• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"You are the one who will open the door to the light"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Okay, quick and simple theory here.

Sora is told multiple times throughout the first Kingdom Hearts that he will open the door to the light, by the mysterious voice from his Destati. The last time it happens, it's the last line of the game - it's a dangling plot hook for the next games, and seems to be something really important.

Then, in Kingdom Hearts II, Sora finally does open the door to the light. And it's about as unimportant as it can possibly be - it's essentially a Get Out of Darkness Free card.

But, think about it. This is Kingdom Hearts. This series loves drawing massive, terrible consequences out of things that seem to be purely beneficial. Just look at how much of CoM, KH2, and Days happened because Sora sacrificed himself in Hollow Bastion.

Now, think about this for a second: Sora opened a door to the light on the very edge of the Dark Realm. What if that door's still open? If it is, and KH3 involves the results of that, the mysterious voice's reminders would actually start to make sense again.

I just wish I had a better idea of what the consequences of opening a door to the light would be. =/ The obvious one would be the appearance of creatures from the Dark Realm in the Realm of Light, which could be interesting. But, I get the feeling that whatever happens in KH3 will be less predictable than that, and more closely related to the events of Birth By Sleep.

Speculation could still be fun, of course.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I also believe the Door to Light had other significant effects that will play a key role in KH3.

When Sora asked Riku about what the Door to Light was, Riku pointed to Sora's heart. Opening the Door to Light has never had anything to do with the Keyblade, it's always been about Sora's heart. I believe by opening the Door to Light, the nature of Sora's heart has changed in some way. I think it now possesses a certain quality that may be brought up in KH3.

In KH3, I think some antagonist who is well aware of the vast value and plentiful applications of Sora's heart will pursue to seize Sora's heart for their dark intentions, or that antagonist may try to extinguish Sora's light completely to make sure he can't pose a threat.

The best way to get at Sora's heart is to aim for his weaknesses, which are the things and people he cares about. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to corrupt Sora's heart in a similar way to whatever happens to Terra's heart.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
I also believe the Door to Light had other significant effects that will play a key role in KH3.

When Sora asked Riku about what the Door to Light was, Riku pointed to Sora's heart. Opening the Door to Light has never had anything to do with the Keyblade, it's always been about Sora's heart. I believe by opening the Door to Light, the nature of Sora's heart has changed in some way. I think it now possesses a certain quality that may be brought up in KH3.

In KH3, I think some antagonist who is well aware of the vast value and plentiful applications of Sora's heart will pursue to seize Sora's heart for their dark intentions, or that antagonist may try to extinguish Sora's light completely to make sure he can't pose a threat.

The best way to get at Sora's heart is to aim for his weaknesses, which are the things and people he cares about. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to corrupt Sora's heart in a similar way to whatever happens to Terra's heart.

Nicely said, and if u notice in the kh2fm secret ending trailer you will notice how MX freezes Ven then gets a dark ball of energy from him(I think it's from Ven) and with it he summoned KH. I think there was a connection between Ventus and KH clearly since he summoned kh right after he froze him, I mean if he could do it without ven he would have already done it in the battle.

Erauqs

I think the door to light that Sora made is similar to the corridors of darkness...
Noruma said that it would be touched upon later. I have a feeling that Terra, Aqua, and Ventus (maybe not all of them) will be able to open 'doors to light' in BBS.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Nicely said, and if u notice in the kh2fm secret ending trailer you will notice how MX freezes Ven then gets a dark ball of energy from him(I think it's from Ven) and with it he summoned KH. I think there was a connection between Ventus and KH clearly since he summoned kh right after he froze him, I mean if he could do it without ven he would have already done it in the battle.
Nice hypothesis, but if you look closely, you see his keyblade in his hand before it transforms into the dark ball. it obviously came from his keyblade. he just summoned it right after freezing Ven, because, at that point, TVA had all been defeated, to some extent.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I fail to see what was a "door" in that thing. :\ Not to mention that with all the hype that pulled over it, I'd hope the DtL would do more than just send Sora and Riku home, something they could've pulled just as easily had Riku still been capable of controling CoDs.
Until someone other than Sora says that was the DtL, I wouldn't consider it as such. I mean... I love him and all, but it's Sora. He's not the most reliable source of information.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
Nice hypothesis, but if you look closely, you see his keyblade in his hand before it transforms into the dark ball. it obviously came from his keyblade. he just summoned it right after freezing Ven, because, at that point, TVA had all been defeated, to some extent.

Aso he summons the ball of energy in Olympus Coliseum without even touching Ven.

Yeah u two see that part, but notice how he only makes the ball of energy around Ven and how could a keyblade turn into a dark ball of energy? Notice how he gets the ball of energy though in the secret ending, he looks like he's grabing it from Ven's direction and why else would the darkball only appear in front of meeting Ven in olympus collesium and not the rest unless he wants something that only Ventus can give him the "key/answer" to finding or obtaining. face it, somehow Ven's heart was connected to summoning kingdomhearts.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
That's a loose assumption at best. The Keyblade turned into the dark orb.

That's what I'm sayin! How in the world is the keyblade able to turn into a freakin dark orb, and notice in olympus collesium how he didn't even summon his keyblade their to make it so that wipes out that assumption. And I proved ma point.

A

Audo

That's what I'm sayin! How in the world is the keyblade able to turn into a freakin dark orb, and notice in olympus collesium how he didn't even summon his keyblade their to make it so that wipes out that assumption. And I proved ma point.
How in the world is Ven's heart supposed to magically apparate and turn into a dark orb?

Or better yet, how in the world is a Keyblade supposed to magically transform into a vehicle? (It does.)

The Keyblade is "magical" and clearly, there is a lot more we don't know about how it works.

Jumpcolour

Actually, if u watched clearly, the ball of black energy is actually Xehanorts keyblade

Erauqs

Actually, if u watched clearly, the ball of black energy is actually Xehanorts keyblade

As we just pointed out, Xehanort summons the energy ball without a keyblade. He does this in the in-game graphics, which are more credible than the Birth By Sleep concept video as of right now.

boo_shoe2000

MAybe the Door to Light was never in Sora's heart but in Ven's since Master Xehanort was looking for it so badly(tgs 07 trailer) to achieve another path to Kingdom Hearts since the darkness in the birth by sleep era was still weak and those who succumb to it are like outcasts. Riku may have just accidentally made Sora open it when he said it was with him through some cheesy conversations which really disturbs every bone in my body.

A

Audo

As we just pointed out, Xehanort summons the energy ball without a keyblade. He does this in the in-game graphics, which are more credible than the Birth By Sleep concept video as of right now.
Just because he summons the dark orb in the trailer doesnt mean it's the same thing as the one he summons in the secret ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back