• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding World Re-Usage

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstoppableSound

Yo.

So I noticed A LOT of people (members of KHInsider forums, people I know who play the game, and even reviews from big-name game magazines) have been docking points from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days' score because the worlds that you visit in Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts II have been recycled.

My question is, has anyone spoken at all about how they've changed each and every world's map and story completely? It's not like in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories where it's actually a repeat of everything that happened (this was infuriating by the way). So far, every world I've visited is completely different. I love how they've added extra secret areas that you couldn't access in any of the other games, such as in the Beast's Castle the secret door that leads into the hidden passage, or in Agrabah how the hidden cave looks completely different. Plus, the story (if there is any) is completely different in every level, and is original, like the sandstorm-heartless connection in Agrabah. Also, there are so many different types of missions that does anyone really even pay attention to where they are? I mean I'm so preoccupied with doing the mission or challenge that I barely even care where I am, it's the mission that is important (wow I sound like Saix or something).

In the end, I think they really did a good job refreshing each world, especially with the brand new heartless swarming everywhere. I don't find it that big of an issue at all, and I welcome it since it adds some familiarity. There's just so much new content in this game that having these old worlds to visit keeps it from going out of control. Plus, it ties in really well with the future events that happen in each world, so that's interesting as well.

The game is amazing and I don't see how anyone could not like it. I believe it is my favorite game in the series so far (yet to try Final Mix+ though). I mean really, I'm controlling Axel. How amazing is that? Lol.

P.S
Larxene is a hoe.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I completely agree, I thought I'd hate playing recycled worlds for the 5th time, but they are the most different I've ever seen them. The mission variety's within them are amazing, and there is tons of platforming and puzzle solving involved. These worlds are surprisingly charming compared to CoM and in some cases KH2 and KH1.

So thumbs up!

UnstoppableSound

I completely agree, I thought I'd hate playing recycled worlds for the 5th time, but they are the most different I've ever seen them. The mission variety's within them are amazing, and there is tons of platforming and puzzle solving involved. These worlds are surprisingly charming compared to CoM and in some cases KH2 and KH1.

So thumbs up!

Cheers brother. I completely agree.

S

Shadow Soldier

Different worlds would've been nice, but meh. The only gripe I have, is the levels are too small I find. Maybe it's just me.

Also, if you don't like any of the other Kingdom Hearts, this one won't draw you in.

UnstoppableSound

Different worlds would've been nice, but meh. The only gripe I have, is the levels are too small I find. Maybe it's just me.

Also, if you don't like any of the other Kingdom Hearts, this one won't draw you in.

Of course it would have been nice, but then again, having something familiar that ties in the series' is good too. Yeah they're pretty small, but considering the amount of missions spread across them, it works well. Also, can you imagine doing missions in huge maps? They would take forever to accomplish, and there would be much fewer of them, so really, it's important that they are small.

That's true. If I didn't love the series as much as I do, I'd be really damn confused. Even though chronologically this comes in right after Kingdom Hearts and continues through Chain of Memories, I think I'd advise someone new to the series to play even through Kingdom Hearts II before taking this one on.

S

Shadow Soldier

I meant, if people didn't like the first game at all (not because of the story), this isn't going to bring them back to the series.

KuwabaraTheMan

Website
gc.mindjunk.org
I agree that they don't really feel recycled in the way of stories, and there are certainly new areas added. I'm not too far in the game, so I can't say if it stays this way or not, but my biggest complaint has been that there are almost no characters to interact with so far. I don't know if that will improve as the game goes on, so I'm not passing a final judgment or anything, and I am really enjoying it, I just wish there was a bit more story in the various worlds.

UnstoppableSound

I agree that they don't really feel recycled in the way of stories, and there are certainly new areas added. I'm not too far in the game, so I can't say if it stays this way or not, but my biggest complaint has been that there are almost no characters to interact with so far. I don't know if that will improve as the game goes on, so I'm not passing a final judgment or anything, and I am really enjoying it, I just wish there was a bit more story in the various worlds.

I thought interaction was pretty big in this game (so far)? I mean, you've got the Grey Room where you always have a new set of members sitting and giving you crap, which helps you learn about each character more. Then there's the fact that there is usually someone always fighting with you in missions. However, I just realized that what I'm talking about is a different type of interaction. You probably mean like walking around and having loads of people to talk to. Yeah I guess that's something this game lacks, but I don't mind it at all. I think the game was specifically designed like this in order for us to feel how Roxas felt. Isolated, confused, and mindlessly following orders while struggling with non-Nobody feelings. Therefore, lack of interaction is something that's part of the game's core.

Radon

mofo
Original worlds are introduced because they have importance to the story. Another one would have been pointless. However Hollow Bastian would have been fitting.

UnstoppableSound

Original worlds are introduced because they have importance to the story. Another one would have been pointless. However Hollow Bastian would have been fitting.

Agreed. Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden would have been great.

slymaster16

I think the game was specifically designed like this in order for us to feel how Roxas felt. Isolated, confused, and mindlessly following orders while struggling with non-Nobody feelings.

I'm pretty sure that's called puberty lol.

Aria

braver by the minute
I think at least one new world would've been nice, maybe like Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden. If they just made a bunch of new worlds it wouldn't really make senes to the stories of the other games.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
well i for one like all the worlds. They feel new and different on the ds and they add so many new things in eafch and they all look different so i cant complain although yes hollow bastion would have awesome. I want to listen to some scherzo di notte!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back