• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ummmm.. Axel Roxas? Whats Your Opinion o.O?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xTsukasa

I was never really a supporter of the whole axel and roxas being "more than friends" fangirl theory at all. But after playing 358/2 i couldnt help but notice they kinda layed it on thick there. Anyone else think so ??? Let the arguments begin.

xTsukasa

in your display pic it shows zexions book as "book of doom". are you sure he just doesnt have a deathnote?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
But after playing 358/2 i couldnt help but notice they kinda layed it on thick there. Anyone else think so ???

Sorry but how the HELL did they lay it on thick?
My friends and I always say we love each other and Roxas and Axel never even said it. They don't have hearts. They didn't do anything outside of the norm of what friends normally do: hang out, help one another and talk about stuff on their minds.

If anything, I thought Axel had an odd concern for Roxas in KH2, but after playing 358/2 I understand their friendship much better.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Opinion? I love them.

Not as "lovers" though. As brothers.

If they were in love, Axel would have admitted it in that "love" discussion they had, and not make friendship and romantic relationship sound different. And guess what Axel calls Roxas all the time?

Friends and best friends.

Yes, even in his Secret Reports.

Roxas looks up to him, views him as someone who "knows everything", and talks to him for guidance. If that's not big brother/little brother vibes, I don't know what is. And hanging out with Roxas and Xion remind Axel of his childhood memories.

It's fine with how you want to view them as. But calling it canon is out there.

xTsukasa

Opinion? I love them.

Not as "lovers" though. As brothers.

If they were in love, Axel would have admitted it in that "love" discussion they had, and not make friendship and romantic relationship sound different. And guess what Axel calls Roxas all the time?

Friends and best friends.

Yes, even in his Secret Reports.

Roxas looks up to him, views him as someone who "knows everything", and talks to him for guidance. If that's not big brother/little brother vibes, I don't know what is. And hanging out with Roxas and Xion remind Axel of his childhood memories.

That makes sense. yet about the love part, neither of them really know what it is so axel couldnt really have said whether he was or not i think. Also roxas is only a year oldish by the end of the game and to him friendship is eating ice cream with someone after a mission (kind shown in the last scene of him and xion when he mentions icecream). so i dont think they really know what context theyre using all these words in

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm sure Axel knew what he was talking about with the term "love".

Just didn't come out well when trying to explain it to Roxas.

Like his woman advice.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
yet about the love part, neither of them really know what it is so axel couldnt really have said whether he was or not i think.

Axel knows. He remembers his past before he was a nobody, so I'm sure he had some relationships or something before then. As they said, they remember love, but they can't reproduce the feeling.

Rix

:)
Awards
Weird... I didn't really see AkuRoku in the first place and I'm seeing it even less now after playing Days.

A

Audo

Lay it on thick? From what I've played of Days so far it actually diffuses most of the possible gay from KH2 and makes their friendship seem like a real actual friendship and not a gay pedo love affair.

Axel knows. He remembers his past before he was a nobody, so I'm sure he had some relationships or something before then. As they said, they remember love, but they can't reproduce the feeling.
Uh, actually. Axel explains that he hasn't ever experienced love. Which would include his time before becoming a Nobody.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
The only thing I saw that was close to a love-like sort of thing was Roxas and Xion. =/

3keybladewielder

C2's Warlock
he is roxas and sora's pal

While as Roxas' mentor in the first half of 358/2 Days, Axel is reassigned to Castle Oblivion during the events of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, pretending to join with Larxene and Marluxia in their plan to seize control of the Organization. To gain their trust, he kills Vexen when ordered by Marluxia. He then derails the plans by setting Naminé free so she can reveal the truth about Sora's manipulated memories to him. Axel then confronts Marluxia to finish the job, only to be forced to fight Sora instead. After Sora defeats him, Axel states the existence of their relation before vanishing. Axel later enlists the aid of the Riku Replica to get rid of Zexion in Castle Oblivion's basement levels. When Axel returns, he and Roxas befriend Xion, the fourteenth member of the Organization who, unknown to them, is an imperfect replica of Sora created by Xemnas. After discovering this, Roxas leaves the Organization; Axel attempts to persuade Roxas to stay with the Organization mainly out of fear of what Xemnas and the others would do to him

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
well I never wanted to believe it,

but Nomura kinda emphasized the "more than friends" thing alot between them.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
Uh, actually. Axel explains that he hasn't ever experienced love. Which would include his time before becoming a Nobody.
Maybe he's never experienced true love. You can't really tell from that discussion what Axel was like as a somebody. He knows that girls are trouble, which means that he's clearly had interactions with girls when he was a somebody and can remember that clearly. Maybe whatever girl he was interested in just didn't work out, so he figured it couldn't have been love. Besides, you don't have to experience love to know what love is.

I was never really a supporter of the whole axel and roxas being "more than friends" fangirl theory at all. But after playing 358/2 i couldnt help but notice they kinda layed it on thick there. Anyone else think so ??? Let the arguments begin.
I never bought into the whole axel/roxas thing because I never saw it. I guess it's because I'm not immature. :\

They are more than friends. They're best friends. They would go through hell and back for each other. It's true friendship, and there's nothing homo erotic about it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
that's how it portrayed that they are in love with each other but do not know what it is since they got no heart

Just wow..
Love is never emphasized between them.
They ALWAYS describe each other as best friends, and there's never a hint of any strange affection between them outside of their normal concern as best friends.

Nomura never emphasized them being "more than friends", Roxas was simply curious about love when he witnessed it at Beast's Castle, and like any curious youth, asked his friend and role-model what it was, who tried to explain it to him but really couldn't to someone who can't feel what it is. There was never any love mentioned between the three of them, Axel simply tried to explain what a love beyond friends was and he couldn't.

Stupid fangirls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back