• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Eraqus (?) and Land of Departure

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
So we finally get to see there master, pictured him differnt but i think Pat morita would of played a great VA for him but he died a couple years ago, i pictured him to have like white hair and older looking.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
Master Eraqus is interesting name for an interesting looking character. I can't wait to see him! He looks a samurai master.

Land of Departure, somehow I feel like a 'Disney' like world too but can't place my finger on it, if not, eithier way, original or Disney, it'll be interesting to see!

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
i wanna see him in knight form or whatever he wears thats not his regular clothes.... im pretty sure he can hang in a battle .

I'm pretty sure that whoever he's fighting, that person is scared shitless :wink:

Lazybones

That's cool how they designed TAV's master after Sakaguchi.

Reminds me of how on Avatar, they designed Sokka's master after the martial arts master on the show, Sifu Kisu.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Okay, I understand what you're getting but come on, his face is indeed similar to Sakaguchi, and his face is based on him. I mean for what else the KH team would name this character 'Master Eraqsu' and just how would they based Eraqsu's face look to that of a japanese samurai man face look from.

Sakaguchi was known there as the 'Square Master' or 'Square Teacher' for him being the man who started Square's step to gaming rpg and the birth of Final Fantasy, hence, the name of the character 'Master Eraqsu'. Like what Mr. Wilheim says, maybe this character they created is possibly dedicated to him.

Even if you still not convinced that his face is based on Sakaguchi, we just have to wait for the next BBS interview scan on the Board System and Master Eraqsu's design. Maybe Nomura might give us some info. :/
I have never heard of the title 'Square Master' or 'Square Teacher'. Enlighten me with your sources. :p

But for the sake of the possibility, let's compare them through a photo.

hironobusakaguchi1.png
master.jpg

Now tell me the similarity. They're Asian. Well bravo, that's one hell of a similarity.

If they wanted him to look like Sakaguchi, they'd do that. Look at Jack Sparrow in KH2. They know how to do that.

This character does. not. look. like. Sakaguchi.

- face shape (round, thin, etc)
- eyes (small, big, etc)
- stache
- beard
- hairstyle

It's all different.

The fact that his name is based on SQUARE only points in the direction of Disney and Square-Enix. All we seen so far is Disney material in the game, so this is a hint that Square is still at play. That's the only conclusion one should make.

zillagod

I have never heard of the title 'Square Master' or 'Square Teacher'. Enlighten me with your sources. :p

But for the sake of the possibility, let's compare them through a photo.

hironobusakaguchi1.png
master.jpg

Now tell me the similarity. They're Asian. Well bravo, that's one hell of a similarity.

If they wanted him to look like Sakaguchi, they'd do that. Look at Jack Sparrow in KH2. They know how to do that.

This character does. not. look. like. Sakaguchi.

- face shape (round, thin, etc)
- eyes (small, big, etc)
- stache
- beard
- hairstyle

It's all different.

The fact that his name is based on SQUARE only points in the direction of Disney and Square-Enix. All we seen so far is Disney material in the game, so this is a hint that Square is still at play. That's the only conclusion one should make.

Well they may not have wanted him to look exactly like Mr. Sakaguchi. You know like a homage to him rather than him being directly inserted into the game, that would make sense to me. Still it doesn't have to be based of anyone I don't suppose.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
i think its just on the other side of the world.....so i think LoD and sunset horizon are in the same world.
Land of Departure in the little pictures on that scan is very colorful. Sunset Horizons severely lacks in the color department. Basically, Land of Departure seems to draw heavily on Disney themes for design and color whereas Sunset Horizons seems to draw upon more Square themes for design and color. I highly doubt they're two parts of the same world. Seriously, you are saying that Erauqs would be going batshit crazy searching for Xehanort when he's RIGHT THERE in Erauqs' backyard? Lol. You also think he'd just sit around while Xehanort is gathering Kingdom Hearts in the skies above Erauqs' World? :\ Doubtful.
they aint related ! so what if they have same color shoes .....i wonder how they fit their hair in those helmets !
Uh... The "same color shoes" definitely is important. Notice how Terra, Aqua, and Ventus all wear similar armor. I would put money on that Armor being Armor used specifically by Master Erauqs and his apprentices. It's not much of a stretch at all to say he wears similar armor. As to how he gets his hair into that helmet... Maybe he wears a hairnet? :O Or his helmet has a small pocket of Hammerspace, allowing his hair to hide away without getting caught in the seams in the metal. That or he just doesn't use a helmet because he's that epic.

:D

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Well they may not have wanted him to look exactly like Mr. Sakaguchi. You know like a homage to him rather than him being directly inserted into the game, that would make sense to me. Still it doesn't have to be based of anyone I don't suppose.
Obviously, you can always find a reason why he doesn't look like Sakaguchi but still should be like him. But that doesn't proof anything. That's just a subjective point of view.

Until Square confirms this assumption from a guy from Kotaku who started the article and with it the whole chain of sources claiming the same thing, his name refers to Square-Enix being a part of the KH franchise.
Not Sakaguchi. The Kingdom Hearts team has not much conneciton with Sakaguchi neither, other than that the worked for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back