• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep Not Coming to the PSP Go?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Today a demo event took place in Japan which focused on upcoming PlayStation titles, the biggest attractions being Final Fantasy XIII and of course, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Unfortunately for PSP Go owners, a rumor has surfaced that Birth by Sleep may not be available for download from the PlayStation Store.

Take a look at the pamphlet above. The reasoning for this rumor is the fact that PSP titles which are available in the PlayStation Store are supposed to have a PS Store icon next to the UMD icon. As you can see, only the UMD icon is present on the Birth by Sleep page.

There's also this Twitter post, from a fan who was attending the event, claiming that he was informed by staff working there that there would not be a downloadable version of Birth by Sleep, because Disney has not agreed to online sales of the game.

It's entirely possible that the rumor is false, and that there will be a downloadable version of the game, but if it is true, let's hope something gets worked out before the game is actually released.

Source: NeoGaf
1x1td.gif

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
If you bought a psp go
im sorry for you
and hope its a rumor

its not really fair to all of you

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
Dun dun dun.

Well, I guess the PSP Go people will need to trade-in. At least us Americanos will know if it works before hand. =D

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Keh! Haha take that Fludd!

I'm pretty sure that this descision would cost them...If it is indeed true.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
Why would you buy a go for bbs? it's like, 100$ more because it's smaller and it flips? Making the go not compatible with UMDs was a bad Idea. I'm glad I still have my original psp.

A

Azrael

Ha. It would be oh so bitter sweet for all those who bought the Go for BBS to find out they can't have BBS

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Damn now I need to buy two more PSP's. Well this is a good thing in a way, whatever happens Japan will get the outcome without knowing anything, while us Americans can just benefit from the outcome of whatever happen to Japan.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
If this is true it would keep me from buying a psp go.... i already have 2 psp and was planing on getting a go when this game hit stores... it would have even been a plus if it was a custom made like the 3000 that is coming out in japan.

(guess im staying on cfw for a while longer....)

αsiя

space coke
Haa!
now i know not to buy the PSP GO (like if i was in the first place)
I was scared at first that it might only be for the GO

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
YES!!!! This is great, I hope more psp games remain UMD exclusive, hopefully this is the first nail in the coffin for the PSP Go!!!!! I want to watch the psp Go die!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back