• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sports ► 2009-10 NFL Season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Alright so preseason is underway and the season is less than a month away.

Of course the biggest splash so far this season has to be the Vick signing. Will the community accept him somewhat or will he deal with the constant abuse from fans even if he works to help the community? Overall I am mixed cause even though I think Vick can be incredible again, I just don't know if this was the right team for him. I thought the best team for him would have been the Panthers, but again they have 2 good runners so he would have to be better at QB if he planned to be there. I can see him having a decent season if he doesn't let outside people get to him. Good Luck Vick, I hated what you did but if you show everyone that you changed then how can I not accept this?

Anyway so Tom Brady looked good, and dare I say on the verge of another explosive season? Also got to see if LT is back on his game this year after last year slight slump. Then there are the Lions will they finally win a game, or will the show that a new rookie QB means nothing for a win? I can't wait till the season starts.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
The Vick signing was a huge shock to me. But I can see them using Vick's athleticism in certain siuations McNabb can't handle.

And of course, I'm sticking with my Eagles all the way through.

I think Brady's knee will hold up for a while, but he won't be at the same level he was before.

LT should be able to rebound, I have high hopes for the Chargers this year.

I think the Lions will win 3 games, I doubt they would go 0-16 2 years in a row.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
1) yes the lions is going to win A game, but i am hoping it is not against the saints because that's my team.

2) when i heard that vick was going to the eagles, i was lol because i remember of the circus with TO a while back.

3) congrates to the guy that took out brady last year, now you've officially pissed him off.

4) LT is going to rebound but i think that the chargers are relying on him too much.

anyways i am so looking forward for this season. GO SAINTS!!!!

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
As a patriots fan, I want Brady to feel he needs to step up after last season, and just go on a tear. I'd also laugh if all the extra playing time he wants preseason gets him injured again.

Laine

Formely keyblayedwielder
kh1 In Destiny Islands trying to get to lv100 by b
vick is so stupid-----he used to be my "idol" -----he was the highest paid player in the league and then almost threw his whole career away by making stupid directions--the biggest of course dog fights--- he really screwed up.....like all pro players--there spoiled!!!even Michel Vick got out early and has a second chance at "life"

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
Yeah, Brady looked good I guess.

Anyway, anybody catch The Jets game tonight? Sanchez went 3-4 for 88 yards. His first pass was a 48 yard completion from The Jets own 7 yard line! There was one play where the blitz was in his face and he still stood in the pocket and found his receiver.

Their Defense looked good too. They had 3 sacks in the 1st Quarter. My god, if they keep this up, they're going to be quite a force when the season starts.

I'm not gonna say a word about my colts cause it's the preseason. I must admit, Donald Brown did look impressive. Wouldn't be suprised at all if he got that starting job.

As far as Vick goes, glad he found a team, but the Eagles? I figured he'd go where he'd have a shot at getting the starting QB role. I almost know Reid's gonna use Vick in those Wildcat formation. God, imagine if Miami got his hands on him. I bet you Sporano is making up some new Wildcat plays as we speak.

Man, I already can't wait until Week 1. Titans vs Steelers is gonna so LIVE!!!

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Oh just to point this out but one of the combination you must watch this year that could be using Wild Cat formation is......Peterson and Harvin in Minnesota. Harvin is incredibly fast and Minnesota is going to want to get him the ball just to maybe pull pressure off Peterson who I think could just tear it up again if this works out. If it doesn't then I still think he will be great, but hard to pull a team's offense by yourself if the QB is uncertain.

Also Tom Brady is looking focus I mean come on the guy got pissed off for throwing an INT in preseason.

And Destiny I have high hopes for your Colts this year, mainly cause I have their 1 2 recievers on my fantasy league lol. I think Gonzalez will pull pressure away from Wayne and both will get some good amount of receptions.

Also the Jets.....I am still on the fence cause I am not going to be amazed to much by a team that played St. Louis especially in preseason.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
I saw the saints preseason game last night and i was impressed with the defense. If the defense is consistent, then the saints is going to be a legit contender in the nfl.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
what is this I don't even
You said Brady would "go on a tear" just after recovering from torn knee ligaments. Word play

Anyway, the city of Philadelphia does not seem to be very receptive to Vick, solely because he was in jail. I'm not saying I am a huge fan of the signing, just due to the fact that I am not sure what kind of shape he is in, but Idefinitely think he derserves a second chance in the NFL. He served his time for his crimes. What are the opinions of everyone else on Vick in the NFL?

Destiny's End

I saw the saints preseason game last night and i was impressed with the defense. If the defense is consistent, then the saints is going to be a legit contender in the nfl.

Let's not forget, they did play The Bengals. They aren't exactly a high octane offense.

Don't worry, Blinkboy, Colts are gonna be just fine. After what I saw out of Donald Brown, Addai better get ready to kiss his starting spot goodbye. There's no favorites being played around here. The best man for the job gets the starting role. Wayne and Gonzalez are both some serious deep threats. Gonzalez more than Wayne, cause he has the breakaway speed that Wayne used to have. Someone also needs to step up in that 3rd slot to take some of the slack off Wayne & Gonzalez. I'm hopin Pierre Garcon gets some receptions. LOL, I loved using him in Madden.

My only concern is what you said about Minnesota. Harvin is an injury bug. I don't even remember, but did he play last night? You gotta watch him with the injuries.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
You said Brady would "go on a tear" just after recovering from torn knee ligaments. Word play

Anyway, the city of Philadelphia does not seem to be very receptive to Vick, solely because he was in jail. I'm not saying I am a huge fan of the signing, just due to the fact that I am not sure what kind of shape he is in, but Idefinitely think he derserves a second chance in the NFL. He served his time for his crimes. What are the opinions of everyone else on Vick in the NFL?

I think it's good that he got signed with a team. Second chances FTW. We actually could have used him, because ATM we don't really have a backup QB.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I think it's good that he got signed with a team. Second chances FTW. We actually could have used him, because ATM we don't really have a backup QB.

Yeah uh, eagles are gonna be so stacked this year. I mean shit: De'Sean Jackson, McNabb, Westbrook AND Vick?! My god if they don't run the Wildcat I'm gonna be so pissed.

But anyway, I went to the 49ers preseason game yesterday. It was okay, but Singletary really needs to sort out his Quarterbacks before the season. And then there's Crabtree who STILL hasn't signed. He most likely will play a good quarter per game this season. On the contrary I was expecting a bit more from Moreno. But I guess his still getting adjusted to the League.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Steelers are going back to the super bowl and winning it this year.... Again
Alot of pretty easy games and everyones healthy and no motorcycle accidents, so I'm feeling pretty good about this year.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I don't think the Steelers will be able to repeat this year. Of course they pretty much have the same team as last year, but out of the AFC the Colts, Titans, Patriots, and others seemed to improve this year and could look good when the season starts.

With Harvin he is just coming off an injury so not sure if he really is an injury bug like you said. This is his rookie season after all.

One player I think people should watch cause I think this could be his break out season is Ted Ginn Jr. The guy gets more and more time as WR in the offense and does punt returns and kick off returns. If he stays healthy watch him to have a big season if the Wild Cat struggles alittle.

Destiny's End

I don't think the Steelers will be able to repeat this year. Of course they pretty much have the same team as last year, but out of the AFC the Colts, Titans, Patriots, and others seemed to improve this year and could look good when the season starts.

Titans had one good year that will NEVER happen again. If they beat Pittsburgh at home, I'll be the first one to praise them.

With Harvin he is just coming off an injury so not sure if he really is an injury bug like you said. This is his rookie season after all.

My point exactly.

One player I think people should watch cause I think this could be his break out season is Ted Ginn Jr. The guy gets more and more time as WR in the offense and does punt returns and kick off returns. If he stays healthy watch him to have a big season if the Wild Cat struggles alittle

Everyone knows the Wild Cat now. Ain't nobody gonna be fooled by that this season. Unless Sporano is making some new plays that'll catch some teams off guard.

this season football season would be big micheal vick is on the eagles team,but redskins not on the right track they just lost their first game in the season but i still like them

They have all sorts of problems.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Everyone knows the Wild Cat now. Ain't nobody gonna be fooled by that this season. Unless Sporano is making some new plays that'll catch some teams off guard.
For some reason I doubt that. Miami I can see at times setting up in Wild Cat only to audible to regular offense. Wild Cat won't be dead because so many teams will be using it, but defenses are just going to need to adapt on the fly since I can see alot more trickery getting sparked.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
My bad on the double post, but more new.
Farve Signs
I love Farve and think they guy is a great QB. But why does he do it now. I mean did the Vick thing make he think he wanted to play again to? I think it isn't a smart move overall by Minnesota cause you don't really know yet what you had in your other QBs let alone you don't know what you're getting from Farve. Farve has got to the point of annoyance with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back