• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What does Nomura mean by this

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

αsiя

space coke
Nomura said:
"It is strongly recommended that you choose to "Data Install". There are three to choose from (200MB/400MB/600MB) but it is recommended that you choose the largest [600MB]. The play experience changes dramatically if you do so."

What does Nomura mean by this
Is this common for PSP games or what
If you choose the biggest one will you be able get extra stuff or more quests

tomokii

Website
tomokii.deviantart.com
Data Install just means that the game will save a few keys and stuff to your PSP's Memory Stick. :) It lets you play the game faster by lessening the load times, because loading from the Memory Stick takes less time than loading from the UMD. Hope that helped!

edit: You won't get new quests/stuff because of it. :'D

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Data Install just means that the game will save a few keys and stuff to your PSP's Memory Stick. :) It lets you play the game faster by lessening the load times, because loading from the Memory Stick takes less time than loading from the UMD. Hope that helped!

Yeah, basically this.

From what I understand, it not only lessens load times, but any lag in general that you may experience. Reading from memory is faster than reading from the UMD, so it just provides a better gameplay experience in general.

I'm definitely going to do this, I would recommend you do as well. No extra content, just faster and more flawless gameplay.

αsiя

space coke
Out of discussion
Is that why when Im playing Crisis Core it takes long ass loads

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'm doing this as well. Reading from memory stick is much faster for the game than reading it off a slow UMD, so load times should be dramatically faster, and that should be important for a game that taxes the PSP's requirements to the fullest.

αsiя

space coke
Dogen what you mean read it from the memory stick
I just bought a PSP and i dont know much about
My games do take a long time to load

crazzyBRY

i dont think FFVII crisis core have data install.. since data install was introduce last year..

btw.. can u give me the link where he says that?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
First off, if your PSP has the option, go to Options and turn UMD Caching ON. It lets the PSP store temporary stuff on the PSP's RAM to make loading times faster.

What I mean by "reading off the memory stick" is, that data on a memory stick can be loaded by the PSP MUCH faster than data can be loaded off of the laser that reads a UMD disc. So, if you let the game store more memory on your memory stick (200mb/400mb/600mb), then the game will use the memory stick more often than the UMD, meaning things will load faster and gameplay will be smoother.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
So, basically, once the UMD catching option is turned on, it will be reading from the data and run faster? And can you choose/change your memory stick to change the mb?

αsiя

space coke
First off, if your PSP has the option, go to Options and turn UMD Caching ON. It lets the PSP store temporary stuff on the PSP's RAM to make loading times faster.

What I mean by "reading off the memory stick" is, that data on a memory stick can be loaded by the PSP MUCH faster than data can be loaded off of the laser that reads a UMD disc. So, if you let the game store more memory on your memory stick (200mb/400mb/600mb), then the game will use the memory stick more often than the UMD, meaning things will load faster and gameplay will be smoother.

Im guessing that doesnt work on the 1000

Danimar

But when did Nomura talk about this? °_° [NP. I found it]
However I'll install the game: I hate slow (eternal) loadings... =_=

Malevolence

Raw Life
Does the 1000 have this option? And does it require you to have a bigger memory stick?

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
this is a good idea but i need to warn you of two things:

IT TAKES A VERY LONG TIME
and
you MUST keep your psp pluged into the charger, if it turns off mid install or YOU turn it off, it will crash

i had to learn this the hard way
EDIT: to my knowledge, you can download/ upgrade your psp 1000 to use data install

crazzyBRY

this is a good idea but i need to warn you of two things:

IT TAKES A VERY LONG TIME
and
you MUST keep your psp pluged into the charger, if it turns off mid install or YOU turn it off, it will crash

i had to learn this the hard way
EDIT: to my knowledge, you can download/ upgrade your psp 1000 to use data install

it's long if you keep watching ur psp while its installing..

it's going to be quick if your doing sumthing else while installing..

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I can assure you downloaded games dont go any faster when you do data install.If you download the game it runs at an incredibly faster rate than the UMD, even with data install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back