• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

City Of My Dreams

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Loveable Iddiot
C&C (Thought i should've went to a different way that i usually go, I messed with the brushe options and i found this thing called divide, looks pretty sick when i use it)

picture.php

Lolita

Dear You
A tag should have a focal point, something that catches people's attention, and where they should look at. I can't really tell what you did other than those few lights on the stock.

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
If you want to use a city as a tag then pick a specific building and make it the focal point by creating depth and lighting to show it off correctly

this is epic fail

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I personally like it. I don't see why everything needs one central focal point. It makes your eyes lazy.

I think this is a good tag Skye. Vibrant colors are probably what's dragging me into it.

Skye

Loveable Iddiot
Heres the stock :[IMG]http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/73/jsrf-jet-set-radio-future.449353.jpg[/IMG]

And heres Version 2 [IMG]http://forums.khinsider.com/picture.php?albumid=1217&pictureid=9009[/IMG]

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
YOu guys give horrible CnC.

All tags don't need a focal point. Like this, it can just be a landscape tag with a few photomanips. But I'm not saying it's good. This kinda brings me back to tags around 2007 with the glow. If you're going for the simple effect, look at these:

vlcsnap-2340067.png

dualtime.png

25ko8kl.jpg

2ypkuf5.png

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards

All tags don't need a focal point. Like this, it can just be a landscape tag with a few photomanips. But I'm not saying it's good. This kinda brings me back to tags around 2007 with the glow. If you're going for the simple effect, look at these:

vlcsnap-2340067.png

dualtime.png

25ko8kl.jpg

2ypkuf5.png

like i said man, it needs DEPTH!!!

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

vlcsnap-2340067.png

dualtime.png

25ko8kl.jpg

2ypkuf5.png
These photomanips are photos for one thing and each photo has a focal point, something that immediately draws the looker to the photo. Whether images are merged together like in the first one, each one has a focal of some kind. Even with digi painting of landscapes for tags a focal is still present.

Skye's tag looks more like a cropped photo shot of a city that has too much lighting and brightness. Merely tone that down and take the renders (the light yellow things) off and simply adjust the city not add more into it.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

vlcsnap-2340067.png

dualtime.png

25ko8kl.jpg

2ypkuf5.png

This is one of the very earliest styles I mastered. Its basic depth (sometimes lack of)
You only then extend from this and further manipulate the stock given (be it smudge, effect collage, or manipulating the stock in some other way).

For skye, keep practicing.
I've grown fond of the blur,sharpen,smude, sponge, and burn tools lol.

Awards
Reading through some of the comments on this thread has made me realize that there is a bright side to having no artistic talent or experience; people like me are not bound by the same standards and ideas about what constitutes good art as most of you are. No, something does not have to have a focal point to be appealing. It doesn't have to be completely original either.

And all, I like the tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back