• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everything is born from sleep.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Eh, this is just a random thought and [perhaps] a bit of confusion on my part, so I'd appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me.

Alright, in the JF2010 trailer, AtW/DiZ says that "everything is born from sleep". Hence the title of the game. Okay, I get that.

But I just randomly remembered a scene from the first game, the cutscene just before the final battles with Ansem SOD. It's when Riku's staring out at the open sea, and then he turns around, turns into Ansem SOD who then goes on a rant about darkness. Now, he says, "All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. ... In the end, every heart returns to the darkness from whence it came."

Okay, so, am I just confused here or is this saying that sleep and darkness are connected since they both have similarities in the sense that they both [apparently] give birth to things. Or was that just Ansem SOD's personal belief? Isn't really a theory but more of a question.

Edit: I am now questioning the mechanics of Vanitas' existence.

Edit edit: And also how the Princesses of Heart come into this.

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Eh, this is just a random thought and [perhaps] a bit of confusion on my part, so I'd appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me.

Alright, in the JF2010 trailer, AtW/DiZ says that "everything is born from sleep". Hence the title of the game. Okay, I get that.

But I just randomly remembered a scene from the first game, the cutscene just before the final battles with Ansem SOD. It's when Riku's staring out at the open sea, and then he turns around, turns into Ansem SOD who then goes on a rant about darkness. Now, he says, "All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. ... In the end, every heart returns to the darkness from whence it came."

Okay, so, am I just confused here or is this saying that sleep and darkness are connected since they both have similarities in the sense that they both [apparently] give birth to things. Or was that just Ansem SOD's personal belief? Isn't really a theory but more of a question.

Well think about it, when you are asleep your eyes are closed and when your eyes are closed all you see is pitch black. Since black is commonly associatied with darkness, one could look at this as being when you sleep all there is is darkness.

So maybe that is a possible connection, but i'm not sure though.

αsiя

space coke
Well think about it, when you are asleep your eyes are closed and when your eyes are closed all you see is pitch black. Since black is commonly associatied with darkness, one could look at this as being when you sleep all there is is darkness.

So maybe that is a possible connection, but i'm not sure though.

Make sense

So when you sleep you create darkness?

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Hmm... both of you do have a pretty good point. I'll go with what Memory Master said. He basically summed it up.

Originally Posted by Asir
So when you sleep you create darkness?

Not necassarily 'create'.

Leper Messiah

I kinda assumed that Ansem SoD was wrong... He also thought that Kingdom Hearts would "Fill him with the power of darkness" but Kingdom Hearts obviously wasn't darkness. So he could easily have been delusional with darkness being the supreme power and all... Just my thoughts.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well I can explain what I think born from sleep means. In real life we have no memories of when we were in the womb and we also have no memories of when we are asleep. So in a way pre birth and sleep are similar, so maybe in a way that sleep like existence we have in the womb is similar to being in darkness. In that way we are all born from sleep.

Key of Valor

The Professor
It was the personal belief of Ansem SoD that all things are born in darkness. I think the series suggests though that his beliefs were wrong.

I do think though that the "sleep" referenced in the trailer is meant to refer to something else other than just unconsciousness or darkness.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Well I can explain what I think born from sleep means. In real life we have no memories of when we were in the womb and we also have no memories of when we are asleep. So in a way pre birth and sleep are similar, so maybe in a way that sleep like existence we have in the womb is similar to being in darkness. In that way we are all born from sleep.

But that begs the question about Princesses of Heart.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Eh, I don't know. I'm beginning to wonder if any of this factors into Vanitas' existence.

It's possible.... The only question is 'how'. I could see the whole darkness thing. But, how could sleep factor in to Vanitas's exsistence?

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I think this is going too deep into a game that hasn't even been released. It gives us something to think about, but any answers are going to be very confusing. If you can answer these questions in a way that makes some sense you are God.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Was it actually proved that what Ansem SoD said was only fanatical belief? I mean, like someone else said, he did think that Kingdom Hearts was darkness when Sora made it light, but I thought Kingdom Hearts was subjective to the one using it?

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I'm not so sure about this subject. Ansem SoD was wrong about some things, but I don't think everything that he said was proven 'fanatical belief'.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
In truth no one is actually completely 100% sure what the real true KH is. We know it's the source of great knowledge and where all hearts are born. But no one is sure past much that what KH is.

Leper Messiah

Was it actually proved that what Ansem SoD said was only fanatical belief? I mean, like someone else said, he did think that Kingdom Hearts was darkness when Sora made it light, but I thought Kingdom Hearts was subjective to the one using it?

Is it? That may be true, but I was under the impression that Ansem SoD was the one that called for Kingdom Hearts... I could be completely wrong though.

And as Ventus Air-Man said, we don't really know what was true and what wasn't...

I'm curious, however, as to why you think this affects Vanitas?

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Is it? That may be true, but I was under the impression that Ansem SoD was the one that called for Kingdom Hearts... I could be completely wrong though.

And as Ventus Air-Man said, we don't really know what was true and what wasn't...

I'm curious, however, as to why you think this affects Vanitas?

Because Vanitas has ties to the darkness; you can see that from the Rikunort connotations and the fact that Vanitas has yellow eyes. It's never actually stated if Vanitas was born naturally (i.e. was given birth to by a woman as we assume normal characters are) or if he was created.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Sol said:

It wasn't proven, but it was suggested that he was wrong. The story Kairi's grandmother tells presents a scenario in which the world began in light and darkness came later. Then there is Kingdom Heart, the place from which all things are born. Ansem SoD tried to use the true power of Kingdom Hearts, which he thought was darkness. However, it's true power turned out to be light which in the end ultimately contradicted his beliefs.

Flickr

yeah they basically said Xehanort's Heartless was basically wrong because he's all "dark crazy" as I call him. (xD) When Ansem says this in the trailer, I always thought he was sort of talking to sora "everything is born from sleep. Yes, even you"
And I sort of associated this either with Ventus...or Kingdom Hearts itself. If that makes any sense. idk it's hard for me to explain. :/ sorry to waste time. v__v\\\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back