• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So who's the girl, then? (Axel and Saïx)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwise

Spoiler alert.

I have absolutely no idea if this is a repeat thread. Or if this is completely obvious and not worth a thread. Sorry if so. Never seen it mentioned before.

You probably noticed that Square really loves their trios in Kingdom Hearts. Specifically, they like having two guys and a girl in any particularly important group.

Sora, Riku, Kairi.
Roxas, Axel, Xion.
Ven, Terra, Aqua.
Hayner, Pence, Olette.
Special Nobodies? Roxas, Xemnas, Naminé.

Always two guys and a girl. You already know this.

Yeah, there are other trios with all guys, sure. Sora, Donald, Goofy. Doesn't matter much. Far as I can tell, all the plot-important trios are two guys and a girl, except for Sora/Donald/Goofy, I guess.

I don't want us to get off-topic talking about that, though. If it makes you feel better, mentally change the title to "So who's the third person, then?" Point is, it's always trios, and important ones are usually two guys and a girl.

So, now we got Axel and Saïx. Or rather, Lea and Not-Saïx. Let's assume they were friends before they joined the Organization (as seemed obvious from Days, but I suppose I should establish that as my premise right now so we don't get off topic over that, either). So we have two guys.

Where's the girl?

Why are they suddenly giving us a simple two-man-band? Just two guys? No trio? Why are they leaving out the girl this time? Doesn't even have to be a girl, just why are there only two people? It doesn't make sense for Square to suddenly stop using the trio motif.

Theory tiem!
If Lea shows up in BBS, and I honestly have no doubt he will, it seems like a pretty good bet that Not-Saïx will be with him. That leaves us with only 2/3 of a trio.

There will be someone else with them. Surprise!

And it will probably be a girl. Just to draw the parallels between Ven/Terra/Aqua and Sora/Riku/Kairi.

Why didn't Axel or Saïx ever mention her? I dunno, there are handwaves for that. You can probably come up with better ones than I can. Too painful? No real reason to do so? Wanted to keep it secret for some reason? They did and we didn't catch it yet? Whatever. It's not much of a plot hole if there are numerous (if lame) excuses for it.

Well, seems to me, if it's a girl, who else could it be but Not-Larxene? There are no other girls in the series. Maybe Aqua could join the party, but it seems too temporary. Soon as Aqua's gone, back to a two-man-band.

Of course, Larxene would be a helluva lot younger in BBS, since she joined the Organization so late. Maybe 13-15? Or maybe my math is wrong, I dunno. If Larxene ever showed up anywhere in BBS and not just as the third part of the trio, she'd be a lot younger than in Days/CoM.

Why didn't they recognize her? I dunno, maybe they did and decided not to mention it. Or they forgot about her or something. Or more likely, because she'd be so much older, they honestly couldn't recognize her.

So, this thread is about Axel and Saïx and why there's no one else with them.
Why would Square suddenly stop with the trio motif they had in all the other games to give us just Axel and Saïx/Lea and Not-Saïx?
Could there be another, unmentioned person to complete the trio?
Could it be Larxene? Could she show up in BBS?
Discuss?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Axel and Saix aren't that kind of duo like the others.

The main trios always have three. Axel and Saix are not a main trio.

Axel'sPetPhoenix

Website
www.chosengirls.com
Ooh good point. Maybe? We'll just have to wait and see in BBS.

Ya know what? That's actually a good something to look for when the game actually comes out! I think I will ;3

Last edited by a moderator:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No. No it isn't a good thing. It's a recurring point yes, but it more than likely won't exist for Saix and Axel.

Beyer

I think if they decided to really develop Lea and ,Quote: Not-saix (I lol at that so much), then maybe they could add a girl that they lost somehow but even then, nothing wrong with a good duo.

A

Audo

I can't see there being a girl.
Axel said he never experienced love as a Somebody (and I know they can have a girl and NOT be in love with them, but you know that's the angle they would play). I just don't see it happening.

Them being a duo is a lot better, it shows at one time they had dependence on each other, and the fact that this dependence is gone now with Days is something Saix and Axel comment on ("You've Changed", "Nothing but a pipe dream now" etc. etc.)

It works better this way.

7thspade

It could go either way. They don't NEED a girl to make their duo a trio, but there's also no reason why they can't have a girl. Buuuut I'm 100% sure it wouldn't be Not-Larxene.

Kiwise

Where Riku and Mickey's girl is.
Wait a minute...

Eh, that's true, forgot that.

I can't see there being a girl.
Axel said he never experienced love as a Somebody (and I know they can have a girl and NOT be in love with them, but you know that's the angle they would play). I just don't see it happening.

Them being a duo is a lot better, it shows at one time they had dependence on each other, and the fact that this dependence is gone now with Days is something Saix and Axel comment on ("You've Changed", "Nothing but a pipe dream now" etc. etc.)

It works better this way.

I like this. Although I don't remember Axel saying that.
I don't think there really has to be a trio, and now that you've pointed this out I agree with you completely. But I do think that despite this they'll put one in anyway, for the reasons I've already mentioned.

'Course there doesn't need to be anyone besides the two of them. Of course it doesn't need to be a girl, either. But I'd argue they would be important enough to warrant one in Square's eyes, and if they're important, they'd probably have a trio. (Not important in BBS, of course.)

I'm thinking just that they like to make Axel important, so then Saïx would end up being important too by association. Then, trio. And I think Axel will probably keep being important to the story somehow because then Square can keep whoring him out. No real reason, I guess, I just think they'll keep Axel in the story, they won't just drop him. If he's important, Saïx is too, at least peripherally. Then there's just a duo. Which just seems strange to me.

D

Deleted member 60399

As much as I love the trios still what's with this game and trios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back