• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did you waste your money?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
^wut? no way.
I loved CoM's gameplay. It's not an easy button masher, like KH2 it's strategicial and you have to play your cards right (literally). CoM also has the best storyline of the three. The only thing I probably didn't like was going through all the Disney floors, which played pretty much no part in the plot at all. Also quite useless in R/R, since there weresome worlds Riku didn't even visit.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Well, the Disney worlds, as I believe I've seen Smile say in the past, all do have a subtle theme when it comes to the memory theme in the game. Like Oogie unleashing his true memories and how dangerous they were, and how the Queen of Hearts couldn't trust the memories she thought to be real.

But in R/R they were pretty damn useless :v

KrossWinter

The Disney worlds were utterly pointless to me, since the only thing I could really do in them was level up and get cards, but the story and Castle Oblivion's look/style really got me going. Plus, whenever you get to fight an Organization XIII member, that appeals IMO.

i hated the card system at first, then 6 months later i played it again. and was like "wow, this isn't that bad."

Muse

you look atrocious
Well, the Disney worlds, as I believe I've seen Smile say in the past, all do have a subtle theme when it comes to the memory theme in the game. Like Oogie unleashing his true memories and how dangerous they were, and how the Queen of Hearts couldn't trust the memories she thought to be real.

But in R/R they were pretty damn useless :v

Right. At least for Sora's part of the game, the worlds were pretty much separated into two categories: The first one being warning worlds, where Namine tries to tell Sora not to trust his memories since they'll mislead them, and the second one being worlds that reflect Namine and Sora's relationship.

Like, Monstro, for example. Pinocchio feels that it's all his fault that Geppeto's stuck there, yet Geppeto doesn't care just as long as he's together with Pinocchio. That could be seen as a reflection of Namine and Sora's situation. Namine thinks it's all her fault, Sora doesn't care so long as he has Namine.

Though I don't really see the point of them in R/R. >_>;; Except for you to level up, I guess.

Aria

braver by the minute
All the people I've talked to have loved Re:CoM, and I've played it a few times and I really liked the gameplay

The GBA version is really great. I still haven't gotten around to playing the ps2 version, but I'm sure I will eventually.

And the card gameplay is the best battle system in the series.

hakaui

Yeah, the card system really ticked me off, so I took it in to gamestop a couple of weeks ago and traded it in and got Metal Gear Solid 4. Now that was worth it. ^_^

TheDoctorSora

I loved it, except for the audio, it kept messing up for me. Every time I played it the audio either suddenly it vanished or just static replaced it.

Almagest

I love Re:COM. Having to use strategy is rather refreshing after using nothing but button-mashing in the other two games. Re:COM's storyline is deliciously dark, some of Sora's sleights are just WAY too much fun to use, and I love being able to play as Riku :D Another aspect of Re:COM that I like is that you can play the game differently every time depending on the cards/sleights you use.

In short, I certainly don't think I wasted money on this awesome game :)

Awards
No, because I bought the entire KH2FM+ package and didn't bother with the American version. Meaning that it technically cost what the American version should have- an additional $15.

War_Leo

forgive me, i forgot the lattitude and longitude.
Was i the only one who started playing this game(PS2) and was like srew this ima jst watch the cutscenes on youtube. I absolutley hated the card system and i wasnt about to sit through 20 hours of worthless gameplay. I eventually decided to jst keep it as a collectable considering that i got the pack from best buy where they give you artwork in it.

Are you insulting the power that is card games? Slifer the Executive Producer will be very mad! lol
But seriously, It's not that bad if you get the hang of it, its really fun if you get all the sleights, but since you're not playing it, get on your computer machine and watch someone perform all the sleights

AzureShadow

One of my favorite battle systems in any video game, just because it made sense and was also complex. There's more than "Attack" and "Skill" and "Item", it's not turn based, and it requires a lot of strategy and planning.

Mythios

Website
cplusdev.com
I still think it's a great game. I don't mind it when they change the combat system every now and then. But the GBA version I think was a lot more fun. I guess for me though I was happy for the KH2 reaction commands to vanish for a while - The game was to easy with those :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back