• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I Alone on This?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade737

Silver Member
I personally didn't like Castle Oblivion as a setting since it felt so empty.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Mmm, it was the worst one, the setting was terrible, the ingame card worlds were just a replay of KH1, and i know that was basecally the plot, but at least include some changes like have some Organisation battles within the card worlds, other then Vexen, oh and if im honest the only thing which makes COM good, was Marluxia ;)

Tahmid_Zaman

in my opinion, kh1 was the worst, the gameplay was ok, good story like all of them but the fighting is a lot slower than kh2. com and kh2 had fast paced battles and playing as riku was sick, the card system is good, i find it easy to use and fun to use the sleights and all that, the story was also very interesting, i couldn't stop while i was playing the games, cant wait for recom to come out in the UK, why america why cant it come to us first

Jaden007

I agree with the card system being annoying, but the story kept me playing. My biggest problem would be fact that I had to revisit the same worlds that I did in KH1 which made that part of it feel like a filler.

Yeah, that was my problem too I didnt like going back to the same worlds

Tahmid_Zaman

the card system isn't so bad and the option to choose what you want from leveling up, i like the fact that you can create your own decks, and the sleights are the best. i think that kh com is one of the best games in the series.

PhoenixPs24:16

The Card system for the game was very frustrating for me at first, but after a while it became only a little frustrating. I personally think I do pretty well in the game, but it should have been done somewhat differently. I glad the game was made, since after playing KH1 in late '03 and after seeing the "Another Side. Another Story." special movie, CoM was what let me know that there was going to be a KH2 (I didn't know where or how to find out that KH1 was selling good or not at that time).Plus, this game tied(?) me over until KH2 came. Seeing the CoM commercial put me in a moment of absolute elation . Besides, I was bored and had nothin' to do, heh.

Christine

I personally loved this game and the card system; I just think it could've been a little longer (Riku mode felt kind of short). It was a great game though, definitely one of my favorites for the GBA.

Last edited:

Axelfan008

the card system for the console was not a good Idea, but other than that it's okay. I can't wait to play Riku's story, though, even thogh most of his decks suck.

By the way, your right about Sora being dumb. He'll figure out something and i'm like THANK YOU GENIUS, NOW WE CAN MOVE ON! geez...

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
I just hated the fact that half the levels were pretty much fillers and the fact that every heartless you touch or hit brings you into a new environment, I especially get disoriented. Also because it is hard to run; I was pretty much walking worlds on moogles as a result.

williams358/2

KH1- Good gameplay, better story line.
CoM-bought it, just a waste of money. more of a hastle than it is fun.
KH2-extremely well put together gameplay, decent story line. my favorite.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Re:CoM fixed up everything I had against the original CoM, and even improved it. Also, in light of Riku's fun game-play mode, I suspect the only reason I didn't hype over Sora's game-play was because I was too lazy to use the sleights.
Hands down, Re:CoM for me. KH1 next for the story, and KH2 is last, despite how much fun it is.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
CoM-bought it, just a waste of money. more of a hastle than it is fun.
KH2-extremely well put together gameplay, decent story line. my favorite.

You hate the only good game, and love the shittiest one?

Anyway, KH: CoM had a completely new battle system and journey. It was very challenging and exciting. The story is great and the battle system is great.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Com and Re: Com are their favorite KH games. Now here's my question.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT ITS THE WORST GAME IN THE SERIES!?

Not to say that its a bad game but I just dont see why its the best. I hate the card system, choosing what to level up, the worlds are just like they were in KH1 except with rooms and without the whole villain alliance. The storyline's deep and all but it didn't really appeal to me. I mean, your main objective is to save a girl who you've never met (well you sort of have since she's part of Kairi) and who doesnt technically exist. And I hate story's where the main characters are clueless about stuff and we know whats going on. There are times when Sora would talk about Namine and I would yell " No you dumbass! It's Kairi! Kairi!"

Keep in mind that I havent played Reverse Rebirth so this is all based on Sora's story.

Well actually I didn't like com all that much but the card system was a new touch to KH Series which made it a cool game, but itsn ot my favorite out of the KH games.

Awards
I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Com and Re: Com are their favorite KH games. Now here's my question.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT ITS THE WORST GAME IN THE SERIES!?

Not to say that its a bad game but I just dont see why its the best. I hate the card system, choosing what to level up, the worlds are just like they were in KH1 except with rooms and without the whole villain alliance. The storyline's deep and all but it didn't really appeal to me. I mean, your main objective is to save a girl who you've never met (well you sort of have since she's part of Kairi) and who doesnt technically exist. And I hate story's where the main characters are clueless about stuff and we know whats going on. There are times when Sora would talk about Namine and I would yell " No you dumbass! It's Kairi! Kairi!"

Keep in mind that I havent played Reverse Rebirth so this is all based on Sora's story.

I'm with you.

The biggest complaint I had, with the original and remake, is the gameplay. People can voice their opinion about how innovative it is, but the fact of the matter is that innovation doesn't always equate to fun. It was a noble effort on the GBA, to be sure, and they spruced it up nicely on the PS2 but, regardless, it's not my kind of gameplay, not the kind I grew to love about KH1 and KH2.

Room creation is, again, a nice idea, but it creates a sense of discontinuity between areas where you're just boxed in from one room to the next. Changing the battlefield also seems to upset the continuity between the story and the actual combat. Does Sora actually transport to a circular arena for Org fights (rhetorical)? The setting change is too final fantasy.

The cards themselves created an extremely disjointed back and forth pace that seemed ultimately more irritating (especially in sluggish battles like with Repliku IV) than thrilling. I didn't feel satisfied when I destroyed a boss or set of enemies, I felt relieved that I could finally advance... and do the same thing later.

Not to mention how the randomness of the room creation cards totally sapped the fun out of exploration. How many times did you continually fight hordes of the same enemy until you found that Green five card? I sure as hell did it a lot, only adding to my frustration. In fact, the whole concept of exploration in this game was nothing more than grinding, making the pace even messier than the battles.

Now as for plot... it was good. Nothing outstanding though, it's much more mediocre in my eyes than many see it. It is, well, a very fitting side game.

The individual Diisney plots were terrible. Rehashes of the original KH Disney plots, except convoluted and warped by the theme of "memory" crammed in. The plot drives the Disney characters, whereas a good game should be vice versa (characters create the plot). There was nothing to look forward to in the Disney areas, same enemies, same-styled plot, same characters, same bosses, same places. I don't know about you, but every time I advanced to the next floor, I was anticipating getting out of that world to see Castle Oblivion's plot.

The Organization plot was clearly the highlight of the game, the one thing it did unquestionably great. Even then, though, I wouldn't commend it as so much better than, say, the main plot of KH2 as many others do. They took a different approach, that's all. CoM had the Org members in a much more down-to-Earth scenario where a damsel was in distress and the hero thus needed to make contact with them in order to advance the story. It allows for a more recognizable enemy, which is why they had some leeway in creating the conflict between the individual Org members. KH2 had the Org members in a more elusive and enigmatic manner, one that echoes back to the antics of the Disney villains in KH1. While this doesn't allow the character "development" that people lament about KH2 lacking for the Org, it wasn't needed, at least back then. Only in retrospect, when looking at CoM, did people want to know more about the Org interactions. Before they were simply supposed to be that far off, unknown enemy. Now we've got Days coming out to fill in that development.

Anyway, before I go off on any more tangents, CoM was a great addition to the KH series, and a welcome one at that. I find it as ludicrous as you that so many people praise it to the extent that it is the best game. In all honesty, the only explanation I can offer is that they look too much past its mistakes (since it was originally on the GBA) and delve into subtleties of the plot (looking too hard). The fact of the matter is that, if CoM were to be summed up in a few words, "side story," "rehash," and "grinding" would suit it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back