• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Ven?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Seriously? Over-analyzing - The retard side of theories.

Ven, is short of Ventus, not because it is significant, but because it's simply a nickname. Another reason for them call him Ven is because Ventus and Vanitas sound and look alike. They probably wanted something to seperate them, so they gave a nickname to one of them.

If you theory was even remotely true, Nomura would have mentioned something like "The reason why his name is shortened is somewhat important" instead of just "Ven is a nickname that is short for Ventus".

H

Heolstor

Seriously? Over-analyzing - The retard side of theories.

Ven, is short of Ventus, not because it is significant, but because it's simply a nickname. Another reason for them call him Ven is because Ventus and Vanitas sound and look alike. They probably wanted something to seperate them, so they gave a nickname to one of them.

I think its better to just call him Ventus anyway. Makes the apparent rivalry they are supposed to have even stronger to me.

Radon

mofo
While I do believe he has a close connection with Vanitas, I think that the name Ven is just a nickname. But it did strike me odd how they formally revealed his full name after they called him Ven as if it was spoiler-ish.

Erauqs

I had to get in on this...lol
I'm pretty sure I's just a nickname. If my mama named me Ventus , I'd have a nickname, too. But if anyone can give it deeper meaning, it's Nomura

A

Audo

Actually, apparently, if anyone can give it a meaning it's crackpot fans.

Lamentation

They call him Ven because they're just too lazy to say his whole name.
Come on.. This isn't even worth it to post a reply

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
why is ventus just called "ven"?

ven is only half of his name, so does that mean some "half" of him is gone?

this is just assuming that it's important to the plot
its nothing important really XD
ven is short for ventus, people who dont wanna say ventus or think its too long just go with ven.

its not only done with ven but other names too so dont think about it too much XD

Allister Rose

French Lover
its nothing important really XD
ven is short for ventus, people who dont wanna say ventus or think its too long just go with ven.

its not only done with ven but other names too so dont think about it too much XD

i have only seen anagrams and acronyms but toher than those i have yet to see the reason to merely shortening his name without being important again there wouldnt be no point in making a nickname if it has no plot to it

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
i have only seen anagrams and acronyms but toher than those i have yet to see the reason to merely shortening his name without being important again there wouldnt be no point in making a nickname if it has no plot to it

1. Ven is a nickname.
2. It's been said by Nomura
3. Are you serious?
4. You are a complete f*cking retard
/Thread

Allister Rose

French Lover
1.Ven is a nickname.
3. Are you serious?
/Thread

nope not a retard, only one who believes the nickname is relevant to the story. which again, i presented the idea in a far too casual way.

maybe if you follow the trend of Ventus and vanitas information that we've been getting, than you could see what i mean by half of ven is missing. it's not that different from Roxas and Sora. in the game thechnically refer eachother to "halves"

so in this game, his name has been shortened. assuming the constant pattern of name significance (when dealing with anagrams and acronyms and what not), shortened allows me to speculate that it has some sort of meaning.

just like how xigbar calls Poppet,which is old english for puppet, i tihnk japanese had a different spelling that was puppet in french, still it had relevance to the story.

Days hinted the relvance of nicknames and if 358/2 days has some connection to BBS, i'm guessing the situation is similar

Key of Valor

The Professor
Most people (including myself) would agree that "Ven" is just a nickname for "Ventus" and is not real significant past that.

However, I suppose it's possible that the shortened name "Ven" could be relevant to the plot somehow.

My questions are though, if the change of "Ven" to "Ventus" was done to represent that half of Ven was gone, who would decide to make that change? And why would they care to change his name? And why would Ven's friends go along with it, and address him by something which would be a constant reminder that Ven had lost half of his own self?

Those are some questions that come up when suggesting the name Ven has significance. It's easier to just say Ven is a nickname. But names in the KH series do seem to have their own intricate meanings, so it's possible that "Ven" is of importance.

But nicknames don't always need to be important. I believe the "Zexy" example was already brought up to establish that.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Most people (including myself) would agree that "Ven" is just a nickname for "Ventus" and is not real significant past that.

However, I suppose it's possible that the shortened name "Ven" could be relevant to the plot somehow.

My questions are though, if the change of "Ven" to "Ventus" was done to represent that half of Ven was gone, who would decide to make that change? And why would they care to change his name? And why would Ven's friends go along with it, and address him by something which would be a constant reminder that Ven had lost half of his own self?

Those are some questions that come when suggesting the name Ven has significance. It's easier to just say Ven is a nickname. But names in the KH series do seem to have their own intricate meanings, so it's possible that "Ven" is of importance.

But nicknames don't always need to be important. I believe the "Zexy" example was already brought up to establish that.

recent scans suggest Ventus has gone beserk, so what i am thinking is something happened to ven to lose some sort of "half" of him just to control him. seems Ventus is oblivious to the situationa nd apparently has no memory of master xehanort when seen in olympus colleseum.

so he has no memories of the situation therefore he is oblivious. who started the name? i am guessing either master xehanort (while still seemingly good) or Master Eraqus. Eraqus probably informed ventus. Terra and Aqua hiding the meaning behind it, an ds imply just calling it a "normal" nickname

as seen in the trailer, when terra says "thank you...ven" when ever he says "ven" it just doesnt sound natural

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
nope not a retard, only one who believes the nickname is relevant to the story. which again, i presented the idea in a far too casual way.

maybe if you follow the trend of Ventus and vanitas information that we've been getting, than you could see what i mean by half of ven is missing. it's not that different from Roxas and Sora. in the game thechnically refer eachother to "halves"

so in this game, his name has been shortened. assuming the constant pattern of name significance (when dealing with anagrams and acronyms and what not), shortened allows me to speculate that it has some sort of meaning.

just like how xigbar calls Poppet,which is old english for puppet, i tihnk japanese had a different spelling that was puppet in french, still it had relevance to the story.

Days hinted the relvance of nicknames and if 358/2 days has some connection to BBS, i'm guessing the situation is similar

1. Ven is a nickname.
3. Are you serious?
/Thread

> . >

Key of Valor

The Professor
Allister Rose said:
recent scans suggest Ventus has gone beserk, so what i am thinking is something happened to ven to lose some sort of "half" of him just to control him. seems Ventus is oblivious to the situationa nd apparently has no memory of master xehanort when seen in olympus colleseum.

so he has no memories of the situation therefore he is oblivious. who started the name? i am guessing either master xehanort (while still seemingly good) or Master Eraqus. Eraqus probably informed ventus. Terra and Aqua hiding the meaning behind it, an ds imply just calling it a "normal" nickname

as seen in the trailer, when terra says "thank you...ven" when ever he says "ven" it just doesnt sound natural

Hm... I see.

I personally believe that Ven will lose half (or some larger portion) of himself like you suggest. But at the same time, I feel the name "Ven" is just an unrelated nickname, and I guess I only say that because the difference between "Ven" and "Ventus" is not real significant.

The difference is too small to be some "big reveal", and too small for someone to bother to want to change it.

If they wanted to alter Ven's name to mean "half of Ventus" they should have altered his name to something to directly reflect that definition... like "Semi-Ventus" or something. But I guess "Ven" could still work as well someone if cared enough to deem it a necessary change.

However, Ven seems to have been referred as "Ven" as early as the Land of Departure, so exactly when beforehand would Ven lose half himself?

FallenVirgo

This thread shouldn't even be up anymore... Really Allister Rose?? I thought, albeit quite needlessly agrumentative and a know-it-all, you gave the impression that you really did know your stuff. And I was starting to look past your unappealing demeanor and realize how much you know about this stuff ^_^

But then you posted this piece of crap you call a theory. No matter how you "present" it. It's still a a peice of crap.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Hm... I see.

I personally believe that Ven will lose half (or some larger portion) of himself like you suggest. But at the same time, I feel the name "Ven" is just an unrelated nickname, and I guess I only say that because the difference between "Ven" and "Ventus" is not real significant.

The difference is too small to be some "big reveal", and too small for someone to bother to want to change it.

If they wanted to alter Ven's name to mean "half of Ventus" they should have altered his name to something to directly reflect that definition... like "Semi-Ventus" or something. But I guess "Ven" could still work as well someone if cared enough to deem it a necessary change.

However, Ven seems to have been referred as "Ven" as early as the Land of Departure, so exactly when beforehand would Ven lose half himself?
idk, lissar translated it as "ventus" whenever spoken in the land of departure" . i have yet to see terra or aqua speak to ventus directly. But Master eraqus appears to callh im ventus. i know that's not saying much, but the theory is that the nickname ven coincides with the thoery that ven has been altered. Also Semi-Ven wouldnt be "discrete" , again, ven is oblivious to the meannig behind his nickname

This thread shouldn't even be up anymore... Really Allister Rose?? I thought, albeit quite needlessly agrumentative and a know-it-all, you gave the impression that you really did know your stuff. And I was starting to look past your unappealing demeanor and realize how much you know about this stuff ^_^

But then you posted this piece of crap you call a theory. No matter how you "present" it. It's still a a peice of crap.

sigh....by present, i mean add all the hints that it could have meaning. which by there is a considerable ammount. if you dont tihnk it's possible than fine. but i just dont like the excuse of "just a nickname"

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
funny, you cant come up with anything else. so why don you jsut stop.....i get it ZIon you feel superior therefore dont feel the need to give new explanation. but i'm not buying it

What is that i have to say that would make a difference from what i have posted before. It's not a response to represent superiority, Otherwise i'd unnecessarily be degrading everyone with a theory that isn't plausible like a mimic of PMF. Fine i'll add my two cents to the obvious :/, When Nomura gave first info on the name of the three knights ppl scattered to find the connections that would be made with Sora, Riku, and Kairi. No one had a clue of Ven's name other than that Nomura claimed it was longer. At this point things such as their names and their looks were still in development so the possibility was that out of any connection or latin translations for air there were numerous amounts of names beginning with Ven such as ventil, ventifact, ventiduct, ventum.....get it? It wasn't finalized until Nomura confirmed it was Ventus, in which we could assume he finally found a name for his character. Ven has no connection or relation to any element unless given the full name thus Ven is just considered as a nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back