• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS 358/2 Days) What Xion Actually Is

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
So did Vexen have a hand in creating Xion? It would make sense... he did create Repliku, and Axel does pick up that piece of paper with Vexen and Xion's name on it.

The Enchanted

Here's Xion's purpose.
From Gamefaqs, posted by seafoampheonix.

Link for proof-needers.
Linkage

seafoampheonix said:
Not actually, anyway.

In truth, the "fourteenth member" of the Organization is just an artificial construct of some kind, ploy by Xemnas to manipulate Roxas into fulfilling his predetermined role. She's someone he can relate to, a newbie like him, and an attractive young girl besides. In a world he doesn't know and a group he mostly doesn't like, she's someone he can bond with. Then, discreetly sic a swarm of giant Heartless on her, and Roxas will coming running, Keyblades a-flyin'.

But like Namine, she's just a tool, not a real member. That's why she doesn't get a marker at Proof of Existence or The Garden of Assemblage, or even merit an addition to the name "Organization XIII."

But why even go to all that trouble? Why not just threaten Roxas if he's not cooperating? Same reason why in KHII, DiZ made him think he was just a normal kid in Twilight Town -- so he didn't fight back. Roxas was the key to their plans, and he had the same strength and potential as Sora; they couldn't afford to make an enemy of him. Better just to give him a little friend to play with.

But, then, why not just use Namine? She fits the bill just as well as 14 (possibly even better, given that Sora and Kairi's relationship could probably be easily mirrored in their Nobodies), and she's already right there ready to use. Well, she was already tied up in the Castle Oblivion op, for one. Plus, I really don't think they'd want Roxas and Namine to get too close. The Nobodies of a Princess and a Keyblader, both born from the same metaphysical anomaly? That could easily get out of hand. I don't think they'd want to risk getting them too close together, especially since they were both vital to their plans.

Anyway, towards the end of the game, 14 disappears for whatever reason. The girl dies, the illusion fades, the AI's deleted, whatever -- the point is, whatever the Organization did to bring her in goes poof. Roxas learns that she was never his friend, that she was never even really her, that he was just a tool all along, that the Organization would never give him the answers about Sora that he sought, and that even Axel was in on it the whole time. Feeling betrayed and alone, he leaves forever for parts unknown. Quoth he, "No one would miss me."

Pretty good, eh? Eh

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
If you read 2 posts down that thread, you'll see that the person was stating that this was their theory from July of 2008, and they were commenting on how they were really close to the actual truth.

A

Azrael

Very much like Repliku, yes. However, Repliku was merely a copy of Riku himself. Xion was made from a stolen part of Sora, his memories, into a solid form.

It would be like taking a slice out of a piece of cake and then setting it aside. The slice was a part of the whole cake, but is separate from it. The cake could not be whole without the slice cut out. That's what Xion was to Sora.

Yet the cake remained incomplete since most of Sora's KH1 abilities were lost by KHII due to Xion.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Yet the cake remained incomplete since most of Sora's KH1 abilities were lost by KHII due to Xion.

So Xion's the reason behind that? :/
I thought Namine was just bored one day, and wanted some cool stuff
So she went and jacked Sora of basically almost everything he had
(And Donald and Goofy, as well).

So, if Xion is just Sora's leaked memories, doesn't that mean
That she could turn into anything from his memories? Or something like that?
It seems possible, considering the end of the game with her boss battle and such.

A

Azrael

So Xion's the reason behind that? :/
I thought Namine was just bored one day, and wanted some cool stuff
So she went and jacked Sora of basically almost everything he had
(And Donald and Goofy, as well).

So, if Xion is just Sora's leaked memories, doesn't that mean
That she could turn into anything from his memories? Or something like that?
It seems possible, considering the end of the game with her boss battle and such.

Sort of makes me wonder how cruel Xemnas must had been to toy with Roxas making him believe that Xion was someone just like him, a friend only to been revealed before him that she was just a tool to make sure that he would never know about Sora and defect?

Makes me hate him and Xehanort all the more yet adore Watanabe.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
so is that why you get the limit form after fighting roxas in fm?
sorry if its wrong
i havnt played fm

A

Azrael

so is that why you get the limit form after fighting roxas in fm?
sorry if its wrong
i havnt played fm

Roxas needed to asborb Xion to obtain Dual Wield while Sora needed Roxas for that meaning Xion is the reason why both could dual-wield.'

And Oblivion is certainly the perfect way to describe Xion and Riku's friendship.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Riku does dual-wield, he did in KHII when he presented the Gayblade to Kairi.

if you call that a gayblade, why not call half of the keyblades sora has a gayblade?

and iknow he dual-wields but i'm talking about the cause of his new ability

Awards
You know, on the subject of "What Xion Actually Is," I can't help but note how she has the Nobody symbol(s) on all of her forms.

Some people on GameFAQs have said she resembles a Heartless. I would have liked if she resembled different Heartless Sora had fought (like the Kurt Zisa resemblance which I think might have been unintentional), but for most of the forms, that's not the case. It would have made sense since she's based off of Sora's memories. Yet she has Nobody symbols on her. And she isn't a Nobody.

Allister Rose

French Lover
You know, on the subject of "What Xion Actually Is," I can't help but note how she has the Nobody symbol(s) on all of her forms.

Some people on GameFAQs have said she resembles a Heartless. I would have liked if she resembled different Heartless Sora had fought (like the Kurt Zisa resemblance which I think might have been unintentional), but for most of the forms, that's not the case. It would have made sense since she's based off of Sora's memories. Yet she has Nobody symbols on her. And she isn't a Nobody.

She was made from a nobody.

in final mix Xemnas hints he can turn members into "dusks"

so anything he makes will have a nobody symbol.

just like ansem put his heartless a heartles symbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back