• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas>MX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCORCH799

Well i actually am now thinking that Vanitas probably is Xehanort/Xemnas of the main series, so he might just be more evil than Master Xehanort. I'm getting the vibe from some screenshots and trailers that Vanitas' antagonism of Terra, Ven, and Aqua is in his own twisted view friendly. Which would explain why Xemnas refers to Aqua's armor as an old friend in Final Mix +. And I might be wrong, but Riku didn't adopt the same sword wielding pose as Vanitas until he began allowing darkness ("Ansem") in him (its been a while since I've battled him at Destiny Islands though), so the influence could carry over there. And in the bbs secret video, Vanitas spawns from MX, possibly why he takes his name and feels compelled to discover more about darkness after he loses his memory. Granted, they changed that in a later trailer, but I think that's because the people in charge probably thought it was too much of a giveaway and changed it to teleporting to throw people off.

Nomura has only conclusively stated that Terra, Ven, and Aqua are completely new characters and that Vanitas' identity will be revealed at the end of bbs. Who else could he be??

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
And I might be wrong, but Riku didn't adopt the same sword wielding pose as Vanitas until he began allowing darkness ("Ansem") in him (its been a while since I've battled him at Destiny Islands though), so the influence could carry over there.

A young Riku is shown to share a similar stance in a flashback in ReCoM, I believe.

Who else could he be??

Well, judging from what little of him we saw from Jump Festa trailer, I starting to think he is somehow connected to Sora. That or maybe Riku.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Well when has the true kh villain identity ever been released this early. We've known about MX's Identity for years.

I'm simply going with the KH formula we still have no idea who or wat Vanitas is or where he stands in all this.

Twilmist

I think Vanitas is just pretending to be MX apprentice because MX said to terra go a defeat the one who is disturbing the balance "Vanitas" maybe MX trained Vanitas too well that he fear Vanitas will overpower him

or maybe Vanitas wasnt even MX apprentice maybe hes a heartless or what ever the new shadow things are Vanitas just needs a cover.:confused:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Well when has the true kh villain identity ever been released this early.

When have we ever had three different scenarios that make up the entire story of a game?
When have we ever had a game that took place before KH1?
When have we ever had an enemy that was old, but was still able to kick the main characters' ass?

I'm simply going with the KH formula we still have no idea who or wat Vanitas is or where he stands in all this.

Think of it this way: We've seen MX early, making most people assume he isn't the main villain, thus him being the main villain would be unexpected to them.
We also don't exactly know what XH's Guardian was or where it stood in all of this. Does that mean it was the main villain of KH1?

MX said to terra go a defeat the one who is disturbing the balance "Vanitas"

OmniChaos said:
Lying: It's a nice way to trick and manipulate people.

or maybe Vanitas wasnt even MX apprentice maybe hes a heartless

He definitely isn't a Heartless, as they have not yet been created.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I couldn't really explain it any better than anyone else. It doesn't necessarily have to be a perception of power to understand who may be pulling the strings. Master Xehanort accepts Vanitas as his apprentice i assume and as an apprentice he has access to his Masters teachings, and his trust. If there ever became a difference of opinion between the two I'd assume it has to do with the use of darkness. I wish i could explain that better, but if Vanitas is a freak of nature consuming/ utilizing darkness like a narcissist than it's safe to say that whether he is powerful enough or not, sabotaging MX is not an unlikely event. What if MX tries to control KH or something at the end, and somehow Vanitas interrupts the infusion of power for his own benefits. It's just an example of betrayal between apprentice and Master, it wouldn't be the first story to express such a relationship.

I could identify a similar struggle between Terra and Master Eraqus's suspicions.

loke13

OmniChaos;4745963 [COLOR=blue said:
Think of it this way: We've seen MX early, making most people assume he isn't the main villain, thus him being the main villain would be unexpected to them.
We also don't exactly know what XH's Guardian was or where it stood in all of this. Does that mean it was the main villain of KH1?[/COLOR]

I would think the majority of people would think that MX is the true villian him being another form of Xehanort and all. And doing the most in the secret ending. No one would ever expect Vanitas to have a mind of his own or for that matter being the true antagonist.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I would think the majority of people would think that MX is the true villian him being another form of Xehanort and all.

And why not? There is more than enough that supports him being apart of Xehanort.

No one would ever expect Vanitas to have a mind of his own

I think it was pretty obvious he had a mind of his own...

loke13

And why not? There is more than enough that supports him being apart of Xehanort.

I think it was pretty obvious he had a mind of his own...

I am speaking past tense to when the FM ending first came out. When he split from MX.

Now sure he has a mind of his own.

SCORCH799

In addition to what I said earlier about him being Xehanort from KH1 and KH2, he is also going to have actually been spawned or been infused with part of Master Xehanort AND Ventus, hence why Ven appears to be losing parts of his memory. As we've seen in the series with Roxas and Xion being separate from Sora, it creates problems when a duplicate is made. In the 2010 Jump Festa trailer when Master Eraqus angrily tells someone offscreen they shouldn't exist, I think he is talking to Vanitas. Vanitas will probably lose his memory then and only remember Xehanort. I remember way back on some thread I read "leaked" info by a random user who said Xehanort (not Master, just Xehanort) was connected to Sora. Everyone bashed the guy saying he was making it up but I'm thinking its true now, because he is related to Ventus who looks just like Sora and probably become connected to him.

One thing though, no matter who ends up becoming Xehanort (MX, Terra, or Vanitas) there will have to be a reason they can't use the keyblade. Xemnas seemed to have regained partially his pre-amnesia memory by the time of kH2 FM+, so that will have to be explained. Though I personally think Terra cannot be Xehanort based on the fact that Nomura specifically said he is a completely new character who has not appeared.

Alchemic_Bankai

I don't understand how anyone could look at MX and not think he is the main villian. Just because he's making more appearances than Ansem SoD and Xemnas did in KH1 and KH2, doesn't mean he isn't still just as bad. He's starting to remind me of Palpatine from Star Wars.

As for who turns into Xehanort, I'm starting to like the idea of him being an Unversed, since they feed of negative emotions and Xemnas can't remember any other feelings than anger/hate/rage/etc.

SCORCH799

Yeah I agree, he's clearly the main villain.

Do we know if Unversed are "real" as in having a real body, heart, and soul?

noheartx

not really unversed are pretty secretive still and i think they are equals and people just got the idea that he was his apprentice just cuz the age difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back