• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Im buying a computer soon and I was wondering..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

missyemy

Website
www.myspace.com
What would you recommend?

I won't use dells anymore. Ive had one crash on me and I know many people who have had problems with them.
And then I wont be buying a mac because they're out of my budget.

I can spend like $600 and Ive been looking at hp's.

So yeah, help? :confused:

sassysis10

A mac would be good because they get no viruses but like you said they're high priced. my compaq wasn't very expensive and i got it from Wal-Mart...i'd have check and see how much though.

EDIT: Where do you plan on getting a computer?

Last edited:

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
A mac would be good because they get no viruses but like you said they're high priced. my compaq wasn't very expensive and i got it from Wal-Mart...i'd have check and see how much though.

Misconception: Macs do get viruses, however a majority of viruses that are on the net inflict damage to PC's. Why? PC's are the most widespread home computer, same can be said of Lunix and it's immunity towards most bugs since a small fraction of internet users own them.

And for the most part Macs are at a decent price, it just depends on what model you get and what type of Mac you're looking for. They're generally not good for gaming (lol macbook) but their accessibility is good for Photoshop and other image editing programs.

Also a word from the wise, Wal-Mart is a main stream department store OF COURSE items such as computers and other technological devices will be quite cheap (both in quality and price).

I won't use dells anymore. Ive had one crash on me and I know many people who have had problems with them.

All computers break down/crash within a guaranteed amount of time, Dells are no different. My PC has been good to me for 8 years now (one mishap but it was fixed). Dell PC's aren't really that bad, but considering you only have 600 to spend maybe a PC isn't what you're looking for. PC's are easily capable of being upgraded, but in the long run it's a costly process. Laptops are more so around 600$ for a decent one, the only downside is once you have it... you really can't do much with it; hardware wise.

missyemy

Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah, that was the other thing about mac's is the gaming part and although I love to do photoshop and illustrator, I dont own either and can only do them at school so it doesn't matter there.

Im buying my computer online so I can customize it how I like.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Yeah, that was the other thing about mac's is the gaming part and although I love to do photoshop and illustrator, I dont own either and can only do them at school so it doesn't matter there.

Well Macs aren't just about that really. They're just user friendly is all I'm saying.

Im buying my computer online so I can customize it how I like.

In most cases that costs more. But if you choose your parts wisely you can get something in the range of what you want. Honestly, with 600$ you can't do much :L

missyemy

Website
www.myspace.com
In most cases that costs more. But if you choose your parts wisely you can get something in the range of what you want. Honestly, with 600$ you can't do much :L

I already have a moniter so thats at least $100 I dont need to spend and then the one that I kinda customized last night came to like $609 (tax added) and it had mainly everything I needed but I was just wondering what other people had to say

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Don't get an HP...they tend to be slow and buggy with their OS.
If you want brand-name,
I say get a Gateway.

Gateway Official Site: Shop - Notebooks – T-1424u Laptop Product Details
This is a $469 laptop.
-Vista Home Premium
-320GB HDD
-AMD 1.9GHZ Dual-Core CPU
-3GB of RAM
-1280x800 screen
- B/G Wireless card.
-Chassis of ATI graphics with up to 256MB

Gateway Official Site: Shop - Desktops - DX4200 09 Product Details
This is a $509 desktop; it has much better specs:
-Vista Home Premium
-640GB HDD
-AMD 1.8GHZ Quad-Core CPU
-4GB of RAM
-Integrated graphics of up to 256MB

However, if you want something cheaper and more powerful, but are willing to sacrifice the brand-name, get a built-PC from Newegg.com as TheMuffinMan linked you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back