• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xigbar, Demyx, Luxord, Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2crazy2000

Xigbar, Demyx, Luxord, and Xion are the only Org. members that we don't know how to pronounce there names. I would imagine it would be like this:
Xigbar (Zig-bar)
Demyx (Dem-eex)
Luxord (Lux-ored)
Xion (Zi-on)

Radon

mofo
I agree with Luxord and Xigbar, but Xion i beleive is pronounced Shee-on and Demyx would be Dem-ix.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I pronounce Xion and Xigbar the same way you typed them but I prounounce Demyx as Dem-ix and Luxord as Lux-ord.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
how to pronunce 'Xion' always confuses me.. .i thought it was like 'Scion'. but figured it was stupid.. .then it was 'Sea-yon', but then again it's stupid.. XD

i gues 'Zi-on' is alright.. xp

as for the others..
Xemnas -- Zem-nas
Xigbar -- Zig-bar
Xaldin -- Zal-din
veXen -- Vek-sen
leXaeus -- Lek-seyus
zeXion -- Zek-see-yon
saiX -- Sayks
aXel -- Ak-sul
demyX -- Deh-miks
luXord -- Luck-sword
marluXia -- Mar-look-shia
larXene -- Lark-seen
roXas -- Rok-sas

XD

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i know half of these are probably wrong but heres how i've always pronounced them....

Xemnas -- sem-nes
Xigbar -- sig-bar
Xaldin -- sal-din
Vexen -- vek-sen
Lexaeus -- lex-a-us
Zexion -- sec-si-on
Saix -- sigh (i missed the pronunciation when i played kh2 and always thought the x was silent for some reason)
Axel -- ack-sel
Demyx -- dee-miks
Luord -- luk-sord
Marluxia -- mar-luk-sa (before re:com, but now i pronounce it right if i think about it)
Larxene -- lark-seen
Roxas -- rock-sas
Xion -- sigh-on

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
You do know that it's pronounced like this right?

Xemnas Zem-nes(Said in KH2)
Xigbar Zig-bar(All that start with X have the Z sound)
Xaldin Zald-in(Said at Beast's castle several times)
Vexen(Pronounced as seen)
Lexaeus Lex-see-is(Said by Axel and Zexion in KH Re: CoM)
Zexion Zex-ee-in(Said by Axel and Lexaeus in KH Re: CoM)
Saix Sai-ix(Easiest to say, Sayks sounds weird, but I'm not saying you have to say it like this)
Axel(Said as seen)
Demyx Dem-ix (This is the one that is fought over the most, but I will continue to say this)
Luxord(Said as seen)
Marluxia Mar-lu-sha(I thought it was pronounced as seen until Re: CoM came along)
Larxene(Said as seen)
Roxas(Said by most in KH2)
Xion Zi-on(Begins with "X" rule)

Coeurl

Demon Dance
okay so it's Mar-lu-sha.?? [ tsk, i gotta replay Re:CoM ]

damn, that's gay.. .even for a man that wields a pink scythe and has the power to control flowers.. XP

and about larXene, it's not pronounced as seen, cuz there's a silent E.!! LoL XD

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I hate how Larxene is like Larxeen I always say the Larxene similarly to the e in hen. It just sounds better imo.

slmcknett

In order to pronounce names as ambiguous as these, one really needs to consult the Katakana used to represent their names' pronunciation. I did this before on a similar topic, but I like sharing my knowledge, so I'll help:

Before I post this, though, please bear with me, because I'm not sure if Katakana can be posted on these forums.

Xemnas - ゼムナス - Ze-mu-na-su : Zem-nas (the "a" in "nas" is pronounced with an "uh" sound; so it's "zem-nus".)

Xigbar - シグバール - Shi-gu-ba-a-ru : Sig-bar ("shi" gets shortened to "si", before the "h" is due to the Japanese lisp thing when pronouncing American words, so, like Simon in TTGL, it's not "Shigbar", it's "Sigbar". Also, unlike in Xemnas, the "a" here is a long sound, so it's pronounce like "ah". Also, the "s" in "shi" is pronounced as a "z" still, but since they don't have a character for "zhi", they had to settle for an "s". So it's technically "zig-bar".)

Xaldin - ザルディン - Za-ru-d-i-n : Zal-din (not much to say here, since his name is pretty obvious. but remember that the "a" in "zal" is also an "uh" sound, so it's "zul-din".)

Vexen - ヴィクセン - V-i-ku-se-n : Vik-sen (his name was pronounced incorrectly in Re:Com; they said "Vek-sen" while it should have been "Vik-sen". But it's irrelevant since he's not really that liked as a person anyway XP.)

Lexaeus - レクセウス - Re-ku-se-u-su : Lek-se-us (the "ae" in his name is pronounced like an "e", just like most greek? heroes and people.)

Zexion - ゼクシオン - Ze-ku-shi-o-n : Zek-si-on (despite the urge you get to want to put the emphasis on the "o" in "on", you don't; you pronounce it more like an "un", like in Auron in FF. And just like in Xigbar's name, the "shi" is actually a "si".)

Saix - サイクス - Sa-i-ku-su : Saiks (his name was pronounced somewhat incorrectly in KHII, but that's partly due to the dots above the "i"; it's makes one pronounce the "i" twice, but you can really pronounce it either way, it doesn't matter. However, the pronounciation that I found to be more likely was just "saiks" in one swoop, but like I said, you can really pronounce it either way.)

Axel - アクセル - A-ku-se-ru : Ak-sel (if you really need help with his name, you're really dumb. But, yeah, it's pronounced just how it looks, mostly in part to the fact that this is the only real name in the entire series.)

Demyx - デミックス - De-mi-k-ku-su : Dem-iks (quite the contrary to popular belief, there is no "ee" sound in his name, it's a short "i" after a hard "dem"; so "DEM-iks".)

Luxord - ルクソード - Ru-ku-so-o-do : Luk-sod (now, once you see the key to the left, you want to instinctively say "sod", but really it's pronounced "sword", the Japanese just have a weird way to pronounce English words. But if you know how to read the characters above, then you would know that the long "o" sound would name an "ore" sound in English, plus the "s" and the "d" at the opposite ends, and you get "sword"; so it's pronounced "Luck-Sword".)

Marluxia - マールーシャ - Ma-a-ru-u-sh-a : Mar-lu-sha (I personally think that this is one of ths most bad-ass names in the series the way that it's supposed to be pronounced; people think it sounds gay, but it's supposed to be a chinese pronounciation: "xia" is pronounced "sha" in Chinese, and despite the fact that he looks nothing like a Chinese person, the fact is that Nomura designed his Nobody name to sound like one. So, anyway, it's pronounced with a long "u" sound, so "mar-loo-sha".

Larxene - ラクシーヌ - Ra-ku-shi-i-nu : Lak-sin (despite the fac that there's no "r" in the entire pronunciary description, it's just silent, like in England, they don't pronounce the "r" in things like water and other words. Also, the "shi" is a "si" again, but with a long "e" sound this time, so it makes "lark-seen".)

Roxas - ロクサス - Ro-ku-sa-su : Rok-sas (seeing as how he's basically the main character, and his name is said about 200 times in the game, I see no need to explain how to pronounce it, but I will anyway. It's fairly simple, though, just remember that the "a" in "sas" in an "uh" sound, like in Xemnas and Xaldin, so you'll get "rock-sus".)

Xion - シオン - Shi-o-n : Si-on (her name is really just the ending of Zexion's name, so it's just "See-un", with the same sound on the "on" as in the latter's name and in Auron's.)

I really hope that this helps. Although, somebody else is going to ask the same exact question in about a week, so, whatever...

Naryx15

If you guys actually played the English Re:CoM, you'd know how to say their names.

Vexen - Vek-sin
Lexaeus - Lek-see-iss
Zexion - Zek-see-in [Lame, I know]
Marluxia - Mar-loo-sha
Larxene - Lark-seen

The only unknown ones are Xigbar, Demyx, and Luxord.
Considering they made Marluxia pronounced the Japanese way in English, they might make Xion the same.
Shion >_>

Coeurl

Demon Dance
this is the only real name in the entire series.
roXas is a real name here in the philippines. only it's pronounced as 'Ro-has'..
and i think, that's stupid.!! X(

so it's pronounced "Luck-Sword".)
yay.!! im right.!! Xp

so "mar-loo-sha"
T_T marluXia's one of my fave organization member.. and he gets a gay name.?! T_T

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Do they not pronounce the names for you in the game? I'm sure they do. I didn't realize there were pronunciation problems D;

LionHeart14

i say them like this:
Xigbar- Zig-bar
Demyx- Dem-iks
Luxord- Lux-ard
Xion- Zi-on

I'm probably wrong though ^_^ I have a knack for pronouncing things in video games wrong at first hahaha. I pronounced everything in Zelda wrong when i first got Ocarina of Time. The again, I was five...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back