• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Roxas's Diary Entries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey

I really enjoy the simplicity of this diary. It never really dawned on me how young and innocent Roxas is/was. The diary entries reminded me of those in Flowers for Algernon; each diary entry presented a new question for Roxas, and each diary entry provided another step towards understanding for Roxas.

Honestly, I'm confused as to why Roxas' memory is so terrible. Is it related to Xion? Is Xion stealing Roxas' memories?

Or is it something similar to Roxas having an empty void for a Heart? Going off of the idea that Roxas really does have a Heart of sorts, is it just that his heart is so empty of memories, that any memories he makes simply get lost in the void, and become difficult to recall? Maybe something similar to how our memories of infancy and childhood are generally harder to recall than those in our recent years?

I'd be more likely to attribute Roxas's memory loss to him basically paralleling a newborn. Regardless of if he has a Heart or not, he doesn't have any memories, and with no real sense of identity, he could be likened to a newborn child.

Hirun

I really like Roxas' Diary now. Sure, they eat a lot of ice cream, but when you don't have memories, you don't have a lot to relate with, so the ice cream provides a jumping point I guess.

"I don't have any memory of when I was a human, but I don't want to forget the things that have happened since I joined the Organisation. Even just thinking about that makes me scared."

Really makes you feel bad about him losing his memories of the Org when he goes to Digi Twilight Town.

jean1000695

Website
slumberingirl.wordpress.com
96: It's okay now

I went on a mission to Beast's Castle with Xion. As a test, I gave my Keyblade to Xion and she could use it just fine. I had to fight without a Keyblade but we finished the mission without any problems.* And after the mission, Xion was able to use her own Keyblade again. So everything's okay now. Afterwards, the three of us ate ice-cream.

*NO WE BLOODY DIDN'T, I HAD TO FIGHT A BOSS WITH A GODDAMN WOODEN STICK, YOU STUPID BOY

I went LOL.

I can see Roxas at the Organization in his early days is pretty naive. And in my perspective, I think a 8 year old kid wrote that.

A

Audo

Entries are cute. Make me hate Roxas less.

I always wonder, are the things like the diary and the Ansem/Secret reports written by Nomura or Watanabe (or in the case of KH2, Nojima)?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
It was written by Nomura. I could have sworn there was an interview somewhere that asked the question, about how different it is to write Roxas's diary to Jiminy's Journal or so.

I'd be more likely to attribute Roxas's memory loss to him basically paralleling a newborn. Regardless of if he has a Heart or not, he doesn't have any memories, and with no real sense of identity, he could be likened to a newborn child.

This is exactly Roxas's problem. If you remember, when he first came to the Organization he was silent, and didn't really say anything. All we got was this for a small amount of time "...". You have to keep in mind he wasn't born with memories of his other self, and wouldn't know simple things like a Heart, what a friend is, questions, or how to write properly. He was basically born with absolutely no clue, like a newborn baby. And he learns new meanings as he grows the same way. Hence, why it sounds innocent and naive. It wasn't like he could help it. He wasn't born with the knowledge.

That's why when he's in data Twilight Town, he's different. He knows what ice cream is. He knows what friends are. He knows feelings. He goes to school, and knows homework. He was normal. And so he has a different attitude and approach. Like a pubescent punk one, but an attitude nonetheless.

And as for the memory problems, we kind of already seen that he has a lot of those issues. It's definitely the lack of not remembering Sora, and the memory process. He knocked out for 20 days even. And when he stepped in Castle Oblivion, he went unconscious at the exact moment. It affects him, and is why he probably has short term memory loss half the time. Poor thing xD.

fantasy08

I have always adored Roxas and that hasn't changed, but honestly I find these entries boring. They do sound like a two year old wrote them, but that's not really the problem. The thing is almost all of them are about him eating ice cream. We had to watch these mind numbing scenes for a huge bulk of the game and now we have to read about them to. God, I wanted to know how he felt about the other members and the org in general not about his time eating freaking ice cream every day! Damn, org. life really is boring. Makes me feel even more sorry for them.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I have always adored Roxas and that hasn't changed, but honestly I find these entries boring. They do sound like a two year old wrote them, but that's not really the problem. The thing is almost all of them are about him eating ice cream. We had to watch these mind numbing scenes for a huge bulk of the game and now we have to read about them to. God, I wanted to know how he felt about the other members and the org in general not about his time eating freaking ice cream every day! Damn, org. life really is boring. Makes me feel even more sorry for them.

Those ice cream scenes could have been used for more insight on the other actual characters.

And isn't your signature a bit spoilerish? o.o

Shadowlight

If I release Kingdom Hearts, and go to find "Sora", I'm sure Xion will come back to us.
Then, the three of us will be able to eat ice-cream together again.

Gah, he's so naive...
But the entries offer a certain charm, make me feel sorry that he never learnt the simplest of things like what a tear was... or friendship.

Although, how he regards Axel as knowing everything is somewhat... sweet.
Thanks for posting the translations.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Has anyone else figured out how that "winner" stick appears in the game novel Axel--Seven Days yet...? ;___;

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I went on a mission to Twilight Town with Axel. After we finished our mission, we ate ice-cream on top of the clock tower again. Axel taught me that friends do things like eating ice-cream together. So, does this mean Axel and I are friends?

I don't why but I found that part of it cute and funny. So I'm guessing.....he doesn't know what friendship is or is he questioning that he's "friend" with Axel just because they are eating the same ice-cream flavor?

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
The 14th member of the Organisation arrived. It reminded me a little of the day I came to the Organisation, but then, I don't really remember that all too well.

That was 7 days ago...

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Do you actually speak Japanese? I've heard from numerous people that the ice-cream scenes were the best and most enlightening parts.

Hirun

I finally have the Secret Reports screenshotted (had to rebeat the game) but I am very slow at translating. XD;

You can see them here. If you want.

maybe you can translate faster than I can. :>

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I finally have the Secret Reports screenshotted (had to rebeat the game) but I am very slow at translating. XD;

You can see them here. If you want.

maybe you can translate faster than I can. :>

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE A LEGEND ♥♥♥♥

Axel: 'When I'm talking with Roxas and Xion,
I remember my time as a human. Various memories of my childhood come back to me,
and I get some kind of weird feeling.
You'd think I could talk to Saix in the same way, but,
weirdly enough I don't feel like talking to him like that.
It's only a strangely fond thought.
It's not me who's changed... it's you.'

O_____o Saix and Axel definitely have some kind of past...

Awards
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE A LEGEND ♥♥♥♥

Axel: 'When I'm talking with Roxas and Xion,
I remember my time as a human. Various memories of my childhood come back to me,
and I get some kind of weird feeling.
You'd think I could talk to Saix in the same way, but,
weirdly enough I don't feel like talking to him like that.
It's only a strangely fond thought.
It's not me who's changed... it's you.'

O_____o Saix and Axel definitely have some kind of past...

teen!Axel and teen!Saix in BbS mebbeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back