• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sit Down, Shut Up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
So I watched the pilot of the show that replaced "King of the Hill" on "Fox Sunday's Animation Domination". And it was disappointing. I'm not surprised by this, the previews pretty much said it all. "Sit Down, Shut Up!" is quite clever, it has excellent voice actors, and the animation (with real-life backgrounds) is decent, but it is just not funny. It shares the same creator as "Arrested Development", but unlike that show, this one tries much too hard. I smiled perhaps once, and I forget where.

So I'll watch the second and maybe third episode of this, but I don't expect much from it. It will probably not last more than one season, if even that.

Apollo

Silver Member
I didn't like it very much. I thought most of the jokes were stupid, but there was few funny ones. At some points the background was more intresting to watch then the actual show. But I love Arrested Development so I'm going to give it another shot.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Missed it, but I'll try to catch it next week (or a rerun, if it's already garnered that). At least AS took KotH, means I don't have to look to hard to find it, if I'm in the mood.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It shares the same creator as "Arrested Development", but unlike that show, this one tries much too hard.

It's made by the same guy? How is it not good then? I checked out the first episode out of curiosity since I noticed that Jason Bateman and Will Arnet were both in it, but it didn't take me long at all to change the channel. Perhaps I didn't give it enough time, but it looked pretty shitty to me.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Apparently this was apparently planned to be live-action, but no channel wanted it because the characters were "too broad", so it was changed to be a cartoon.

Shade737

Silver Member
The backgrounds looks kind of weird when combined with cartoon characters.

D

Deleted member 36435

Don't thank me. I'm the one who poisoned everyone with the enchanted hemlock, remember?

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
The second episode was better, but still eh.

They're experimenting with different things, I suppose, hopefully the show will continue to improve.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Continuing to improve, still trying too hard, though. There's too much unfunny perversity.

I see how the characters are being developed, but it's a mixed bag for me. I like Stuart, he's been the best source for jokes. I like Larry because of his VA and personality. I like Miracle because (I find that) she is well-written. I don't like Ennis or Andrew, they're too over the top. The rest are eh.

I've heard from multiple people that Fox may be cancelling this show and keeping King of the Hill, but I haven't seen proof of this so it could be a rumor.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I wasn't a bad show I have watched a few of them. Better than King of the Hill at least.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I wasn't a bad show I have watched a few of them. Better than King of the Hill at least.

I disagree, King of the Hill continues to have well-placed jokes and excellent satire. It has gone downhill, yes, but it is the best of Fox's animated shows. American Dad is at a close second for me.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I disagree, King of the Hill continues to have well-placed jokes and excellent satire. It has gone downhill, yes, but it is the best of Fox's animated shows. American Dad is at a close second for me.
I never said that it was not a bad show. I do agree with you on the whole going down hill thing.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Well... I don't know about this episode. It's still a mixed bag. There are, once again, too many stupid jokes.

The last "test run" episode airs next week.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I haven't been watching it recently, anything noteworthy happen?

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Previous episodes are occasionally referenced to, but it's nothing that important. There's no progressing storyline, just continuous themes.

Hulu has all the episodes available to watch.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I will not watch on Hulu! Not since... the incident. *Crouches in corner with bloodshot eyes* So many... all dead........ so much blood.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back