• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Significance of the title

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstoppableSound

The thing with Sora/Roxas was more so that it was 358 days that they were separated.
When Roxas was put into the fake Twilight Town, he was essentially in Sora's Heart/Memories, meaning they werent truly separate.

That's how the case for that goes.

If you ask me, Xion/Roxas is the "obvious" two people, that aren't it.

No it definitely is Xion & Roxas that share the 358 days. It's proven throughout the game by devoting the entire story to those two characters, and more specifically by how the keyblade's power fluctuates in between the two. It's pretty obvious that those are the two that it really applies to.

The reason Sora & Roxas are the false duo that people would assume to be correct is because before the game came out, people didn't know who Xion was or what kind of a connection she had to Sora and Roxas. Therefore, people assumed that because Roxas was Sora's Nobody, that was the only connection established.

A

Audo

No it definitely is Xion & Roxas that share the 358 days. It's proven throughout the game by devoting the entire story to those two characters, and more specifically by how the keyblade's power fluctuates in between the two. It's pretty obvious that those are the two that it really applies to.

The reason Sora & Roxas are the false duo that people would assume to be correct is because before the game came out, people didn't know who Xion was or what kind of a connection she had to Sora and Roxas. Therefore, people assumed that because Roxas was Sora's Nobody, that was the only connection established.
Given the fact that Nomura himself said that fans could come up with multiple scenarios as to who the two people are, and he wasn't going to outwardly say who it really refers to, then no, it is not "definitely" Xion and Roxas. It's left up in the air on purpose.

The fact is, there is no true answer.

Given how Xion wasn't even a true component until seven days in (and the means of her existence wasn't truly gathered until six days in) I don't believe she is the one the title refers to. But, that's why they call it an opinion.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And yet Xion was a far more present existence in the story than Axel. Even the time periods in which she was missing were not only given explanation, but were also given a lot more attention from the people around her.
Even Axel going at times to Castle Oblivion were 1) more often and longer than Xion wasn't around, 2) somewhat shrugged at, in comparison.
And even if not, you have the lengths of his absence making it hardly his story that lapped 358 Days in the game.

A

Audo

This is going to be the most rehashed thread in the Days section.
There will never be a correct answer, so, this is just going to happen over and over again until Nomura decides to just outwardly say it.

baconbits

Wow I didn't realize what a controversial thread this was going to turn out to be. I thought there was an outright answer I was overlooking or something. But I didn't know Nomura intended it to be "hazy"

Ralor Penwat

Uh, no, sorry. The virtual Twilight Town wasn't in Sora. Diz created it to both hide Roxas from the Organization and keep him occupied While Namine finished her work. Plus, Sora actually passes through the virtual Twilight Town on his way to The World That Never Was.
1. SAR say so. SAR never lie.
2. True
3. No. That was the real Twilight Town. It's that A. Diz built all twilight town to replicate the real one. This includes Twilight Mansion. The double Twilight Towns were TT/TWTNW.

The Data Twilight Town was a world created within Sora's memories (Secret Ansem Reports). It was controlled and what not through the actual computer, but it was connected directly to Sora's memories/heart. By putting Roxas in there, he WAS in line with Sora's heart/memories. How else do you think he was able to fuse with Sora at the end of his seven days if they werent directly connected?
This.

Also, it makes more sense why TT looked familiar to Sora through it being through the VTT being in his memories than through Roxas.

libraxege

Website
www.facebook.com
Well guys...if u think about it...358 are the days roxas was in the organization. He met xion the 7th or 8th day right? so it couldnt be 358 together (roxas and xion), becouse it would be 351/2 days. Neither would be the days spent in the organization for roxas and xion because xion HAS NEVER BEEN in the organization! She was just a puppet. Then I might say that would leave roxas of course and the other maybe axel!

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
3. No. That was the real Twilight Town. It's that A. Diz built all twilight town to replicate the real one. This includes Twilight Mansion. The double Twilight Towns were TT/TWTNW.

TWTNW =\= VTLTW :\ that makes no sense.

Also, it makes more sense why TT looked familiar to Sora through it being through the VTT being in his memories than through Roxas.

Memories of TLTW were pulled out of Sora in Re:CoM without him ever being there.I think it points rather nicely the reason he thought TLTW was familiar was because he ate Roxas up by then.
It also ties in with, you know, Roxas crying through him when they're leaving and all.

Well guys...if u think about it...358 are the days roxas was in the organization. He met xion the 7th or 8th day right? so it couldnt be 358 together (roxas and xion), becouse it would be 351/2 days. Neither would be the days spent in the organization for roxas and xion because xion HAS NEVER BEEN in the organization! She was just a puppet. Then I might say that would leave roxas of course and the other maybe axel!

It doesn't matter she wasn't in the Org, what matters is that she was there to share the Days with Roxas.
And we don't know when exactly she was created, iirc. Just when her link to Sora's Memories was established, being 6 Days in. Seeing how Roxas was the reason why they even bothered with Vexen's project to make it a goal for the Organization, I think it ties her closely to him.

UnstoppableSound

Say what you want about any opinion being a possibility, but when it comes down to it, the true answers are always obvious. You can go ahead and believe whatever the hell you want, but that just makes you ignorant and oblivious to the truth. So have fun with your pretend answers.

razym

Just to clarify for everyone else. Regarding the quote that you posted, spoken by Nomura:

The original two that were expected to "share the 358 days" were Sora & Roxas. However, we all know that what Nomura was trying to put across was that the time period was shared by Roxas & Xion.

I see what you mean, but...

Can't the same thing about the significance of the title be applied to Axel as well as Xion? Axel was there about the same length as Xion was. In fact, the story is about three people: Roxas, Xion, and Axel.

So, Xion is gone. Weren't those 358 days shared with Axel too? Xion was gone for a while, and Axel was too. A few members were gone too. Still, they were there constantly (and sometimes on and off)

Maybe Nomura said that for a reason. The reason is that it was in fact shared between Roxas and all the members that survive into KH2. They all shared the experiences with Roxas for 358 days.

So, in fact, the real answer is... Roxas and ______ are what the title implies. For those 358 days, he constantly interacted with ______ and they shared experiences.

A

Audo

Say what you want about any opinion being a possibility, but when it comes down to it, the true answers are always obvious. You can go ahead and believe whatever the hell you want, but that just makes you ignorant and oblivious to the truth. So have fun with your pretend answers.
lol. So bitchy.
It's open to interpretation. There is no true answer. You not accepting THAT makes you more ignorant.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Roxas is the one that has nothing to do with the title? XD
lol i was actually playing with that idea. It'd be QUITE THE SHOCK.

Nomura: "ho ho ho, you thought Roxas/Xion? ho ho ho, it was really... RIKU/DEMYX! ho ho ho"

UnstoppableSound

lol. So bitchy.
It's open to interpretation. There is no true answer. You not accepting THAT makes you more ignorant.

lol i was actually playing with that idea. It'd be QUITE THE SHOCK.

Nomura: "ho ho ho, you thought Roxas/Xion? ho ho ho, it was really... RIKU/DEMYX! ho ho ho"

Damn it. Why do I always come off being bitchy?
I'm sorry, I apologize. It just translates into my tone when I don't mean to put it in.

I also believe Axel doesn't apply to the 358 days being shared. He's not a main main character.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
he's like a supporting actor in a romantic comedy.

the guy you recognize and who helps drive the plot, but the movie isn't actually about him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back