• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't any knowledge of Ven, Aqua, Terra or their master appear in KH1??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

you look atrocious
Actually it did have allusions. Don't you remember King Triton talking about the Keyblade: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Movies (part 12) (3:47- 4:32)

And Kairi's Grandomther's Speech?: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Traverse Town - Third Visit (1:24-2:43)

If those aren't allusions to BBS then I give up. (Not that they planned this but they might have had some clue as to what they would do if the series continued.)

No one said that it didn't have allusions to BBS, all we said was that it wasn't necessary for Sora to learn about TAV at that point in time. Possibly, in KH3, he will be ready to learn about them. If not, then oh well.

williams358/2

There's no time for history lessons when you're trying to save your friends and entire worlds at the same time.

There are however, times in KH1 where certain characters seem to remember that there was someone in the past that wielded a keyblade. And the memories of this unknown keyblade wielder don't seem to be all that happy, as a matter of fact, King Triton forbiddded Ariel to hang out with Sora as soon as he figured out that he had a keyblade.

Help any?

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
*sigh*...er..um...Whatever. This topic may have already been covered, so excuse me if this seems redundant or obsolete. This is after all, my first post. What are, if any, the speculations upon what happen to Ven, Aqua, Terra, and their Master betwixt the storylines of BbS and KH1? This is sort of a summary to help me compose more theories. *LOAD*​

Because BBS wasn't even an idea in 2002. Square Enix wasn't even planning on a sequel when KH1 first came out. It took them until after the release of Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix to consider making a sequel.

Actually it did have allusions. Don't you remember King Triton talking about the Keyblade: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Movies (part 12) (3:47- 4:32)

And Kairi's Grandomther's Speech?: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Traverse Town - Third Visit (1:24-2:43)

If those aren't allusions to BBS then I give up. (Not that they planned this but they might have had some clue as to what they would do if the series continued.)

King Triton was referring to one of two legends/stories of the Keyblade. I'm pretty sure that legend was around long before VAT even existed.

And Kairi's Grandmother's speech had NOTHING to do with the Keyblade. At all. Her story referred to when the worlds were ONE, and the worlds had separated by the time of BBS.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Kairi's grandmother's story talks about what's probably the beggining of the KH universe itself (so that already casts some doubt; I don't know about you, but I don't really think the KH universe is that young), and she tells the story at most a few months after BBS. So it's not that likely she's reffering to the events that took place in that game. In addition, the story mentions a time when there isn't darkness, and by the time of BBS it clearly already exists.

` M o n s t e r

It wasn't necessary to the story that Sora knew what happened to his predecessors. It may become relevant later, but it wasn't at the time. He needed to defeat Maleficent and free the PoH. No time for a history lesson.
This is the only relevant point here. There wasnt exactly any history if we had to learn it for ourselves. We only learn bit by bit.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
They had'nt planned on making a sequel to KH1, they said they would only make a sequel if the game was well liked. Seeing as KH1 became popular they had no choice but to keep to their promise and make a sequel. Thus the KH series was born. BBS was even thought of until late into KH2's development.

A

Azrael

*sigh*...er..um...Whatever. This topic may have already been covered, so excuse me if this seems redundant or obsolete. This is after all, my first post. What are, if any, the speculations upon what happen to Ven, Aqua, Terra, and their Master betwixt the storylines of BbS and KH1? This is sort of a summary to help me compose more theories. *LOAD*​

Simple, Nomura makes this shit up as he goes along.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
Or maybe the master is far too weak to do it himself, so he ordrs his young, fast and strong apprentices to do it for him and then somehow only ven was kept secret from every kh world except hercules and the ones not visited in kh series yet

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
nomura wasnt thinking about even a KH2 so when he made it he had no idea that he would one day make a prequel, nuff said, and said by about 5 other people now dammit.

i thought he did, i thought an interview on the kingdom hearts cover showed something relating to kh2. (the moon) and since there was a secret ending, of course kh2 was planned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back