• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS 358/2 Days) What Xion Actually Is

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

peachie

OH MY GOD. I was expecting her to look like Sora. But that-that was... that was...

WUT.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
You have no proof of that.
She was supposed to have been made in a manner similar to Repliku's creation. Now, you don't consider Repliku a Nobody, do you? She's memories, not a Nobody.

I think it was meant as: Xemnas created her, and as a Nobody himself, and leader, he placed the symbol of the being he is around the creation, the same way the artificial Heartless are marked.

Awards
I think it was meant as: Xemnas created her, and as a Nobody himself, and leader, he placed the symbol of the being he is around the creation, the same way the artificial Heartless are marked.

I don't think so.
Nobody symbols aren't branded like Heartless symbols are insofar as we know, they occur naturally.
And the Nobody symbol occurs in various aspects for all of Xion's stages (on weapons and such), Xemnas obviously didn't brand each of them.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think so.
Nobody symbols aren't branded like Heartless symbols are insofar as we know, they occur naturally.
And the Nobody symbol occurs in various aspects for all of Xion's stages (on weapons and such), Xemnas obviously didn't brand each of them.

Who knows if it was a cause of his power when he made her, considering his element and who he is, or if he did take awhile to add those in. The Nobody symbol may or not happen naturally, but that doesn't mean he can't replicate it either. I don't think it's farfetched to think he placed in the marks, if we take in the Castle That Never Was, and its decorations. Along with the fact that even if it is on her weapons and such, it doesn't mean he couldn't have added every piece of what she/he/it can do, considering it's his creation. And he had to have added the stages, and what she/he/it can be capable of. Xion is Sora's memories. Unless she herself can manipulate them...

I doubt it's going to matter in the end.

Last edited:

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Wow, that video was just...disturbing. Sora with that female voice got me creeped out...

The Enchanted

This is what Xion truly is...

Xion is essentially a puppet created from Sora's Memories by Xemnas in order to act as a Sora clone in case something happened to the real Sora. However, Sora's strong memories of Xion caused her to take the appearence of Kairi. But Namine's restoration of Sora's memories, caused Xion to transform into a Sora look-alike.

Upon, finding out the truth about herself and her purpose she attempts to absorb Roxas in order to become a whole being. Buut...Roxas defeats her and absorbs her, and as you know causes his Dual-Wielding Abilities.

She was never a nobody, not truly anyway.

C

Crossroads

Wow I was totally right all along. In the worst way.

That's so weird of you Nomura...

fantasy08

I like Xion despite what she/he/it/ is. Xion being a she/male is not going to change the fact that she's pretty badass,however, this game is pointless. We didn't need a clone of Sora. We already had one. His name is Roxas, and we definitely didn't need a female clone of him since technically Namine had that covered as well. It truly was just an organization fan-service game. They could have come up with a way less pointless and creepy as hell way to explain why Roxas can duel wield and the explanation he gave for leaving the org in KH2 was fine as it was. We didn't need the intro of what is technically a hermaphrodite to explain any of it.:53: Xion being connected to Aqua would have opened up so many doors plot wise for the series. It would have tied in with Birth by Sleep quite nicely. However, we got a trannie Sora instead that didn't add anything of dire relevance to the plot. The dollar signs and drugs must have been really bright in Nomura's eyes when he thought up this game.

*Might do a little tweaking to sig since one of my theories has been thrown out of the hermaphrodite window*:lol:

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeezlouisx
I dont know like the whole "Im stealing your memory thing and creating a copy of you thing"...
I was expecting more out of it... thought it was going to be way cooler but now Im getting used to it...

Even Watanabe fucks up. Big time.

As said before, important plot points like these are decided by Nomura, not Watanabe. How the story unfolds is up to Watanabe, and going by what we've got so far, he's doing a brilliant job. Xemnas using Xion as a tool, her turning into Sora, her descend into insanity and her attempt to absorb Roxas are prob the darkest so far KH has gone, and we have Watanabe to thank for that.

I like Xion despite what she/he/it/ is. Xion being a she/male is not going to change the fact that she's pretty badass,however, this game is pointless. We didn't need a clone of Sora. We already had one. His name is Roxas, and we definitely didn't need a female clone of him since technically Namine had that covered as well. It truly was just an organization fan-service game. They could have come up with a way less pointless and creepy as hell way to explain why Roxas can duel wield and the explanation he gave for leaving the org in KH2 was fine as it was. We didn't need the intro of what is technically a hermaphrodite to explain any of it.:53: Xion being connected to Aqua would have opened up so many doors plot wise for the series. It would have tied in with Birth by Sleep quite nicely. However, we got a trannie Sora instead that didn't add anything of dire relevance to the plot. The dollar signs and drugs must have been really bright in Nomura's eyes when he thought up this game.

There are some parts that are relevant to the KH series as a whole: Roxas's dream sequence which may tie into BBS, the reason for dual wielding actually makes sense, and Xion as a plot element show just how twisted Xemnas, and by extension, Xehanort, is and really reinforces Roxas's decision to leave the Org. Yes, it is a fanservice game, but it was pulled off quite nicely.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I just noticed why in the tree they were sitting, Xion was resting in Sora's spot due to someone's signature.

=D

Xion is not my favorite character after all this [in terms of personality], considering that before she slowly slips into insanity...and I do mean, when she starts to figure things really out, she's the cookie-cutter type with a bit of Kairi's spunk and determination, and Naminé's sort of forlorn essence. She's in Kairi status for me: don't hate, don't love her. Just neutral. But she's a good character when it comes to fulfilling her role [I'm not the type to fall for characters just because of their demise, as sad as it is]. Either way, yes, it was pointless. But the transition, and what happens, lead it to a more satisfying twisted, disturbing, clever end. You have to admit, the hermaphrodite aspect might be creepy, but this is something new we've yet to see in KH. The subject/scene is very dark. THE darkest. So I have to give credit for that, at least. Predictable? Yes. Done well? Extremely.

Kind of balances.

Last edited:

peachie

Xion is not my favorite character after all this [in terms of personality], considering that before she slowly slips into insanity...and I do mean, when she starts to figure things really out, she's the cookie-cutter type with a bit of Kairi's spunk and determination, and Naminé's sort of forlorn essence.

Completely agree. Had she shown a bit more diversity other than that one scene at the very, very end I would have been inclined to like her more. I think it would have been better if she would have displayed more of Sora's traits during the whole process (Considering Xion is essentially a clone of him with Kairi's appearance slapped on him), rather than stayed Kairi/Namine-esque through the whole game, sans the insane bit which I enjoyed.

Also, minor gripe, but it would have been better if Xion would have retained her/his Sora appearance when he/she faded away. No reason for her not to, it would have been consistent with the previous scene after all. Although it's sort of understandable that Xion changed back to into a female form considering the nature of the scene. It makes it seem slightly less controversial. But it is controversial because Xion is essentially a copy of Sora. It didn't matter whose appearance he had, the meaning of the significance of the scene would have remained exactly the same. Which all so makes the whole hand touching, face touching thing all the more eerie, albeit interesting.

Xion being connected to Aqua would have opened up so many doors plot wise for the series. It would have tied in with Birth by Sleep quite nicely.
Also, I completely agree with your post.
I would have been much more satisfied had Xion had been related to/been Aqua herself. It would have given her much more relevance. Her being Aqua could have filled all the purposes Sora clone did (Still could have given Roxas a reason to leave, shown the atrocity of Xemnas, etc.) and more.

It's not that I have a problem with Xion, I thought that bit of the story was fascinating. But she didn't need to be added. At all. It was a complete and total waste of time. Think of it this way, had the story been the same without her? Yes, exactly the same. Dual wielding didn't necessarily need to have been explained via Xion. Roxas could have figured out he was a tool of Xemnas, wanted some freaking answers, and, like Riku said, wanted to meet his other. We wouldn't have even needed to know that Xemnas planned to copy and paste Sora everywhere because it would have been totally irrelevant and it didn't work out anyway.

Oh yeah, and I don't buy that whole "I thought of Xion while making kh2". If he did there would have been at the very least some allusions to such a pivotal character. But say he did think of her, then it would have a grave and stupid mistake on Nomura's part not to add any hints on Xion.

As interesting as she was, she was 100% unnecessary.

Last edited:
A

Azrael

It would had been more interesting had Xion became Sora, really would have but I guess it would not garner much good attention here in the homophobic States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back