• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura, you are reeeealy streching it this time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

leonidus

Anyone else feel that KH might be becoming too big for it's own good? I mean, really. Compare KH1 to BBS. It's like comparing the simplicity of DQ to the complex story structure of FF. Think about what you thought about the KH1 when you played it, without knowing anything about Xehanort, Ansem the Wise, Roxas, nobodies, TAV, MX, ANYTHING. Now think about KH1 with all of this in the story, the game is seen completely differently. When "Ansem" appears, "oh look, it's the heartless of the guy who is not Ansem, but took his name (and his original self is the guy who is made of Terra and MX)." See how that compares to "Oh look, so this is Ansem, cool outfit."

The problem is that the series should have had a different start, more definitive start. KH2 and BBS are great games, but they are an attempt to create a complex story out of a very simplistic basis (KH1) and that leads to streching things (and even modifying ground laws) to unimaginable lenghts to simply "fit and look cool." I mean, look at Vanitas? WHAT is the purpose of the whole Sora look-alike thing? He is the origin of Unbirths(could be wrong)?! He is a being created from the dark side of Vens heart, so Ven's heart is incomplete and he merges with Soras heart and that manifests into Roxas when Sora pokes his heart at Hollow Bastion leading Xemnas to try find the true Ven ?(intentionally confusing sentence) Dogwut
And what about the memories of Mickey, Donald, Goofy, princesses of heart and everybody else meeting all or part of TAV? What is the explanation for this not ever being mentioned?
Eraqus's heart is in Terra who is at the same time sharing his body with MX? Why do that? I won't even go into Xion and 358/2.

Are you seeing the picture here? Many, too many, unnecessary plot elements creating a mayhem of questions and more questions.
I fear that KH3 will fail. The bubble will burst sooner or later if it continues to build and change as drastically as it has in the last few games.

OSM1017

I felt KH was becoming too big once the Organization was introduced. They almost ruined the series for me, too many questions and more characters to wonder about. BBS cleared up everything for me though.

Mariolee

Amnesia Explosion that happened before KH1 would solve everything. EVERYTHING.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Well at least most of our answers are answered now,the only thing that's missing now is that other episode of coded and kh3.Then it's done,i guess.

Diageru

Game grows same way as those who play it.Would you be still here if kh2 had same depth as kh1?No.Story expand some plot holes are unavoidable accept it or go play FF(im not FF hater I actually played alot of them).No plot holes there as each game is new story.

Girl'e

Nomura did state that BbS will leave more questions than answers.

And the storyline does get more and more complicated as it goes-- but if it wasn't like that, I wouldn't be to into it much. Maybe the next installment with explain some things (we all know it takes a couple of games to understand one thing). I guess we'll be waiting for another 5 or so years...

leonidus

Game grows same way as those who play it.Would you be still here if kh2 had same depth as kh1?No.Story expand some plot holes are unavoidable accept it or go play FF(im not FF hater I actually played alot of them).No plot holes there as each game is new story.

Expanding, yes. Evolving, yes. Overdoing it, NO.

namine_ftw

I agree with pretty much everything you said. As much as I like BBS, the series as a whole has become a convoluted mess when it was originally a simple fairy tale-like story. It's like watching a trainwreck, I swear.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
At first I thought they were over-expanding everything. But, with the way the secret ending of BBS went, it all really feels like it's leading up to something. Just like it said, 'all the pieces are in place'.

Yezen

Well for starters, I think DQ > FF, and complex story structure does not always make a a story better. That being said, KH1 had a good basic story. I think it has been going down hill since(storywise) untill BBS(I think KH gameplay is excellent though). Nomura has indeed been playing with and stretching the rules, and the plot device of alternate identities has been used to death. This is clear in that saying Ansem or Xehanort can mean ike 5 different things. CoM was i weak, KH2 which relied heavily on the whole stupid "nobodies" concept was a story failute IMO. But BBS has an ok story. I like where this is going. The characters are getting better, and the story coming together.
I do however, think that Nomura should avoid getting anymore wordy or "complex." I am finding a lot of people here are impressed with KH's so called "complexity." I disagree completely. I find that KH becoming more complex is it's biggest downfall. Nobodies are empty bodies with memories? Heartless are corrupted hearts as opposed to people without hearts? it gets a bit ridiculous with all of the terms they throw around and the 5 forms of Xehanort and Sora. It was best when they stuck with Hearltess.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think it has gotten further than the original vision of KH, but I think it is just growing. An end is in sight, no worries about that. At best, the next KH game will be the end. (Unless we go to the Keyblade Wars which I see as pointless...) If not the next one, the one after it.

So there is nothing wrong about any of these extra elements.

Suzuku

Compare KH1 to BBS. It's like comparing the simplicity of DQ to the complex story structure of FF. Think about what you thought about the KH1 when you played it, without knowing anything about Xehanort, Ansem the Wise, Roxas, nobodies, TAV, MX, ANYTHING. Now think about KH1 with all of this in the story, the game is seen completely differently.
I'm pretty sure this is exactly what Nomura was aiming for. You thought it was a simple story, but it's actually very complex with a lot of connections between characters you didn't know about and many red herrings. This is why KH is beautiful.

namine_ftw

I do however, think that Nomura should avoid getting anymore wordy or "complex." I am finding a lot of people here are impressed with KH's so called "complexity." I disagree completely. I find that KH becoming more complex is it's biggest downfall. Nobodies are empty bodies with memories? Heartless are corrupted hearts as opposed to people without hearts? it gets a bit ridiculous with all of the terms they throw around and the 5 forms of Xehanort and Sora. It was best when they stuck with Hearltess.

This.

Being complex and "darker" does not automatically make something better. I miss the days of KH1 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back