• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► unheard whispers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hey guys, guess what, this is a Sora Riku fanfiction.
Now, before the homophobes and Soriku haters leave before reading, I'd still like you to read it. I've had many who don't even like yaoi like my story and my writing. Apparently I'm enjoyable. So sit back. They don't fruck [yet*].

Also, this got me to the final round of the fanfiction contest against about 15 people. :3 That's pretty neat.

I've actually posted the original here back when I was still Ninja Usagi but I decided to repost it with the revision I will be posting again on fanfiction.net which is where I cut and paste the original from.

unheard whispers started when I was in sophomore year and I realized I really enjoyed writing. Unfortunately halfway through school I gave up on it and abandoned it. Random events made me come back to it.

Please comment and review. I'm unfortunately proud of this and I would really enjoy to hear your opinions and this is probably in the 3rd stage of being a rough still of the revision so there are bound to be mistakes still.

*: I haven't decided on that detail yet. :D It's a probably not just so I can actually post it on here and keep readers.

and now for the actual thing... everything after this is found here on fanfiction.net

~~~~~~

The amount of times this one chapter alone has been rewritten astounds me. I'm not exaggerating when I say it has probably hit the 15 mark.

But due to the fact that it's been forever and I needed something to do so I wouldn't go literally batpoo insane for the next couple months, I decided to come back to this story and nearly rewrite every damn sentence.

So, this means that just about everything is slightly different. Maybe nothing THAT new else than a couple things here and there, a competently new flashback for this chapter. What it is is the same thing with one word taken out. I reworded, rewrote, messed with the structure, gave it some more life. I worked on just this chapter for a long time.

I will also try to write a new chapter. Never before seen!

And now, for the disclaimer we see so often:

I do not own the characters, they are property of their respected owners.

I would like people to flame me about my writing and how much I suck at it. Not the pairing and the whatnot. That'd be nice, huh?

Please give me reviews even if you hate it. Thank you.

---------

promise.

A young boy with messy spiked brown hair woke up and looked around. All he could see was that he was in his pajamas on the deck outside his bedroom. It was maybe around noon judging from the sun that was directly on top of him. He stretched his arms over his head, popping some sore joints, probably caused by sleeping on a wooden deck all night. The boy could feel the ocean's breeze hit his skin as his stretching lifted his blue t-shirt up over his boxers.

The day felt different to the boy for some reason, although he wasn't sure why; it was a beautiful day. Seagulls flying overhead, the ocean splashing on the shore, and a wonderful blue sky. Despite all of this, he had a strange gut feeling that something interesting was going to happen today. He didn't want to think about it that much since it would probably ruin it. Besides, he liked surprises.

It was just now that he began wondering more important things like how and why he ended up on his deck this morning. As he walked up to the deck's end to rest his arms on the edge and think, a voice coolly said in his ear, “Have you been sleepwalking, Sora?”

Sora's answer to this ended up with him jumping in the air with wide eyes until he landed with a thud on his deck floor, knocking his head on one of the posts.

Well, he liked some surprises, it seems.

He rubbed the back of his head and grinned the pain away with a bright smile up to the dark silhouette standing in front of him with the sun beating down on him. The shadowed person chuckled at the boy's childish reactions and reached his arm out to help the boy up to his feet.

Once Sora got back to his feet, he asked up to the person with a confused look on his face as he dusted his clothes off, “How'd you get out here, Riku?”

Riku leaned against the door that lead into Sora's room and said, “Your mom let me in. I swear, the woman treats me like I'm her own son.”

“But you kind of already are, Riku,” Sora said looking up to Riku. The older boy was now in a better light and Sora could see his features clearly. Riku had more of stronger build than Sora's feminine looking body and was also around five inches taller than him. Around two if you counted Sora's huge, spiked hair that went in every direction. Their faces were also different since Sora's face was more circular and round like a child's and Riku's was longer and a more prominent chin.

Riku was just one year older than Sora, but they were still in the same grade in school. His mother, being paranoid and overprotective, held poor Riku back a year because she thought kids would pick on him because of his strange hair.

His hair was strange because, unlike normal kids on the islands, he had shining, silver hair that had a blueish tint to it as if it reflected the sky. It was much longer than most guys would ever want, considering it almost touched the middle of his back, with his bangs hanging lazily in front of one of his eyes like a curtain of silver. He liked it though.

Riku sighed, ignoring what Sora just said. He flicked away a stray strand of hair from his other eye and said, “Don't you have a date with Kairi in...” Riku paused and looked at his wristwatch tauntingly, “Oh, I'd say about ten minutes?”

“What? CRAP!” Sora's eyes widened as he yelled. As the boy sped into his room, Riku smirked and followed the boy back inside.

Sora rummaged through his closet, underneath and around his bed, dressers, and anywhere else his clothes could be. Unfortunately, anything that he found that was actually clean wasn't enough to make a decent outfit. Nothing matched, nothing looked presentable. His “Who farted?” shirt would probably get him kicked by Kairi.

As Sora ran from pile to pile like a mad man, he was mumbling things to himself as if he were trying to add to the effect. Saying things such as, “She's gonna kill me, she's gonna kill me so dead... God, where are my pants...”

Riku tried to hold back his laughter and called over to him, “Hey, Sora.”

Sora peeked his head out from a pile he was digging through. He looked exhausted and about to cry.

“WHAT.”

The older boy smirked at his friend, obviously happy with the results he was getting.

“Hm, now what was I about to say? That look of yours was just so priceless I think I just forgot!” He teasingly looked up to the ceiling and stroked his chin, looking like he was trying to find something out. Sora was about to break down into tears. His patience ran out when he was looking under the bed.

“Riku! I don't have TIME! I need to go!” Sora's voice cracked at the word “time” and continued on cracking, “Just tell me!”

Riku laughed a teasing sort of laugh and pointed straight to Sora's bedroom door.

The boy turned his head slowly and saw that there was a neat, carefully put together outfit hanging on his door hook. A silver crown pendant and chain dangled on top of it. Sora was impressed.

“I put that together while you were asleep outside. Some from your stuff, some from mine. Hope it fits. Sort of made your room worse while finding some of it, though, sorry... But I'm not sure you even noticed that. Your room is a mess, you know tha--”

Riku was interrupted by Sora hugging him. He could hear Sora say quietly, “Thank you...”

He stopped talking and just smiled and patted Sora's back to assure him that he'll be fine and said, “I called Kairi, by the way. Told her you overslept again”

“Thank you so much... But holy crap, don't do that again...” Sora mumbled into Riku's shoulder.

Sora let go of Riku and ran over to his door and started taking everything off their hangers and put them on the bed by his wall. Riku was stunned for a split second but he didn't think Sora even noticed it. Getting back to his senses, he turned around on his heel and slipped through the door.

---------

Riku stood outside of Sora's room to give him some privacy and give himself time to himself to think.

The gentle summer breeze blew through his long hair as he laid his elbow on the railing to rest his chin in his palm. His face was warm and he realized he was blushing still from the hug.

Various thoughts went through his head over and over; Sora and him being best friends since they were children, going through everything in life together. People thought their bond wouldn't last long considering their various differences. Regardless, they were inseparable and stuck together like magnets.

Riku lightly laughed at the cliché way he was thinking and shook his head with a smirk.

A memory appeared in his head and he relaxed with the sweet nostalgia.

The sounds of children yelling and laughing rang throughout the playground. The clouds overhead were cheerful and friendly looking to the children below, although the same clouds would most likely turn into a nasty storm later that night. Regardless of this, the children carried on with their simple lives and played and played. Some were on swings,some playing with a soccer ball; kicking it, tripping, yelling to use some teamwork. Teachers made random glances over to make sure no one was severely hurt and went on chatting with each other.

Two young boys, only a couple years into grade school, played with a big rubber ball and bounced it on the ground to each other. One with brown hair, another with silver. The younger looking boy smiled brightly to the other, clearly enjoying the plain game.

Riku started to get bored and that led to getting just a bit distracted and his eyes started to wander. While this happened he noticed some kids walking towards Sora and his direction with mischief burning in their eyes.

Being distracted, the ball hit Riku's hand and bounced in the other direction but missing Sora completely.

Conveniently, the ball landed at the feet of what looked like the “leader” of the snot filled kids that were now grinning wide. A group of about six older children, all boys but one girl who could care less about what was going on but had a grin nonetheless.

The “leader” boy with vibrant orange tousled hair picked the ball up. Green eyes sparkling with joy and excitement, he asked, “Is this your ball?”

Sora turned around and grinned. He said, “Hehe, yeah. Could you toss it over? This game is getting intense.” Riku wasn't sure if Sora was kidding or really was that bored.

The blonde girl in the group clicked her tongue at Sora's comment with the attitude of an evil queen. Especially a game of tossing a ball back and forth. She had more important things to do.

“I was thinking the same thing, Ren,” said another dirty blonde boy in the group with a guitar on shirt.

“Shut up,” she retorted, apparently too annoyed to think of anything else.

Riku thought these guys were really easy to read, even as a kid. Not many of them really got along with each other.

“How about something more interesting, huh, guys?”

The group agreed.

“Like what? A new game?” Sora was actually curious.

“You could say that,” the boy with the flame hair snickered.

The leader whispered something to Ren and she snickered, probably pleased with it. Riku guessed it had something to do with harming others. He took a step forward to stop it but somehow two of the other kids in the group already were behind him and held his shoulders.

Ren immediately ran around the playground finding anyone who was willing. A couple others and their friends didn't agree and Ren was infuriated with their inability to cooperate with her plans and pouted.

A plan was a plan though. She rounded up around eight other people who were bored enough to go with their idea. All were carrying a similar ball to Sora and Riku's and had four extra for the other kids in the group.

“Oh, fun, you got more people to play with me and Sora,” Riku played along, not happy, but was glad Sora wasn't looking at how pissed he was. The two boys holding his shoulders loosened their grip when he stopped talking. Probably thinking things would be easy with this pansy boy.

“Have you ever played dodge ball, kid? You see... this turf is ours on the playground. I don't know if you've heard. And this ball, too. It's ours. What were you thinking?” The leader tossed his ball in the air and caught it with one hand. He had a bright smile on his face.

“Um... Er... I didn't know,” Sora looked genuinely sorry.

“He didn't know, he says,” said a boy holding Riku back.

“You want to know how you play dodge ball?”

“Uh... sure,” Sora was beginning to get uncomfortable.

“Start running. We'll give you a five minute start. Then we'll try to hit you with these.”

Sora was confused. “What?”

“Better get running.”

“Sora! Just run.” Riku snapped to him, looking at him with concern.

The brunette snapped out of it and started running towards the swings in the playground.

The redhead counted to five and decided that was long enough and picked up the ball by his feet.

“You said five minutes,” Riku stated, trying so hard not to yell.

“I say a lot of things,” the boy laughed and started running towards Sora with the ball ready to launch.

Riku, in a fit of rage, freed himself by kicking the boys behind him in the shins with his heel. They immediately let go to grab hold of their legs and Riku ran towards the red-haired boy as fast as he could.

Collision like that of a train hitting a car at full speed.

“AL!” a kid cried out from the group. Some looked disappointed in how this was going down. Some were confused and looking at Ren expectantly.

Riku was still on top of the bully, about to punch him right in the face. “Sora! Run!”

Sora turned around confused and had just realized what was really happening. He turned around and ran with all his might to hide.

“So, you think it's funny to team thirteen kids against two?”

The boy smirked, “More interesting than Ren bit--”

Al was cut off by a fist hitting him in the cheek and a glare from Riku that could cut through diamond.

Riku continued throwing punches to Al's face. He landed a quick punch to Al's nose and there was a crunching noise. His nose was broken and was now bleeding. By the end of this, Al's face was a mixture of black, blue and red.

The other kids from the posse were eventually were able to push Riku off of their leader and walked him over to the teachers who somehow saw everything due to a friendly red haired girl who pointed it out. She waved to Riku and went back to the swings with her friends. The teachers began yelling.

Looking around, he couldn't see Sora anywhere and recess was about to end. However, he had an idea where Sora was. Underneath one of the jungle gyms, there were a series of tubes. Sora went there during recess sometimes to be left alone and it was his secret place with only his close friends. Riku had to punch maybe ten kids various and random times during elementary school to make sure no one decided to use it for the same purpose. It was theirs. Everyone had territory and that was their set spot.

Even before getting that into the tunnels, he heard a voice with a tinge of fear and crying mixed together saying, “Thanks, Riku... I owe you. Again. I need to get stronger...”

“Yeah, you do.”

Riku decided to be blunt, today.

Sora flinched with the sudden shocking statement but then Riku continued going through the tunnels, “But I'll teach you. It isn't that hard. Just seem intimidating and stuff.”

“Intima-whatnow?” Sora's voice echoed.

The older boy sighed and met Sora hugging his knees in the middle of the tubes, “Scary, Sora. You need to do your homework more, too.”

Sora frowned and was silent for a while.

“I'm sorry you have to protect me all the time.”

“I don't mind. I kind of like it. I feel cool protecting someone.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I'll always protect you.”

“...Promise?”

Riku blinked, confused, but then the confusion turned into a soft smile.

“Promise. Come on, the bell's going to ring.”

Riku smiled a little more because of the memory. He sat there reminiscing and thinking about how much he cared about Sora until quiet clicks of Sora's shoes hitting the wooden deck. Sora's soft voice called out teasingly, “Riku, are you daydreaming about sex again?” Riku would have nearly jumped if Sora hadn't used that joke a couple weeks ago before to make Riku laugh and tease him about his habits of getting lost in thought.

He turned around to see Sora changed and slightly pink in his cheeks, blushing.

Sora was wearing a plain black tank top covered by a plain white jacket with a tribal pattern flowing around it. For sheer weather purposes, the sleeves cut short of his elbows. When Sora shifted his weight, being sort of uncomfortable with Riku staring at him for so long without speaking, his wallet chain jingled catching Riku's attention; he forgot about that thing. It wrapped around the side of his leg nicely on top of his baggy blue jeans that were held up by a nice looking black and white belt that had a vertical pattern of taking turns.

In the center of Sora's chest was the crown necklace he's had since he was a kid. The bright silver brought a nice contrast to the black underneath. Sora looked a bit embarrassed but looked like he was enjoying himself in the cool outfit. He was probably only uneasy about this because Riku did work for him again. Riku didn't mind at all.

Riku started to blush even more after being a tad embarrassed with the flashback he was just having. He could feel the embarrassment and the blood flowing to his face. It was so warm it hurt.

“Are you okay, Riku?” Sora asked, “You look like you're getting a fever or something.”

“I'm fine, don't worry,” Riku lied, shaking his hand in a nonchalant way to shove the matter off and continued, “Do you like the outfit?” He knew it would look good on Sora but... damn.

“You sure?” Sora shoved his hand underneath Riku's bangs to get to his forehead, not noticing Riku's normally pale face was nearly all red. “That's weird... You're warm but...” Sora rambled on before going completely silent. He was so close to Riku at this point that while the boy was thinking about something tough, his breath could be felt on Riku's neck. Riku involuntarily shivered at this.

Then, out of nowhere, he gasped with wide eyes and asked loudly, probably joking, “Maybe you're getting some kind of new sickness! It could be deadly!”

“Sora...”

He continued anyway, “That can't be detected at all!”

“Sora.”

“And you'll die in three weeks!”

“Sora!”

“And the doctors won't know what to do! Oh, Riku! You can't die!” Sora had a face of sadness and shock on his face as he carried on, “Who'll do my math homework for me?”

“SORA!!” Riku yelled.

“Yes?” Sora asked, grinning.

Riku sighed, and said assuringly, “I'm fine. I promise. Can we go now?”
---------

Alright~. Opinions about it now? I think it's a bit better, a bit less cliché and stuff... but yeah.

I have to say, I'm flattered by the fact that a couple people have been urging me to keep writing this and continuing on. I didn't realize it was that great, then or now, honestly. But I really didn't hear many bad comments which sort of made me smile. I'd like to improve, though, so if you think something could be changed or just doesn't feel right to you, please say so. I love critique.

Oh, and the names for the kids in the playground scene I sort of meant for them to be like, the Organization as kids but not nobodies. Al is Axel, Ren is Larxene. Renela would be her full name I think. I'm so clever.

And yeah, I know BBS, it's Lea. Whatever, man.

Hopefully I'll get all these chapters done soon. I'm going to write a new chapter once those are done. It gives me time to review what I've written. It's been a long while, folks.

Thank you for your support and thanks go to my friends who sat through this and helped me with the re-edit. Thank you Elle, Jenni and Rali and everyone else. You guys are awesome.

Thank you everyone else who helped out.

Last edited:

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: unheard whispers [revised] [warning given]

It's really awesome to see you write about this pairing.
The description is really nice and i adore how you potray their relationship. No critique from me.
Now, all I have to do is fave it on ff.net. :]

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's really awesome to see you write about this pairing.
The description is really nice and i adore how you potray their relationship. No critique from me.
Now, all I have to do is fave it on ff.net. :]

Thank you~.
It was a bit of a challenge for me to still rewrite this while staying within the bounds of their character since I haven't played the games in years now. I'm glad I still got it. :D

But the comment about writing about this one, well, I wrote it when I was 15. The original... I dunno where it went. I could probably dig it up some time.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards

Thank you~.
It was a bit of a challenge for me to still rewrite this while staying within the bounds of their character since I haven't played the games in years now. I'm glad I still got it. :D

But the comment about writing about this one, well, I wrote it when I was 15. The original... I dunno where it went. I could probably dig it up some time.

No problem! :] It was worth reading, and I couldn't even tell if you haven't played KH in a while. :eek:

Aria

braver by the minute

I noticed the Organization thing, clever :) It's very well written, and I couldn't tell you haven't played KH in a while either.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No problem! :] It was worth reading, and I couldn't even tell if you haven't played KH in a while. :eek:

I noticed the Organization thing, clever :) It's very well written, and I couldn't tell you haven't played KH in a while either.

Well, part of this was just rewritten and rearranged from the original. The playground scene was new. The old flashback didn't really show development and bothered me. It just seemed like an extra scene to show that physically they're attracted to each other. The playground scene shows that they stick together and protect one another, blah blah.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Omygawwwd.
best fan fick ive ever read.
i want, no i need more! :D
ur fantastic.

Thank you so much, Gage. :D

Chapter 2 will be posted today, eventually. I have a couple things I need to work on like critiques and whatnot. If not today, tomorrow. Feel free to bug the shit out of me on IM until I do.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

ALRIGHT. LET'S DO SOME CHAPTER 2.

This one was only looked over by one person so it's bound to have some mistakes floating about. If you see any, feel free to tell me. Please give me some comments on how you like it or hate it or how I can improve. I really appreciate it.

Any questions you have about what I'm talking about in my rants, feel free to ask. D:
I have some side notes so if you see a number, scroll down, read, and go back. Sorry it's a hassle.

~~~~~~

Chapter two already started and I'm already sort of going nuts. When I finished the re-edit for the first chapter I was hanging out with friends and stuff and on my laptop. Suddenly I go "YES. It's done!" and they just ignored me and went on with their conversation like I didn't say a thing.

I have nice friends.

Disclaimer: I don’t own any part of Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, or any other references I refer to when referencing is due.

This is meant to be shonen-ai but I would prefer my comments and critique not be about how horrible I am for pairing Sora and Riku up, two characters from a game that leaves things open for relationships on either side for fans and whatnot. I'd rather it be about how bad I am at writing. That'd be a cool world.

And I actually haven't read my half-assed promise I put out a year ago about these chapters being rewritten. To those who thought that I was actually doing them, I'm so sorry. I gave up without even finishing what I had up.

From the bottom of my heart, I apologize.

---------

idle chit-chat.

The two teens walked down the path leading to the center of downtown Taiyouchi (1), the small town just walking distance from Sora's neighborhood. Sora chatted happily with Riku as they walked, who smiled and nodded to show that he was actually listening to Sora's stories. A couple people in the shops recognized them along with various other friends and waved to them and they gave a friendly wave back and continued walking to the café. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood.

what a wonderful day.

They rounded the corner and quickly spotted a familiar ruby haired girl down the road with bangs cut like daggers in front of her blue eyes. She was standing in front of a building, emotionlessly looking up the sky, hands held behind her back, relaxed. The girl was holding a small purse's strap in her loose fist letting it lay on the ground.

A stray cat walked up from behind her and sniffed her bag and looked up at her and meowed. For some reason, this small sound made the girl snap out of her trance-like stare. She bent her knees down to the ground, careful to not get her black short skirt dirty. She gently picked up the cat and hugged it to her chest as if it were an infant. The pleased cat meowed to her cutely in response. While petting its slightly dirty fur she noticed the two boys waving to her.

She let go of the cat and it scurried back into a dark alleyway as she ran up to her friends. The brown haired boy smiled. She waved as she got near them and asked teasingly pouted about their timing.

"Hey, Kairi," Sora grinned, resting his hands behind his head. He noticed Kairi was wearing yet another new outfit; along with her short skirt, she wore a dark pink tank-top that hugged onto Kairi's slim form. The shirt was beautifully designed with white swirling lines and spirals that wrapped around the shirt with cherry blossoms painted in with the design. The image itself seemed like the blossoms were floating in the wind.

With more looking he noticed Kairi's expression of boredom and slight irritation hidden by a fake smile.

"Nice outfit," Sora added, giving her a fake smile back. He figured her parents bought the new outfit for the date. Might as well keep the act up for all of those people who gave a damn whether or not they were actually dating. In the small town they lived in, a tiny ounce of drama could spread like a wildfire and suddenly everyone knows of that embarassing one-night stand a couple weeks ago.

Riku nodded in agreement to Sora's comment and looked around and at his cell phone nervously. He looked very uncomfortable.

Kairi smiled a genuine smile at Sora's comment and swung her purse strap on her shoulder and held it there. She looked at Riku and smirked.

Teasingly, she said, "I didn't know Sora needed an escort to go to the café, Riku." Riku looked at her and looked away again but stared this time, hiding his face.

"He just wanted to make sure I got here okay," Sora explained for Riku and shrugged, "It isn't that big of a deal."

Kairi gave an audible hum and thought to herself for a moment while Riku said, "I'm gonna head home, guys. My little brother is going to blow up the house again if I don't get back soon. See ya."

With that, he turned from them and quickly left and turned into one of the nearby alleyways.

Before Sora could say anything, he was gone.

---------

Sora laid his chin lazily on the café table with his eyes shut tight, trying to maintain his emotions. It was obvious that he was thinking about something worth frowning about and tousle his hair around in frustration.

It was giving him a headache.

Across from Sora, Kairi crossed her legs casually and took a sip from her strawberry milkshake. These sort of dates bored her to death. It wasn't even a real date by their standards. Besides, she could be home right now playing video games or something.

She noticed her friend in his saddened and frustrated state. She set her glass down and leaned across the table to be about five inches away from Sora's face.

"So you haven't told him any of it yet, huh?" she asked in a soft voice, just loud enough for them both to hear.

Sora didn’t reply. He wanted to tell Riku everything. But to just tell him how much he's thought of him, cared for him, wanted to be with him at that moment and pretty much all his life...

His attention span went to happier thoughts and he began daydreaming bringing a tiny smile to his face with each thought.

Kairi sighed and said calmly to him, snapping to get him out of his daze, "Sora, you really need to tell him everything, especially about the detail that we aren't actually dating. That's crucial!"

Sora grunted to let Kairi know he heard her but he didn't like the idea of actually going through with it.

"Oh, and one more thing before I forget. My parents want you and your parents over for dinner tonight. Sorry it's last minute.”

Sora replied with nothing but a groan. He hated her parents more than anyone else in the world.

Since her father just happened to be the mayor of Taiyouchi at the time and her mother coming from a weathy family of their own, Kairi's family is one of the richest in town. This, of course, allows them to be stuck-up and egotistical, but nobody really notices else than those who don't care about how much money they have.

The people who were extremely annoyed by it were probably a child's handful of people.

The other people either didn't really notice, didn't care or were too busy kissing ass expecting something out of it. Of course, Kairi had to deal with them all the time. Sora wasn't particularly sure where his own parents sat on this subject.

Sure, they were nice to Sora but he really, honest-to-god, did not want to go through with what they had planned for Kairi and Sora. That plan was for him to eventually get married to Kairi. Everything is arranged, everything is forced, and it's all sprinkled with a zest of being uncontrollably awkward.

What, with going through with these forced dates, lying to his best friend and the person he liked, forcing Kairi to bear his children, watch them inherit the fortune Kairi's parents would give to them and see them blow all of the inheritance on the lottery and gambling like his father.

It felt like his brain was spinning in his head. He felt dizzy.

“I swear they’re already planning the wedding,” Kairi said with a hint of sarcasm and frustration looking up at the ceiling, tired.

Finally saying something out loud he asked, "Why do we have to do this? We're only sixteen! I don't wanna think about kids and marriage and money. I wanna run around and play video games with my friends!"

"Do you think it'd be that easy to get that now?" Kairi agreed sadly with their fate.

Sora sighed and looked up at Kairi and said, “When do I gotta be there?”

Kairi smiled at the effort. He was going through a lot right now. Probably more than her with her insane parents.

“Five, sharp,” she paused and then noticed Sora’s head droop back down to where it was, “You wanna get out of here?”

“Please.”

---------

The day passed by quickly but Sora managed to get back into his cheerful self just as fast all thanks to Kairi's strategy of hanging out at his house with sweets and a few hours of video games. Kairi was enjoying a donut from the dozen they bought from the bakery downtown and the fact that she beat Sora for the third time in a row at the fighting game they were playing.

Kairi had just changed into a baggy pair of dark blue sweatpants with a white stripe of fabric that traveled down her leg on the sides. The top was still being worn because she was too lazy to change into one of Sora's shirts and kind of liked the color. The sweatpants were Sora's though.

As the game confirmed Sora's chosen character, another series of beeps and tones could be heard from Kairi's purse. She cursed and threw around the things in her purse until she found her pink phone and swore again. "Dad" could be seen on the ID and she reluctantly answered the phone.

"Ello-'ello?” She answered as she put it up to her ear.

"You aren't British, Kairi,” Sora commented in the background before stuffing another donut in his mouth.

“Kairi?” a deep, booming voice said from the other line, “Oh, good! You’re with Sora! How is the date going?” Kairi made a funny face towards Sora, mimicking her father until it was her turn to speak.

“Hi Dad, it’s been good," she paused and mumbled away from the phone, "Until you called, that is."

“I’m sorry, what was that, my dear?”

“I said I’m happy you called,” Kairi lied. Sora was surprised that her dad has never noticed how much Kairi has lied to her parents like that. From going out with friends, doing things she shouldn't, their odd relationship. But, then again, she lives with them. She's had her share of practice in manipulating people right before her eyes.

“That’s wonderful,” a chuckle was heard from the phone, “Are Sora’s parents coming tonight?”

“Yes, sir, they’re all very excited.” More exaggerated expressions from Kairi.

“Great! Well, I’ll let you get back to your date. Sorry to interrupt."

Kairi clicked the 'end call' button before her dad could give a loud good-bye, and plopped back down onto the cushioned chair in front of the television. She looked at the clock on the phone before throwing it back into her purse.

3: 49 p.m... They might as well enjoy the hour and eleven minutes they still had left.

---------

Later that night, Riku lay motionless in his bed, still dressed in his baggy jeans and black tank top he was wearing before. A skylight built above him looked out into the dark blue sky as white specks slowly started to appear. The teen turned his head to look at the digital clock on his wooden night stand.

"4. 56 p.m" glowed in an eerie red light and hurt his eyes. It was the only unnatural light shining in the room. There was only the sun's last breath of life looming slowly out of his room and out the large windowed doors connected to his balcony.

This was how Riku liked his room; unkept and dark. His parents couldn't care less since they were gone going on buisness trips, cruises, traveling, whatever else uncaring parents do with their time.

Riku didn't mind, though. His little brother wasn't that hard to take care of and he never really got along with his parents anyway after they started traveling.

His little brother was now asleep after crashing with all the sugar he had when Riku was gone. When Riku got home, he did what any normal person would do; locked the door of his brother's room with the television, video games, and stereo. Within an hour, the little boy was fast asleep on the room's floor.

He looked back up to his skylight. More stars were appearing and he watched on with no shown expression on his face as filled into his head like water. School, friends, where he'll go for dinner tonight.

Sora.

Sora's hug still lingered on his mind. It was just a stupid hug, he thought, it meant nothing at all to Sora. He kept assuring himself to calm down and not think to hard on these things but it just wasn't working.

It never did.

Stop making it bug you, dumbass, he told himself in his head.

Besides, Sora likes Kairi, right? Not me. Why should I get so worked up over something that doesn’t matter?

Yet, he wanted it to matter.

Riku's thoughts were doing nothing else than annoying him. He turned his head again to his clock and it shined '5: 13 p.m.' back to him. He sighed and pushed himself up and grabbed towards his black jacket on the floor and carried it with him as he got off his bed. Peeking into his brother's room, he pushed his sleeves through the long sleeves.

His brother was still fast asleep and limply holding a TV remote in his hands. The TV was on and a yellow sponge was laughing obnoxiously.

Riku chuckled uncontrollably at this poor sight. The boy needed as much protecting as... Sora.

The young boy grunted at his idiotic thoughts as he picked up his brother off of the floor and set him down on the boy's bed and turned off the television.

He closed the door silently and walked to his balcony outside his room. As soon as the door opened, cool air wafted in and he walked through his door.

Well, back to thinking.

The teen leaned his arm on the banister and stared at the orange and purple sky as the sun just left the horizon. More and more stars were coming into view. Riku whipped his head around making his hair turn and lightly whip his arm when he stopped. The clock that could be seen through his window had barely changed at all since he last checked.

"I don't want to wake him up like last time..." He looked at the scar on his right hand from breaking it a year ago.

If you could pick out a sigh from a happy to sad one, Riku's would be the latter. He pulled himself on top of the top bar of the basically designed metal balcony and sat there for a while. Figuring out his next move as he went, he slid off while grasping one of the more slender poles. Doing so, he very carefully slid his way down until his hand hit the end of it.

He let go quickly and landed softly on the grass below.

---------

author notes

The second and third chapters were combined because the second was extremely short and I was planning on doing so anyway. I don't know what stopped me.

I feel weird not ranting nearly as much as I did when I was 16 but I just feel like no one cares. Sad, isn't it? I'm so dumb.

Anyway. I apologize for my rants being so serious. Hahaha.

See, a laugh. That's fun, right?

Side notes:

(1) Sticking with the name that I used except just keeping the word taiyou for "Sun" and chi that I took from the word for "town" (machi), looking back it wasn't that bad sound wise but I didn't know then that chi can mean "blood" in Japanese. I decided to keep it even though it really doesn't mean anything else than Sun blood. I think it sounds cool, shut up. Since I'm still learning Japanese from when I started writing this, this is all I can come up with that isn't like, HIKARI TOWN or something dumb (no offense to anyone who does that but...). In actual Japanese, it'd be written as 太陽血 in Kanji. (will this show up? is that even correct?)

Other bullshit I think is relevant:
In my mind and this story, Destiny Islands is split up into 6 regions; Sora, Kairi and Riku live on the biggest island, and the one they played on as kids and go run around on is the smallest but is still visible by the bigger island and it's in the middle. It's sorta like Hawaii but clumped together and closer.

Thank you for reading, please give me a review and critique, say hi, whatever. Anything but just reading and then hitting the X at the top. I love all of you for getting this far through and I'd love to hear your opinions and ideas. I'm all ears for that. If you want to point out all my mistakes to me and what I should do to fix it, be my guest. I'd worship you.

And to those who still had this story on watch and decided to reread this and still give me more comments, holy shit I love you guys.

And some more love and thanks go to Rali who helped me out with this chapter. Thank you so freaking much.

Please review and comment.

~~~~~~

Chapter 3 will be up eventually. I REALLY need proofreaders and it's a lot harder for me to find them nowadays. I hope you understand.

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Hmmm, I do like the actual writing.

Still don't like shounen-ai stories though, lol

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hmmm, I do like the actual writing.

Still don't like shounen-ai stories though, lol

Pfft. Glad to hear it.

Side note... when I posted this on KHI, I noticed I left a LOT of errors on ff.net so it was like "posting posting... GODFUCKINGDAMMIT" because I hate editing through ff.net. It's such a hassle, you have no idea.

Aria

braver by the minute

Interesting chapter. I just have a question, does Riku's brother have a name? It seemed like he cared a lot for him, but he always just referred to him as his little brother. That's my only bit of critique, the rest of the chapter was really good.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Interesting chapter. I just have a question, does Riku's brother have a name? It seemed like he cared a lot for him, but he always just referred to him as his little brother. That's my only bit of critique, the rest of the chapter was really good.

I did that just because a random name would only be confusing to some people.

I COULD have named him but I honestly didn't feel like it. It'd just be a hassle since he's a minor character.

I mean, hell, Selphie was supposed to be in the cafe with Sora and Kairi. D: Got rid of that a long while ago.

Aria

braver by the minute

I did that just because a random name would only be confusing to some people.

I COULD have named him but I honestly didn't feel like it. It'd just be a hassle since he's a minor character.

I mean, hell, Selphie was supposed to be in the cafe with Sora and Kairi. D: Got rid of that a long while ago.

True, it was just a little thing that caught my attention. I guess you're right though, it's better than some random name.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

True, it was just a little thing that caught my attention. I guess you're right though, it's better than some random name.

It's kind of that you're also going to forget it later. It's a very minor detail. I'm glad you're PAYING attention, though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back