• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Help With An Irrational Fear

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I'm a 17 year old male. I'm not afraid of things that most people are terrified of, such as death, heights, etc. However, as a kid I was always afraid of something that I knew couldn't harm me (or anyone else) and I recently realized that at 17, I am possibly worse off than I was then. I grew up in a house that had them ALL the time. When we moved, I rarely ever saw one again and I didn't have to deal with them.

I have a VERY irrational fear of cockroaches. I hate everything about them, from their appearance, to the crunch and popping noises they make when you stomp them. I've never seen one in person, but I think I'd piss my pants on the spot if I ever saw a flying one coming towards me. I can't even bring myself to kill the things, but the moment I see one, I find an alternate route if it's in my way. I can't even remain in the same room as one. I doubt I'll ever stop hating them. What I need is to be able to kill them, whether I'm afraid or not. Someday I'm not gonna be able to have my little brother or parents do it (pretty sad, huh?). You can see the problems this would cause, I'm sure? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thats not irrational.

cockroaches can carry up to 33 diseases at once.
pretty fuckin scary to me.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
eh i kno how you feel, i hate them too. i scream and run when i see them. but im not deathly afraid of them.
you just have to suck it up one day and face that evil cockroaches and say "Die Motha F*****"
and for the crunch sound problem you can put headphones and blast it or use spray to posion them

Shuri

Why would you want to kill an innocent little cockroach? It's actually really noble of you to be taking an alternative. Besides, I don't think anyone here can really instill you with the courage you need to kill something you're afraid of. Unless you need someone to write out the steps for you or something, you're kind of on your own.
Ha, "steps." So punny.
Back to the topic, though, I have arachnophobia. I have it bad. I hate spiders. I absolutely fear them, too. I still wouldn't kill one, though, 'cause my fear of them doesn't justify taking a life. And because I am PETAphobic as well. D:

Shuri/Eli

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I know the part about disease, but that's not the part that stops me from killing the thing. And I've tried blasting music before, but the feeling under my shoe was gross as hell. I've found that using my Timbaland boots made it somewhat better, but I rarely ever rock those (normally just winter).

I know the part about disease, but that's not the part that stops me from killing the thing. And I've tried blasting music before, but the feeling under my shoe was gross as hell. I've found that using my Timbaland boots made it somewhat better, but I rarely ever rock those (normally just winter).

call terminex cuz.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
And they'll survive for nine days with their head cut off, and they'll survive a nuclear fallout.

Yeah, I might be afraid of them, if I didn't just rush to kill one as soon as I saw it. I just hate them, but they don't scare me.

We don't get cockroaches in North Dakota.

If we did, I'm sure I'd hate them. No real solution here.

C

Crossroads

Well think of it this way.

They'll never die, so don't worry about their existence. They're just there they really can't hurt you anyway.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
Cockroaches don't scare me as much as they annoy me. But most girls I know are deathly afraid of them. I stepped on one during class and they all screamed their heads off. :|

Aegis

thats not irrational.

cockroaches can carry up to 33 diseases at once.
pretty fuckin scary to me.

Where's your source for this? Cockroaches are actually relatively clean animals, diseases and all. =\

Also, cockroaches would die actually rather quickly after nuclear war.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I would hate to live wherever you live. We don't have cockroaches here. D:

xDENLINx

I would hate to live wherever you live. We don't have cockroaches here. D:

Lol lucky you! I live in Aus, and I don't think there is one house that i've lived in that has not had cockroaches :/ I'm not afraid of them, at all, but I do think they are a pest and think they are better off dead.

And to the originator of this thread, just get newspaper, roll it up and wack the cockroaches with it.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Little things are freaking immortal or something.

- You cut their head off, they can still breathe (they breathe through little holes in their body, not their mouth.)
- If you squish them, I heard that it actually helps heal them. Something along the lines of that (unless if you cut it into little pieces and seperate it's body parts or something)
- They can swim for a fucking long time

No cockroaches where I live, but when I was visiting relatives, they were everywhere. Two were on my leg while I was sleeping, I was really, really creeped. And the noise when you step on them is just...ugh.

Can't really help you, only thing I suggest is put them in a jar or something then seal it tight.
I did that with ants when I was younger. (I was scared of ants back then, but they're a different case, I guess)

Neglect

When I was bored and feeling rather sadistic as a lad, upon spotting a pest I'd capture and torture it before landing the finishing blow. It was entertaining, and it'd provide an efficient and enjoyable way of getting rid of my unwelcomed guests. While I couldn't offer that as a solution, I can recommend that you should perhaps study the roach, understand its functions and its capacity to bring about any real harm, and then you'll find that the insignificant insect is nothing one should fear.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
When I was bored and feeling rather sadistic as a lad, upon spotting a pest I'd capture and torture it before landing the finishing blow. It was entertaining, and it'd provide an efficient and enjoyable way of getting rid of my unwelcomed guests. While I couldn't offer that as a solution, I can recommend that you should perhaps study the roach, understand its functions and its capacity to bring about any real harm, and then you'll find that the insignificant insect is nothing one should fear.
Cool story bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back