• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sky Angels- Please PM me your emails if you want to recieve the rest of the Chapters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

thorn

Re: Sky Angels

................................................................AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyofShadow

Captain L.O. Shadow

YAY! CHAPTER 18 IS DONE!!!!! Enjoy! (By the way, Sky Angels is now up to 150 Word Pages!)

“HOW DARE YOU!!” Z shouted.

Em clutched her bleeding right shoulder. She was in too much pain to move. The blast seemed to have trained all her energy. Mary slumped to her knees. She was helpless from Z’s wrath. Z’s lowered himself to the ground and walked towards the wounded Em. The large Black Hand shot from behind Z’s back and wrapped his large fingers around Em’s body and pinned her against the weakened wall. Em groaned in pain but only lowered her head. She was too weak to struggle.

“You can save her.” The Dark Lord whispered in Dawn’s head.

Dawn whirled around finding herself in that dark throne room once again with a much thinner Dark Lord sitting on the throne. He had broader shoulders then she remembered too. Dawn pondered this a moment but then shook it off. Dawn stood tall with her head held high. The Dark Lord smiled and shifted his slouched position to upright. Also, this time he took his helmet off. He was beautiful. Dawn had to admit. He had long raven black hair that curled smoothly around his soft young pale face.

He looked nothing like the old man who haunted her dreams…but he WAS the Dark Lord. He had the eyes…those bright, glowing orange eyes and the smile… They both shared the same smile. Dawn realized she was staring and shook her head and recollected her thoughts.

“I have a gift for you.” The Dark Lord said raising his right hand; palm up.

A small speck of darkness appeared in his hand then it began sucking in the darkness around him and the speck changed into a strange black fruit that resembled an apple. With a single smooth motion, the Dark Lord tossed the apple to Dawn who caught it just as smoothly in her cupped hands. It felt…cold. Like ice. But Dawn was smarter than that. Hello, Snow White much? The apple was surely poisoned or would do something weird to her. Never trust apples from the enemy...especially black apples.

"I assure you, it’s not poisoned." The Dark Lord responded to Dawn's thoughts.

"So...what will it do then?" Dawn asked, her eyes narrowing.

"I am granting you a new power. Absorbing. You can absorbs Z's darkness and then use it." The Dark Lord explained calmly.

Dawn stared at the apple, debating whether or not to eat it.

"Hurry. The more time you spend here, the longer your Aunt suffers."

With that, the Dark Lord flicked his left wrist up showing an image of Z repeatedly slamming Em into the wall. A close up, showed Em was barely conscious. Possibly even dead. Just one bite... Dawn looked at the Dark Lord then back at the image then finally back at the apple. She might regret it later but right now she needed to say her Aunt's life. She sank her teeth into the cold hard flesh of the apple; its dark, transparent juices splashing around her mouth.

Dawn instantly whirled around and dropped the apple on the silver, metal floor causing it to melt away. She ran past the others with incredible inhuman speed they didn’t have time to react. She just barely heard Jud protesting for her to stop. With a powerful thrust from her wings, Dawn launched herself into the air and landed on Z’s back, wrapping her arms around his neck. She wrapped her legs tightly around his chest as he whipped around trying to throw her off. Z violently flapped his wings, crushing Dawn between them. But Dawn held on, ignoring the crushing pain in her ribs.

It was now or never.

“ABSORB!!!” Dawn shouted.

It was a strange feeling. She could power moving into her from Z. Best way she could describe it was like standing in the middle of a moving river. But the process was slow due to the amount of power coursing through Z’s veins. He wasn’t about to give it up. With the last of Z’s draining strength he released Em and began whipping around trying to buck Dawn off. The black arms began shrinking as Dawn absorbed more of his power. Z got desperate. He spread his slowly shrinking wings and launched himself into the air. Dawn held on tighter, her arms aching. Unfortunately, she could not use the power yet to strengthen her arms.

Z arched his back and slammed Dawn against the diamond roof; cracking it a bit. Dawn screamed in pain. More ribs cracked and she could have sworn her shoulder fractured as well. Fighting the excruciating pain, Dawn continued to hold on tightly; still absorbing. Z still panicking decided to try one last thing. Using his now really small arms, Z flipped over and stuck himself to the ceiling like a spider. Dawn realized something then as her aching knees slipped from Z’s sides…she was an Earthling still. Dawn stared down past her dangling bare feet at the ground below. They were really high up.

Em looked like a crumpled log and the others looked like ants. Her tired arms couldn’t hold on to Z’s neck much longer though Z was still losing power. It’d be a race to who’d fall first. And unfortunately, it looked to be Dawn. Just before she let go, she heard the beating of Tito and Jud’s wings flying up to them. Dawn breathed in relief. At least until Z flapped his wings and sent the two Flyers spiralling down with a powerful force. The flap also jolted Dawn.

Her hands slipped.

“HELP ME!!!” Dawn called out to one person.

A few hours prior, Elva raised her heavy head off the cold stone floor. She was too sore to move. A minute turned into five minutes then ten before Elva could move her fingers. Her whole body twitched in awakening and steadily the gears in her body began churning allowing movement. First, strength was sent to her arms to push her upper half up. Then her legs till she was on her hands and knees.

It was painful and slow but at last Elva stood to her feet. But standing wasn’t going to help her escape. She took a step…a small one. In fact it wasn’t even really a step; more like sliding her right foot forward and only by an inch. Then the other foot; another small inch. Her hunched shoulders ached and she forced every fibre in her being to keep from shaking. Painfully, Elva straightened her back and looked at the door that stood shut a few feet away. To her, that seemed miles away. Elva spat out some blood that had been pooling inside her mouth.

“Curse this Earthling body.” She hissed.

This time, she tried lifting her foot. She smiled as she mustered enough strength to lift her foot up. But then, her knees suddenly buckled and she crumpled to the ground with a loud thud; biting her tongue. For a minute, she lay stunned then she pulled her arms and legs under her and sat on her knees. Elva raised her hand and gingerly touched the swelling wound on her tongue. She could taste the iron spreading through her salvia. Diluted blood rolled down her fingers.

Just as she was about to try again, the thick metal door swung open and a dark figure’s shadow loomed over the weak and wounded Elva; sending shivers up her spine. The Dark Lord. Elva fell back on her butt and tried dragging herself backwards with her weak arms. The Dark Lord only smiled; his eyes covered by his black, shiny helmet. The room temperature immediately dropped to freezing as he stepped in, spreading his large black feathery wings. As gold wings were rare to Flyers, feathered black wings were rare to Darks. Most if not all Dark had leathery Demon-like wings. In fact, Elva distinctively remembered the Dark Lord had demon wings last time she saw him.

“Hello dear.” He said in a chilling voice.

Trapped. Like in all great stories, Elva had crawled all the way to the back wall and was trapped. Elva was in trouble and nobody could save her. She failed. She failed everything.

“That’s quite a disguise you’ve got there. For a moment, you even fooled me.” The Dark Lord said coldly. “You’ve been lying to your friend this whole time. For twelve years you lied to her. You lied…to her dreams.”

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Elva poorly lied in a tough voice.

“Oh but you do…Flyer.”

Standing in the middle of the cell, the Dark Lord raised his arm, raising Elva up to where her feet dangled a few inches from the ground. Continuing his telekinetic hold on Elva, the Dark Lord walked slowly up to her.

“That’s a strong spell they put on you. You must hate the Flyer Council for trapping you in such a pathetic weak shell.” The Dark Lord’s eyes flashed red. “Let me help you with that.”

Slowly he began closing his clawed hand. Elva screamed in pain, white cracks radiating from her heart across her body like glass. The pieces began falling allowing powerful white light to break through. Through her cracking back, shot her two beautiful white wings that had been growing painfully beneath her shell. And with that, the Dark Lord fully closed his fist shattering Elva’s Earthling form completely. Elva drifted to the ground, her white hair dancing as if above fire. All her wounds were completely gone and despite the prior pain, being a Flyer again felt so relieving.

She had been trapped as an Earthling for twelve years. After the Dark Creature attack on Dawn, she was sent by the Flyer Council to protect Dawn through friendship at five years old a few days later. Elva was also entrusted with the task of trying everything in her power to stop Dawn’s destiny from coming to pass. Unfortunately, she failed both. But she wasn’t about to give up now. Upon touching the ground, Elva suddenly snapped her neck up with her new found energy and fired a powerful beam of light from her hands at the Dark Lord.

The Dark Lord cried out in pain as Elva swooped past out the open door. Light Flyers were almost as powerful as Gold Flyers in that they could do serious damage on Dark. Elva did not have much time. The Dark Lord would recover quickly and he would be incredibly angry. Then again it was his fault for giving her powers back. If she wasn’t in danger, Elva would have enjoyed her flight after so long. Being able to stretch her wings. It was a painfully good feeling.

It was a labyrinth. A dark labyrinth that twisted and turned into dead ends and booby traps to unsuspecting fast Flyers. To conserve energy, Elva would often run with her wings open then kick her legs back up. AT LAST! A WINDOW! Here we go again! Elva leaped, closed her wings and dove out the window. Snow. She was at the Dark Lord’s castle. Elva dove straight down then inches before the snow; she pulled up and flew straight towards the bog. Now the really dangerous bit. Flyers were much easier to hit than an Earthling sliding down on a shield.

She kept her eyes on the mountain and didn’t notice in time the Dark Lord flying up behind her. Elva turned her head just as the Dark Lord blasted past her, his wind speed knocking her out of the sky. Elva fell and a few hundred feet in shock but just before she hit the lava her wings spread open and she quickly swooped up above burning level. And the Dark Lord was right on her tail. A chase he wanted? Well a chase he’d get! Elva picked up speed and began twisting and spin through the sharp cliff rocks.

Over and under, left and right they flew. Elva could feel the heating clawing at body trying to drag her down into its fiery river. The heat current suddenly pushed her up above the river, increasing her speed. Elva road the current, saving her tired wings a bit of energy. They had been flying for nearly ten minutes now and Elva was exhausted. While she had energy, it wasn’t much. More adrenalin then anything else.

And like everything else, it had its limit.

However, the Dark Lord had a higher limit.

Now was his chance. The Dark Lord created a black orb around Elva, completely sapping her of her energy and knocking her unconscious in mid air but safely inside the orb. The Dark Lord then clapped his hands together and the orb disappeared back to her cell where she would remain till further notice. Then…the Dark Lord collapsed on the top of a tall stack in the middle of the river of lava. He slipped off his metal glove and studied his hand. It wasn’t soft and smooth but rather old and wrinkly.

“Stupid girl…wasted all my power…I need the Destined One…now! Or I’ll never make it past this month.” He panted before shakily climbing to his feet. “I must draw them here.”

With that, the communicator on his wrist beeped. It was his head commander informing him he had some information. The Dark Lord said he’d be right there before sighing. This had better be good. He disappeared back onto his throne and then ordered his Commander to enter.

“I am sorry to inform you, your Excellency, that your right hand man, Volos, is dead.” The commander said with fake remorse. “He was killed in a cave-in at the Underlings’ Cavern.”

The Dark Lord frowned. Liar. Who did he think the Dark Lord was? A gullible fool. The Dark Lord knew everything. Though acted blind, he knew every little secret. Even Volos’s. Speaking of which, he looked up at Volos entering the room with a smirk across his face.

“Hmm, I don’t look or feel dead.” Volos slyly announced entering the Dark Lord’s throne room.

“L-Lord Volos?!” The commander exclaimed failing to hide the shock under his voice.

“Aww…you seem surprised.” Volos sneered with a smile. “Almost like you weren’t expecting me to survive. Like you wanted me dead.”

Of course he wanted you dead. He wants your job and will do everything in his power to get it then get me.

“Next time…you shouldn’t leave your dart behind.” Volos informed mockingly in a hushed tone.

Again, do they think I’m an idiot. I do have the sharpest ears in the whole Kingdom. Sharper than a dog. Sigh, I’m seriously hating this job. I’ll make sure Dawn gets rid of all the incompetence in my Kingdom when she takes her Destiny. Starting with these two. Just a bit longer now.

“My Lord, “Volos addressed. “I have begun drawing the Destined One nearer to the castle. The last one to capture will be the one that will draw them all.”

The Dark Lord smiled on the inside. This was exactly what he wanted to hear. He paused a moment as a dramatic effect, wanting to savour the thickness of Volos’s worry before dismissing him. It was so fun. He could smell the fear from Volos. That worry of his plan backfiring. The Dark Lord enjoyed every second of it. Holding Volos in that state of fear and paranoia was so much fun!

“Very well. Dismissed.”

“Yes my Lord.” Volos and the Commander said in unison then bowing quickly before leaving.

The Dark Lord’s smile graced his pale lips. It was almost time.

Back in the present, Dawn screamed as she neared the ground. Tito and Jud were too stunned and didn’t have enough time to recover and save her. Em was out of commission, Scelia was too weak and Molly was too small. So she cried out to the one person left who could possibly save her life.

“DARK LORD!!! HELP ME!!!” She screamed as loud as she could inside her mind.

As soon as that thought completed, the whole room filled with blinding light and Dawn felt a pair of warm, strong arms slip under her back and knees. She curled up in a ball hiding her eyes from the bright light; resting her head on her saviour’s chest. When the light faded a few seconds later, she found herself sitting on the ground…and her saviour gone. Dawn gasped and looked up at Z who fell from the ceiling after her. She hadn’t sucked all his power! Maybe about half! He was still dangerous…but Dawn had her new powers.

She learned from Jud that Dark couldn’t use dark powers against each other. So hitting Z with her new powers wouldn’t do any good. So another idea came to mind. She looked down and saw the crack where Z shot the laser than began slamming Em against. Half the job was done with half Z’s power…so Dawn should be able to do the same! Although, once the crack was opened big enough, everyone would be sucked out into space. She needed a bit more power to save them.

Then another idea came to mind. With a loud battle cry, Dawn charged towards the crack and punched it with her hand enclosed by the black fire. A small hole! The Space station had an airlock seal which was activated ten seconds after a hole was opened. If she could get the hole big enough in time they’d all be sucked out before the Air lock kicked in. One more punch should do it! This time, to make sure it’d work, a black aura formed around Dawn and she slammed her body against the small hole causing it to crack open into a large hole about 3 metres long and 3 metres high. Immediately, they were all sucked out.

The air lock sealed just milliseconds after Molly’s (the furthest person away) foot passed through. Once out in space, Dawn created an air sealed bubble around her friends before they ran out of air. Dawn could see the Earth below. It was so pretty from up in space. Due to the circumstances, she couldn’t enjoy the views from space like Em got to. Speaking of which! Dawn glided over to her floating unconscious Aunt.

“She’s alive!” Dawn exclaimed after checking her pulse.

Everyone breathed in relief then turned their attention towards Z who had also fallen unconscious and reverted back to normal.

“Is it safe?” Molly asked.

Dawn looked down at little Molly floating beside her then back up at the floating Z who lay on the far side of the orb. “I don’t know.”

“So…now what?” Tito asked. “We’re just drifting and I know your powers can’t hold this shield up forever.”

“Simple. You and Jud push.” Dawn said holding up her bracelet.

As a complimentary gift, each of them were given a bracelet with that basic tools like Em. One of which was outfit change. Unfortunately, there was no form for Spacelings. They just had to wear Space suits. Tito and Jud pressed a few keys on their bracelets, forming a silver space suit around them. Like their clothing, their wings based right through as if not there.

“Ready?” Dawn asked holding her hand up against the side of the orb.

Tito and Jud nodded signalling Dawn to touch the orb which opened a medium size hole for Tito and Jud to float through. Once out, Dawn closed the hole then watched as Tito and Jud keyed in the command to activate their jet boots. With the help of their wings, Tito and Jud easily and quickly rolled the giant orb towards Earth. They just needed to get it close to Earth’s gravity then get back inside or be burned to death. Everyone hovered in the middle watching their two unconscious comrades.

Within minutes they approached the gravity line. Dawn quickly let the boys in then everyone huddled close together, bracing for impact. Through the translucent shield, Dawn looked over her should and gazed at the Earth below. Just before they hit the atmosphere, Dawn could see they were headed straight for the Eastern Seaboard of America. She could feel her power slipping. Even though she could hold the shield up through the atmosphere but the impact with the water or land would kill them.

In fact, that’s exactly what happened.

The shield broke once they safely cleared the atmosphere ripping everyone apart from each other. For a few fast hundred feet, everyone floundered through the air like a fish out of water in slow motion. It was Jud to see it first.

“EVERYONE OPEN YOUR WINGS!” He shouted above the winds before spreading his wings out and slowing down in speed above the others.

Tito opened his next followed by Scelia then Dawn who quickly changed into her Flyer form. However one could not. Molly screamed as she continued to spiral towards the Dark waters below. You see, Underlings were steadily loosing their abilities to change forms like the Earthlings. It was really only the older generation of Underlings that could change forms still. And Molly did make that line.

“MOLLY!!!” Scelia shouted diving down towards her new found friend.

Their friendship was quite unnatural. Most Underlings hated water while Waterlings hated dry dirt. This actually created a rift between the two species. They didn’t hate each other, just preferred to keep their distance. Though that wasn’t too hard considering most Underlings lived in the desert while Waterlings lived in the water. Anyways. Scelia swooped up just below Molly and caught her on the way up then returned to where the others hovered. Just as she was flying up however, Jud and Tito shot down after the still unconscious Em and Z. Jud caught Z while Tito caught Em in the same manner as Scelia.

“What’s wrong Jud?” Dawn panted, exhausted from the recent events.

“Black Water.” Jud answered ominously.

At first none of them saw it when they were falling. Looking down it was really clear. A huge black spot surrounded by blue water. It had to be at least 20 miles in diameter. The warm air around them suddenly turned cold for Jud, Tito and Scelia.

“Um…what’s Black Water?” Dawn asked confused what had them scared.

Jud looked at her gravely. “Dark inhabited waters. They are a few spots around the world. It’s an acid to Flyers and Waterlings. It eats away the wings of Flyers who get too close and kills foolish Waterlings. So far, it has no effect on Earthlings, Underlings or Spacelings.”

Suddenly a large harpoon shot through the middle of the group making Tito lose his loose grip (since he was struggling to hold Em in the first place) on Em and drop her into the Black Water.

“EM!” Dawn screamed diving down.

“DAWN NO!” Tito shouted chasing after her.

But it was too late. Em broke through the water followed by Dawn a few seconds later. Tito pulled up a few feet above the water; zipping around frantically trying to see through the murky Black Water. Beneath the surface, Em sank like a rock. Dawn fought her way through the water holding back screams of pain or risk losing air. The water was not as dark as it appeared in the sky. It was like that black material that is actually see-through up close. The acid clawed at her delicate gold feathers, pulling each one away so painfully. Dawn remembered the Dark sharks from her visit to the Waterling City.

She knew the blood from her disintegrating wings would attract them. Her Flyer’s dress made it incredibly hard to swim. In theory it should’ve made it easier due to the weight pulling her down but no, it was harder. Much, much harder. AT LAST! Dawn wrapped around her arm around her Aunt’s waist and began swimming up, almost out of oxygen. She had just enough to get up to the surface. If IT didn’t happen.

Another Harpoon was launched from the dark bottom below and this time it didn’t miss. It shot right through her back, through her stomach and continued you going. Dawn was stunned, and released her Aunt in pain. She was suspended in animation under water; her wings still be eaten away to nothing. All that was left now was the bone which too was being consumed. Dawn managed to turn her head slowly and watch her Aunt disappear further down into the darkness.

She had failed. She had failed Em. She had failed Tito. And most of all, she failed Elva. And this was how it was to end. It wasn’t even her dying from trying. She was going to die from trying to save her Aunt. These were her final thoughts before slipping into unconsciousness.

Last edited:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

Great chapter once again!
Had a "WTF SURPRISE" -moment at one point. xDD And the ending was just... wow.
Keep up the good work!

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards

Awesome chapter :D
But... WHOA. What happened there? Gah, cliffhanger >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back