• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Spoilers Days) Zexion/Roxas/Riku DI Scene

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Hmmm... this is very strange.... Could the real person experiencing all this be Xion? That would make sense, considering that she's a puppet made up of messed-up memories, it's bound to impact her in the end. But the memory is Riku's, and not Sora's though.. unless the memories of Sora's heart put her in contact with Riku's memories. We'll never know unless there's a translation though.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It would appear that memories have alot more power that we thought. I wonder if a replica can be created from memory, then what else can be caused via memory? Could this connect to BBS and possibly the unbirths? If Xemnas is Terra then perhaps Xemnas got his knowledge of Memory from the creation of unbirths.

In other words, I think we must accept that Memory plays a key role in all Days, BBS, and Coded. It seems memory is the central plot point of all 3 games.

This video only proves this even more.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
This scene needs translation as well as being placed within the story for we can really understand, I'm sure it makes sense and has a lot of symbolic to it.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Though I've absolutely no experience in Japanese translation at all, I'm fairly certain that a section of this clip (1:06-1:11) was featured in a trailer, which Liv translated to "Surely you knew this would happen." It provides us with very little, but I thought that I might as well share what small tidbit I knew. If only we were given some sort of context or indicator of when this scene took place....

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
Honestly, can you stop going around acting like a little bitch about the game?
You hated it, we can see as much. We just don't care. At all.

The scene is out of context so, yeah, no idea what's going on.

I loved the game, thank you very much. I just think the story needs some serious work. I'm disappointed in Watanabe, but that's why I'm making a Watanabe hateclub. I don't every see you bitching when people say KH II has a shitty story. Biased? I think so. =D

Avens

It's exactly the text of the Japanese Re:CoM, minus the line about Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka:
Roxas: Xion…
(runs to the other island)
Xion!
Zexion: Surely, you knew this would happen.
Riku: Why would I know that?!
You've been to a number of worlds in your memory before this one. And in those worlds, you met only dark beings.
(“Roxas” acts as if he is in pain)
Zexion: That's all that's left in your heart: dark memories. Your memories of home are gone — each and every one.
(“Roxas” falls.)
Riku: That's a lie!
(Xion’s hand changes…)
Riku: I remember everyone from the islands!
(We see Xion.)
Riku: They're my...my... They're my friends!
(Then change to Riku…)
Zexion: And who threw away those friends? Maybe it's your own actions that you forgot?
(Sora change)
Zexion: You destroyed your home!

I'm inclined to agree with destinykh; this is probably Xion going insane. Hence, "Who the Heck am I?"

Awards
Saïx;4019304 said:
I just think the story needs some serious work.

Saïx;4015384 said:
Even Watanabe fucks up. Big time.

Saïx;4018680 said:
It's because the game has a shitty story.

Saïx;4018769 said:
I thought it was just another example of the game's god-awful story. And why the fuck did she turn into crystals? That does not make sense. Xion was s stupid character, and had no reason to be in the story at all. I was happy during her death scene.

Sounds to me like the story needs an entire overhaul from your perspective, not just serious work.
I don't know how you can "love" the game when you seem to hate the story so much.

Saïx;4018680 said:
I don't every see you bitching when people say KH II has a shitty story. Biased? I think so. =D
Actually, any of the members that have been around since I came here know how much I defend KH2. I have and always will say that KH2>>CoM despite its flaws.

à la http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-chain-memories/121712-am-i-alone-10.html#post3812263

That's irrelevant though. Bias is the very basis of opinion. The difference is that you're flaunting your opinion around where it's neither wanted nor needed. Just make a topic on what you see as flaws with the story rather than going around whining about it.

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I thought 358/2 days was better than KH2. It had such a sad story and I love dark and sad stories. Xion was such a sad character. It was a beautiful game about friendship and how it can be broken. Plus it showed that Xemnas truly is an evil son of a bitch. I am very pleased with 358/2 days.

The only thing I have a problem with is the fact that Roxas could have had more contact with Disney villians. I can understand why he did'nt interact with disney characters from kh2 but....

I thought that he could have interacted with Cpt. Hook, Queen of Hearts, Jafar(Just to show how Iago escaped, Roxas would put Jafar back in the lamp after a boss battle.) Hades, and I would have loved a cerberus battle.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
What the heck? That was creppy and confusing..poor Roxas/Riku/Xion/Sora/whoever the fuck that is.
I thought 358/2 days was better than KH2. It had such a sad story and I love dark and sad stories. Xion was such a sad character. It was a beautiful game about friendship and how it can be broken. Plus it showed that Xemnas truly is an evil son of a bitch. I am very pleased with 358/2 days.

The only thing I have a problem with is the fact that Roxas could have had more contact with Disney villians. I can understand why he did'nt interact with disney characters from kh2 but....

I thought that he could have interacted with Cpt. Hook, Queen of Hearts, Jafar(Just to show how Iago escaped, Roxas would put Jafar back in the lamp after a boss battle.) Hades, and I would have loved a cerberus battle.
Well, I agree with you, but I'm waiting for the NA version, that way I can understand the storyline, but based on what I'm seeing, it looks amazing. Flawed, but still good.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Honestly, can you stop going around acting like a little bitch about the game?
You hated it, we can see as much. We just don't care. At all.

Actually, any of the members that have been around since I came here know how much I defend KH2. I have and always will say that KH2>>CoM despite its flaws.

à la http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-chain-memories/121712-am-i-alone-10.html#post3812263

That's irrelevant though. Bias is the very basis of opinion. The difference is that you're flaunting your opinion around where it's neither wanted nor needed. Just make a topic on what you see as flaws with the story rather than going around whining about it.

Was going to tell him off myself, but thanks for saving me the trouble.

Anyways, yeah, with the scene out of context like that, we can't really hope to understand exactly what's going down. :/

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Saïx;4019304 said:
I loved the game, thank you very much. I just think the story needs some serious work. I'm disappointed in Watanabe, but that's why I'm making a Watanabe hateclub. I don't every see you bitching when people say KH II has a shitty story. Biased? I think so. =D

I thought he connected everything pretty well. What's wrong with the story?

Watanabe is great at writing KH.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The game's story could have been worse. Sure, it's self contained and all, but that's not really Watanabe's fault, since he's not really the one who decides shit like that in the first place. Nomura's the one who decides the main plot points. How it gets there (scenario) is very, very, very important in determining the quality of a game's story, but it doesn't decide everything. For what it was, it was pulled off nicely.

Imagine if Days was full of "SORA DONALD GOOFY HURR DURR".

I don't think Watanabe is the greatest writer ever, but he's damn good at what he does.

But now this is just going off-tangent. :/

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I thought I was the whiny bastard, but thanks for that Sai'x. I'm not the only one ;D

I actually liked the storyline of Days, but I don't fully understand it yet. So we have to hold our breath for the english version, so we can see how the story is played out. Sure, we can only read the synopsis and think 'this is shit'. But it might play out differently to our expectations if we bloody play through the game in our language.

But I rather like the story, despite being in Japanese. It's better than Kingdom Hearts II. Sure, everyone on 'KHI' bashes it for the sake. But I hated KHII for a long time before I even visited the forum. I can't see how anyone can enjoy that. But my opinion anyway.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
The true problem with Days is that people expected it to be "too much" great, at a level that cannot be reached, especially for a side game which purpose is to lead to the "main" game. We're bound to be deceived when have too high hopes. There was theory made on the game that even games as MGS or Xenosaga wouldn't dare to include in their plot. BBS is bound to have the same problem.

Personally, I didn't hope for anything special, so I find the game excellent.

On topic

I'm inclined to agree with destinykh; this is probably Xion going insane. Hence, "Who the Heck am I?"
I see... It' weird though that she goes insane on a memory from Riku, after she was created not to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back