“Don’t worry,” Demyx piped up. “She has more than enough experience.” Quickly standing up, I glared at Demyx and Saïx’s growing smirk. I may have whacked Demyx’s pretty little head on my way to the portal, but I don’t know for sure.

I stepped through the portal, trying to fight the urge to just turn around and give Saïx and Demyx the full beating they deserved, and saw an empty wasteland. Except for the random rock formations that were scattered about, the terrain was pretty much flat. Dirt was being blown around by a small gust of wind, making it almost impossible to see where the horizon was. I wondered why there would be any Heartless here, because this place was definitely deserted.

I walked toward the largest rock formation, thinking that maybe I could somehow climb onto it and see if anything else was around. About five minutes later, the formation didn’t seem to get any closer.

“What the hell am I even doing?” I asked myself. “There’s obviously nothing here!” The moment I said that a bunch of blue things popped out of nowhere, surrounding me. Maybe I should stop talking out loud to myself, I thought as I summoned my Keyblade and got into my battle stance.

The creatures that I was facing didn’t look like Heartless, and the emblem on their stomachs weren’t the same as the Heartless I’ve faced before. To be honest, I was scared and didn’t know if I could handle them.

“Stop,” someone commanded. The creatures disappeared in clouds of darkness and light. I looked around me in confusion, tightening my grip on the Keyblade. But I didn’t see anyone around. “Welcome,” the mystery person greeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back