• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade keychains

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
In BBS, the only characters we know of that have Keyblades that have keychains are MX, DS, and Mickey.
I think that keyblades that have keychains can only be wielded by their master, and the keyblades that don't can be wielded by anyone. But, does that mean that the keyblades with chains are more powerful, or the same? But, Mickey wasn't a master yet, he is training to be, so why can he wield a keyblade with a keychain?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think keyblades without chains can be wielded by anybody. There is still probably a requirement to be able to hold one, keychain or not.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Not so sure about that either. Riku wielded Roxas' Oblivion and it had a keychain. Sort of the same deal with Sora and Riku's Way to the Dawn (unless dual-wielding has something to do with it then I might be wrong). Or other people just picking up Sora's Keyblade...
Don't know if keychains make it more powerful or not. I sort of think it draws out power but *shrugs*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not so sure about that either. Riku wielded Roxas' Oblivion and it had a keychain. Sort of the same deal with Sora and Riku's Way to the Dawn (unless dual-wielding has something to do with it then I might be wrong). Or other people just picking up Sora's Keyblade...
Don't know if keychains make it more powerful or not. I sort of think it draws out power but *shrugs*

But Roxas did lend Riku that blade for him to use to fight. And technically that was suppose to be Riku's Keyblade in the first place.

I know people can use the keyblade if the wielder allows them to hold it. But it is also a matter of how strong the heart is.

The blades without keychains might mean that can't tap into the true power of the blade and it is only in one form. Since we don't have much info, a lot of that is hard to answer.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
do you guys think we will be able to change the keyblade shape in BBs
im starting to worry since they dont have keychains

Number XXI

Probably not..... It all depends on the keychains if you want it to look different, that much we can be certian of.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
do you guys think we will be able to change the keyblade shape in BBs
im starting to worry since they dont have keychains

I don't think it will matter since these blades look different from anything we have used so far.

The way they gain power might be something similar to the system in 358/2 Days.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
yeah
they will probably find a way
1x1td.gif

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
No you can not change them in BBS.
That would sort of defeat the purpose of BBS.

A keyblade with no chain is like a base >_>
A keychain if you will is more of the memory of the wielder thus the keyblade takes that form.
Ie: Rikus blade when given to Kairi.

Thats how i see it.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
But Roxas did lend Riku that blade for him to use to fight. And technically that was suppose to be Riku's Keyblade in the first place.

I know people can use the keyblade if the wielder allows them to hold it. But it is also a matter of how strong the heart is.

The blades without keychains might mean that can't tap into the true power of the blade and it is only in one form. Since we don't have much info, a lot of that is hard to answer.

That's kind of why I was a little unsure when it came to dual-wielding. I wasn't sure if something like lending came into play. I guess I was thinking when he said only the master could wield it that nobody else could use it or something like that.

Number XXI

I geuss seeing as you need a good heart to weild a keyblade, im pretty shure STEALING keyblades from other weilders isnt an issue^_^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No you can not change them in BBS.
That would sort of defeat the purpose of BBS.

A keyblade with no chain is like a base >_>
A keychain if you will is more of the memory of the wielder thus the keyblade takes that form.
Ie: Rikus blade when given to Kairi.

Thats how i see it.

I think Riku already had that chain to begin with. It looked like the charm Namine created and gave to Repliku. The chain might represent a memory in some form but it isn't made from a memory.

That's kind of why I was a little unsure when it came to dual-wielding. I wasn't sure if something like lending came into play. I guess I was thinking when he said only the master could wield it that nobody else could use it or something like that.

Lending in different examples is its own ability. Like in the case of Riku lending to Kairi, he was dual wielding. But in the case of Riku lending to Sora, Sora was using two blades like dual wielding, but most likely only half of the strength came from him and the other from Riku. It is probably the similar for Riku and Roxas. Roxas was already dual wielding and loaned out his Oblivion to Riku, who was probably using his strength to hold on to it but Roxas was the one keeping the blade in existence. And probably the keyblade was Riku's to begin with (in a sense) he could probably maintain it's existence without Roxas.

Keyblades have no means of telling good from bad....

Keyblades have a sentient existence though. It can tell if a heart is strong. I guess the heart can be strong and full of darkness as well...but it depends on the user.

Number XXI

If keyblades cant tell, then how can there be CHOSEN keyblade weilders? i think it depends on the strength of your heart, and Kiari could only weild hers because she is a PRINCESS of heart

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If keyblades cant tell, then how can there be CHOSEN keyblade weilders? i think it depends on the strength of your heart, and Kiari could only weild hers because she is a PRINCESS of heart

Also the fact Riku was letting her hold it. If Riku didn't want her to hold it, she wouldn't be able to.

It would be the same if Sora handed his blade to Jafar and wanted Jafar to hold it. But if he handed it to Jafar and wasn't concentrating on Jafar holding it, Jafar wouldn't because he wasn't chosen and because Jafar doesn't have a strong heart.

But say if...Xehanort was to borrow from Sora, I'm very sure he could hold it on his own strength of heart even if he is more Darkness than light. A heart can be strong with darkness or light or both. But it would depend on whose heart is stronger or if Sora is letting him use it in the first place.

Good and evil isn't judged by the strength of one's heart. Nor does Darkness and Light judge it either.

Kinda like Darwinism. The strongest one prevails. In this case, the strongest heart gets the Keyblade.

Number XXI

I geuss your right. Just like it says the keyblade weilder destroyed the worlds, and an other says he saved them

Dcasd1

i think a keyblade with chains mean that it had a past wielder and the ones without means that the person to have it is the first to wield it. Idk.

Number XXI

Its a nice theory, but theres nothing to base it on. i havent heard anything about someone else besides Sora/Roxas/Xion swinging around the kingdom key, have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back