• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Moon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
IMDB said:
Sam Bell has a three year contract to work for Lunar Industries. For the contract's entire duration, he is the sole employee based at their lunar station. His primary job responsibility is to harvest and periodically rocket back to Earth supplies of helium-3, the current clean and abundant fuel used on Earth. There is no direct communication link available between the lunar station and Earth, so his only direct real-time interaction is with GERTY, the intelligent computer whose function is to attend to his day to day needs. With such little human contact and all of it indirect, he feels that three years is far too long to be so isolated; he knows he is beginning to hallucinate as the end of his three years approaches. All he wants is to return to Earth to be with his wife Tess and their infant daughter Eve, who was born just prior to his leaving for this job. With two weeks to go, he gets into an accident at one of the mechanical harvesters and is rendered unconscious. Injured, he awakens back at the station in the infirmary, he assumes assisted by GERTY. GERTY tells him that a rescue team named Eliza will come to the station to clean up the aftermath of the accident. After his recuperation, he takes an unauthorized trip back to the broken harvester, where he makes an unexpected discovery. Because of his find, he begins to doubt his sanity, then his true identity, then the company and GERTY's willingness to do what is best for him. Because of his resulting beliefs, his sole mission becomes how to get back to Earth on his own.
Written by Huggo

and it's directed by David Bowie's son. Cool. I saw it a few hours ago and have to say it was perhaps the best film I've seen this year. The screenings are quite limited, so I dunno if anyone in the US on here got to see it. It'll be out in Australia and a few other countries later this year.

sort of spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
It's playing at the local indie theater and I want to see it but noooo, my friends insist on seeing Transformers AGAIN instead.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Given I'm reading Space Oddyssey right now, I can see the similarities between the two, but this also seems promising, I'd like to see what it holds...

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
o yea.

Been meaning to see this at some point but the majority of cinemas around the area are filled up with Harry Potter screens.

I'll have to look around.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
o yea.

Been meaning to see this at some point but the majority of cinemas around the area are filled up with Harry Potter screens.

I'll have to look around.

Just looked up on Google that you could see it at 'The Arts Picture House' in Cambridge. I saw it at Covent Garden Odeon in London, which is one of the only three Odeons in the UK that are showing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back