• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[POLL] Mar-look-sha or Mar-loo-sha?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mar-look-sha or Mar-loo-sha?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuryou

when i first played the game on the GBA, i always thought it was "Mar-look-sha", not until the PS2 version came out, i laughed when they said "Mar-loo-sha". im just wondering, who among you people say Mar-loo-sha or Mar-look-sha. me, i still say it how i originally said it as im not used to saying Mar-loo-sha, it sounds too hilarious. :lol:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I say Marluxia, namely because it sounds suave-ish as compared to fag-suave.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Marlucksha.

Duhhh.
1x1td.gif

Millenious

I always thought it was Mar-look-seeya which sounds so much more masculine than Marlusha

(of course Marluxia was originally planned to be a woman)

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Neither, I still say it like MAR-LOOK-SEE-AH, which I always thought was the correct way to say.

Awards
I used to say MAR-LOO-ZIA. I wish it were like that. But, I've gotten used to calling him MAR-LOO-SHA. I just hate that Xion's name is pronounced SHI-ON and not ZI-ON.

A

Audo

I actually prefer the Shion way now that i have gotten more used to it.

CCs_No1_Fanboy

Mar-luke-sia. It sounds much better than Mar-loo-sha. Marloosha sounds like an alchoholic beverage.

JenniMGF

I used to say Mar-luck-sia (pronouncing x as in ex) but after i found out how to say it, cos what i did before was say how I read it, no i say mar-lu-shia

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I say Mar-look-seeya instead of Marlusha cause Marlusha just sounds weird. I will only say Marlusha if I'm reading his name in Katakana or talking to a Japanese fan, if not then screw it his name is said as Mar-look-seeya.

One-Winged-Chaos

I used to say Mar-luck-sia cause that's how it was spelt, you wouldn't think to say Marloosha, but that's how i say it now cause i've got used to it

Sora1915

Bronze Member
I used to say Mar-luck-sa.....Now I say Mar-loo-sha and it doesn't bother me but I don't really like him so I didn't care....At least I always pronounced Xion She-on so I'm ok with that one too :3

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I always thought it was Mar-look-seeya which sounds so much more masculine than Marlusha

(of course Marluxia was originally planned to be a woman)

That's how I always pronounced it too. Of course the way you and I pronounced it was by using the english pronounciation of the letter "X". It japan "X" gives the "Sh" sound. So it would appear that when they translated the Organization's names, they gave some members the english pronounciation of "X" while Marluxia and Xion has the japanese pronounciation of "X"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back