• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sephiroth - Tips please?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Alright, I'm trying to beat Sephiroth and I keep dying. The guide I'm using, from GameFAQs, recommends being at least level 78. I'm level 80, using the Ultima Weapon, Sora's entire on-hand inventory is Elixirs, and I'm using the following equipment;

Gaia Bangle
Gaia Bangle
Omega Arts

As for abilities, the only ones I DON'T have equipped are;

Sonic Blade
Strike Raid
Guard
Ragnarok
Jackpot
Lucky Strike
Trinity Limit

So, is everything I have so far good enough for Sephiroth? If so, what's the best strategy to beating him?
The guide I'm using DOES have an in-depth description of him, but there's just so much to learn about him that I'm already confused. @_@ I read it, go into battle, and forget almost everything I read. At the top of my head, I know to use an Elixir when he says something (Sin Harvest or something like that), to lock onto him and keep it that way, to be prepared to heal a lot, and something about meteors.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Just be very patient. Don't go in there thinking you're going to get in a bunch of combos. Hit him a few times, and leave before he attacks you. Always have dodge roll and super glide on ready for when he starts teleporting. And, yeah, use an elixer after he says "Sin Harvest", or just hit him before he can finish the spell.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
At the top of my head, I know to use an Elixir when he says something (Sin Harvest or something like that), to lock onto him and keep it that way,
Did the guide say that you can attack Sephiroth before he can do the Sin Harvest Angel move, because he's still attackable (like in KH2)

For meteors, just use Dodge Roll to dodge them.

And I recomned equipping Guard, so you can deflect his attacks, then attack right after.
Raganork too, if you have enough AP, but that's an extra. (that helped me alot though, but use it when he jumps, because if I remember correctly, that's an aerial attack)

EDIT: dammit, Raz. Damn, I'm late.

XJeffX

I beat Sephiroth with quite some tries, to me to have the most effective way of learning to beat him is to watch those clips in YOUTUBE which people upload them when they beat him. Watch and learn his fighting patterns, you will eventually beat him to a pulp! Now go get him.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I beat Sephiroth with quite some tries, to me to have the most effective way of learning to beat him is to watch those clips in YOUTUBE which people upload them when they beat him. Watch and learn his fighting patterns, you will eventually beat him to a pulp! Now go get him.

....didn't think about that. o.o Thanks! I'll go search for some.

XjXsOlJa

NHSrep
Just try to get to level 99 and then have plenty of elixirs.
Dodge his attacks swiftly and when he uses Heartless Angel (I think thats what its called) then prepare to use an elixir.

1,000th post! Woot!

wii.red24

ok heres what you do if u want to beat sephiroth you go to best buy or walmart buy a gameshark put invincible health on and kick his ass:tongue:

keybladealex

After you beat him, he will seem to get easier (Of course, he's not). But, yeah use elixirs and super glide and smack him a good one when he 'sin harvests'. Don't get to cocky as said before and after three combos landed, jump because he will teleport behind you. You can use Ars Arcanum when he uses the flame move. This will keep you from taking any damage. The only problem with this is that you won't be able to get all the extra (3, I think, not including Judgment (the last move of the combo)) hits in.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
UGH! I come so close to beating him, and then I lose. >_< I actually got him down to one health bar a few times before I ran out of healing items (he's so damn fast, it's hard to stay near him enough to prevent that "Descend Heartless Angel" attack; I looked up the attack name). Level 83 at the moment, strength is at 62, defense at 53, HP at 108, MP at 11. Do I need to level up some more or something?

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
the key to beating him (and not wasting all your elixirs) is not letting him do the Heartless Angel attack. you just gotta keep the pressure on him and DONT LET HIM OUT OF YOUR SIGHT. if he's got a pink orb in his hand or you hear him say that chant BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA HIM lol.

once you get used to doing that you won't need a single elixir the whole fight. only cure when needed and after you prevented him from Heartless Angel so that he wont catch you off guard with it.

if you try often enough, eventually you'll learn his pattern and be fine. i think it took me three or four tries at like level 70 or 80 to finally beat him.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
UGH! I come so close to beating him, and then I lose. >_< I actually got him down to one health bar a few times before I ran out of healing items (he's so damn fast, it's hard to stay near him enough to prevent that "Descend Heartless Angel" attack; I looked up the attack name). Level 83 at the moment, strength is at 62, defense at 53, HP at 108, MP at 11. Do I need to level up some more or something?
I think it's just a matter of dodging and skill, really.
Maybe use Aero? (Don't take my word for it, I'm a bit fuzzy about the game--I'm not sure if Aero backfires on this boss, like with Ice Titan.)

EDIT: dammit, Raz. Damn, I'm late.

Anytime, dear~.

keybladealex

If the Heartless Angel is the meteors, then I don't think there is any way to avoid. But yes, use Aero. Also, keep a finger near the lock-on button (R1 I think for KH1). Those and Cure are the only tips really.

I don't mean to brag, but the first time I beat him. I was like at 54 or something like that with no cheats. So it really varies because other times (more recent) I don't get jack-squat out of him until I reach level around where you are.

omni/riku

i just whaled on him and used cura wenever possible! and aero helped out alot! dont waste your mp.

Tidora

equip strike raid so when he does that move that takes away all ur health u can hit him from far away

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England
As for abilities, the only ones I DON'T have equipped are;

Sonic Blade
Strike Raid
Guard
Ragnarok
Jackpot
Lucky Strike
Trinity Limit​

Lol. Ok. Equip those 2 that I bolded for a start. When it comes to his Descend Heartless Angel (or whatever its called >.>) use Strike. It helps when he teleports far away. Use Guard to parry his attacks and use Aero (or whatever level you have it at) to half the damage you take from his attacks (mine is Aeroga so it does that). Btw if you want equip Ragnarok. Your level and other stuff are fine. If all else fails just you tube it >.>’’.

keybladealex

I finally beat sephiroth thanks to this video YouTube - Kingdom Hearts II - Sephiroth Battle Guide

You need to read the section that this is in. It's about KH1 Sephiroth (the hard one) not the KHII Sephy where you just mash X repeatedly and throw in a Trinity or two along the road. so you're link is not good. I will try to find a good one and post the link for that. If you haven't beaten him by the time I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back