• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unbirths: Beings Without Souls?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mata Nui

Hey, I'm a new member, but I've been browsing this sites for months now. A theory has been in my mind, so I decided to add it to the thousands already posted. I figured I'd start out with a bang.

Ah... Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep... If you take off the Disney Filter, you'll get "Birth by Death."

There is a lot unknown about Unbirths other than the fact that they once existed, but now they don't.

Well, here is my theory:

The "being" of an individual in Kingdom Hearts is separated into three main parts: the heart, body, and soul. So far, we have encountered Heartless and Nobodies. My suggestion?

Heartless: Hearts engulfed by darkness
Nobody: Body and Soul
Unbirth: Body and Heart

An Unbirth is created when an individual dies... but not naturally... Think of a human being as a computer. The body is the hardware, the heart is the software (or data, as Ansem the Wise even compares it to as he tries to convert hearts in KH2), and the soul is the electricity that gives the human/computer life.

An Unbirth is a being whose soul, or life force, has been replaced by darkness itself. The individual should be dead, but is given new life. A birth through death... an "unbirth."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recall Master Xehanort's description of the Dark Soldier...

"a monster infused with darkness"

"Heart" does not seem to have been translated in the text which seems to suggests the man himself was well, as the Master says... "infused" with darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Keyblade the Dark Soldier wields resembles the "Soul Eater." Perhaps Riku's "sword" was a reminder of what Unbirths were and how darkness replaced souls.

I have seen the quote, "Unbirths are beings who have had their memories taken, lost, or forcibly removed, you've all heard of this and how they could connect to memories because the symbol is a folded memory card from Castle Oblivion" a bit on here.

In KH1, as Sora becomes a Heartless, he describes the experience as losing his memories. Darkness devouring his heart causes this loss of memories... but doesn't this only apply if one becomes a Heartless? Read on...

Unbirths no longer exist... Why? It would be quite improbable that Keybladers eliminated every single one in the known KH Universe. What could be a good explanation?

Evolution.

Unbirths are creatures composed of a body and heart being run by darkness instead of natural life force. Thus, the jittery nature of Unbirths can be explained. Many creatures still maintain their reflexes after they die. Since Unbirths have no life force, but only darkness; their bodies are not 100% compatible with darkness. Thus, they are a little unstable.

One reason for this unstability is the incapability between their bodies and darkness... but another more important one is that darkness feeds on hearts. Heartless are creatures that have a thirst for hearts and dark portals erode hearts. Once an Unbirth is created, they are constantly evolving from Day One into a Heartless. As the darkness infusing their bodies begins to envelop the heart, the body is consumed... Creating a... pureblood Heartless!

As these Heartless were formed, they attacked other people and consume their hearts. However, those people attacked maintained their souls along with their bodies... which would become Nobodies.

Therefore, no Unbirths exist today. Perhaps Master Xehanort was behind infusing people with darkness since it seems to no longer occur.

So how was Xehanort the apprentice created?

Apparenty, Terra's soul was eaten at some point in BBS... maybe by the DS with the Soul Eater-type Keyblade? Somehow Terra was saved with Master Xehanort's life force (probably unwillingly...). Because his heart had already been intensely eroded by darkness, Terra could not recall who he was... except for the name of the life force that now allowed him to live: Xehanort.

Perhaps having Xehanort's soul run his body is what made Terra so curious about hearts. Having vague memories of the Unbirths becoming Heartless made Xehanort 2.0 create Heartless.

The new Xehanort had the old Xehanort's desire to create.

Master Xehanort created Unbirths by infusing people with darkness.
Xehanort the Apprentice created Heartless by infusing people's hearts with darkness.

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
that is a well explained theory to say... and the facts are amazing I'm impreesed

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
No soul equal death
And plus the names tend to indicate the opposite of what the creature is made up of.
Heartless= Have hearts
Nobodies= Soul and Body
Unbirth= Soul + ???
I'm pretty sure souls are a part of unbirths.

Clowde

I don't know. Without the soul, you're dead.

Can darkness really be able to keep you functional, without your soul?

I have to admit, this is the first theory like this that I actually might see.

Are you forgetting that we've already seen beings with no soul that alive? Sora and the heartless.

Both are beings with a Heart = Light/Darkness

I cam up with this theory a couple nights ago too, right down to the part with darkness replacing the soul.. It's ironic that you were able to post it before i did.

I agree 100%.

Remember that Nomura said that Unbriths are essentially the opposite of human life.

It makes sense.

No soul equal death
And plus the names tend to indicate the opposite of what the creature is made up of.
Heartless= Have hearts
Nobodies= Soul and Body
Unbirth= Soul + ???
I'm pretty sure souls are a part of unbirths.

soul+heart or memories? so it won't have the body regardless, because that would be a nobody.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Well to answer that question we have to answer one thing. Where are memories stored in the KH universe?
Memories would make sense because the whole idea of CO playing a role in BBS along with the room of Sleep.

pretty much all of CoM points toward memories residing in the heart ..members of organization13 are the only nobody's we've seen that retained memories of their former selves ..i would think that unless youre heart is powerful enough to form a nobody with a human form (and thus giving it memories) ..the memories you had stay with the heart ..i dont think any nobodies have memories unless youre in org.13

Last edited:
Well to answer that question we have to answer one thing. Where are memories stored in the KH universe?
Memories would make sense because the whole idea of CO playing a role in BBS along with the room of Sleep.

Ah, well honestly...both the idea that unbirths are the body infused with darkness and the idea that unbirths are the soul + memories make sense to me.

Clowde

soul+heart or memories? so it won't have the body regardless, because that would be a nobody.

Don't forget that Nobodies aren't around at this time eh?

Unbirths are the ancestors of Heartless, remember?

Nobody = Body + Soul + Darkness
Heartless = Heart + Darkness
Unbirth = Heart + Body +Darkness.

It it possible for us to say that Unbirths exist right up to the point of Xehanort creating the first heartless? That causes a chain reaction that would change the general creation process of an Unbirth, to Heartless and Nobody.

Don't forget that Nobodies aren't around at this time eh?

Unbirths are the ancestors of Heartless, remember?

Nobody = Body + Soul + Darkness
Heartless = Heart + Darkness
Unbirth = Heart + Body +Darkness.

It it possible for us to say that Unbirths exist right up to the point of Xehanort creating the first heartless?

-i know that nobodies do not exist at this point, but the whole point in giving unbirths a new name is to let the player/fan know that they haven't seen them yet. to differenciate between existing and new enemies if you will.

-yes it is possible to say this, because unbirths vanish before KH1. that doesn't mean that they are gone by the end of BBS.

nice idea, has a good basis talks about how MX comit to darkness part.....

Is it me or new guys have really good theorys....

well this new guy in particular does. all the new guys a few days back were just non-sense talkers :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back