• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Work Stories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firo

Oh Crap
Tell your best/worst work stories. whether it's about a dick boss or shitty customer or something funny.

I remember I was working at a retail store, and me and this other guy were stocking lunch meat by the wine. Basically, some lady walked her shopping cart into a wine display and broke 40 bottles of wine. Funny thing is, we saw it happen and the lady just froze, then bolted out of the store. Half of the store smelt like wine. Not so funny thing. I we had to clean it up, and then I got pulled over on my way home. Yeah.

Dick boss:
At the same store, this one boss who disliked me for some reason, thought me and my friend did a shitty job facing an isle (making it look nice) so he went through and messed it up. He pretty much cycloned it. But it was BS because another manager said we did a good job. Pretty fucked yeah?

Your turn.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
One time autistic children ganged up on me, stole my hat, pinned me down, and tried to gouge out my eyes.

True story.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
this sounds stupid, but some guy forced me to smile for no reason and was being an asshole to get me to smilefacepalm

XIII Nobodies

The manager of Subway came in one day last week, and was being disrespectful to our crew. She started off by asking (in a rather snobby tone) if she could order a side of eggs from the salad bar, which, my manager said, "no, we do not do that." She then proceeded to ask what happened to the other supervisors, which two of them had been fired after being caught stealing and giving free food away. The lady continued asking EACH member of the crew if they could sneak her a personal sized pizza. Everyone of course, responded "no." She then started harassing one of my co-workers calling him "shorty" (and yeah, he is short) as if trying to distract him, and then continuing saying "hey, you" because he did have a name tag. She also proceeded to call another one of my co-workers "fatty," which, he took offense to and responded by calling her "fatty" (because she was actually fatter than he was). She then says "you guys have no sense of humor," and my manager responds by saying, "we have a sense of humor, you just don't know what humor is seeing as you can't get anyone here to laugh." So it turns into this whole scene where she is basically saying that we're unprofessional, since two of our crew members don't have name tags on (they only started fives days before, so of course they didn't have name tags yet). My manager responded by asking her why she was even over here in the first place. She responded, saying she just "wanted to bullshit with our crew." She then proceeded saying that since we're next door to each other, our crew and her crew should bullshit with each other every now and then. She had also mentioned that she was still on the clock and working, so I asked her why she wasn't in her store. She responded saying "you guys are too serious, don't you guys have fun here?" My manager responded by saying "this IS a WORKPLACE. Don't people usually go to their workplace to WORK?" He then continued saying "Oh, and by the way, if you really want to call US unprofessional, then maybe you should stop acting to TRASHY, go back to your store, and run your own crew, because you coming here to ask for free food, harass my crew, and trying to "bullshit" with people in another store while YOU are on the clock is by far the WORST case of unprofessionalism have EVER witnessed." Finally, she just glared at him, and we were all just staring at her, trying not to laugh. She then said "fine, see if I ever give any of you guys any free food," and walked away.

And yes, this IS a true story. Thankfully, she has not come into our restaurant ever since. I honestly feel bad for her crew since they have to work with her, especially since she is the manager over there. Makes me wonder how she even got her job in the first place.

Firo

Oh Crap
When I worked at Quizno's (FAIL) I dropped a sweat bead in a persons sandwich. He lol'd and ate the sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back