• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Six years yesterday...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
since the beginning of the Iraq War. Over one and a half million Iraqis have died, over twenty thousand US servicemen dead also.

Funny, looking at the evening news yesterday, I saw basically nothing mentioning it.

So

I really don't know what to say here.

How do you feel about it?

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
holy crap well i think that all the men and women that are fighting for aur contry shold deserve to live,i really want them all to come home and this war to be over.

K

Kegluneq

since the beginning of the Iraq War. Over one and a half million Iraqis have died, over twenty thousand US servicemen dead also.

Funny, looking at the evening news yesterday, I saw basically nothing mentioning it.

So

My bro's out there now.

I would guess that the news would only mention it if it were about 10 years.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
it's just hard to say how...
how we went from Afghanistan
attacking the twin towers, to Iraq
having weapons of mass destruction.

i honestly don't know what to think here.
We disposed of human lives for a previously dumb
President....:/

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
The coverage of Iraq in the media is amazingly minimal. The death toll is hardly, if ever, mentioned.

It just...

ugh

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
The coverage of Iraq in the media is amazingly minimal. The death toll is hardly, if ever, mentioned.

It just...

ugh

well remember when the twin towers fell,
and how everyone was supposed to change
and forget their differences over the turmoil on
American soil. Yeah that ended faster then a powdered
backhand slap from a pimp to his hoe

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
that's sad and American Journalism should be ashamed of themselves.

i almost forgot about it, until i saw this thread.

I've had 2 friends and 1 cousin serve in Iraq.
they all got hurt (thankfully still alive)
it's just pretty shitty though. :V

Q

Banned
fuck dem niggas fight da po-wa row row

This war is stupid. Bush wants to pull off a spectacular scheme like his daddy did, but fucked it up. Deserving of the death penalty.

A

Azrael

So

You overexaggerate the numbers of US troops dead, it's around the 4,000-5,000 dead range.

Firo

Oh Crap
There's nothing we can do about it. But hope that things work out.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
It's a tragedy how many losses the world has suffered due to this war, but hopefully, if everything works out as President Obama planned, we should be saying farewell to this war by 2010.

Papou

It's a tragedy how many losses the world has suffered due to this war, but hopefully, if everything works out as President Obama planned, we should be saying farewell to this war by 2010.
... what did he plan?

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Sad that this war even exists and people are still dying. And like Ordieth said, hopefully this will all end by 2010.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
... what did he plan?

He plans to gradually evacuate the United States troops from Iraq; that was one of the main concepts of his political campaign.
The process will begin soon, if it hasn't already, and eventually be completed by early 2010, I believe.

Eva

~ &#9829;~ Grand Summoner~ &#9829;~
Awards
If only the war never happened... Nonetheless, I'm sure everyone's praying for everyone to come home--no one deserves to stay there.

I also thinkit should have been mentioned--I mean come on, there are families still suffering from this, and they just want to hush it all up and make it seem like everything's dandy.

Bush has no idea what he did. He should've sent his own family and saw how it felt...

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Over a million of Rwandese died as the result of the war between Hutu's and Tutsi's, nearly half a million of the population in Darfur died from starvation or violence, roughly a million fled from their homes, over 3 million Zimbabweans are currently refugees and several thousands died of cholera.

tl;dr why do i care about some arab country just because the US bothered to get their hands dirty on this one for a change

Papou

Bush has no idea what he did. He should've sent his own family and saw how it felt...
I don't support many of the decisions that Bush made, but don't you think that's a little harsh? Bush has respect for the men and women who serve in Iraq and he visited them there many times. He has met veterans and their families, and the families of those who were killed. Of course he understands the damage. What good would sending his family to the war do? It's not as if he sent troops there with the intent of damaging them and their families. He basically had two choices, and either way he was going to receive criticism.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
‡ƵionΡhnӾ‡;3778240 said:
it's just hard to say how...
how we went from Afghanistan
attacking the twin towers, to Iraq
having weapons of mass destruction.

i honestly don't know what to think here.
We disposed of human lives for a previously dumb
President....:/

Afghanistan Didn't attack the World Trade Center. It was primarily Saudi Arabia...

@Ziz, I think he meant the amount of Iraqi Citizens. Not American Troops.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Ziz: I heard the numbers I posted from several sources so I assumed them to be true. Regardless, the number doesn't matter, they were still sent there to die needlessly.

Ryu: That's the reason, the US had a direct hand in causing this slaughter, for really no point whatsoever except to have an "ally" in the Middle East.

I know that many others die from warfare, but the newsmedia should AT LEAST be giving wars that the US is directly involved in decent coverage.

A

Azrael

Ziz: I heard the numbers I posted from several sources so I assumed them to be true. Regardless, the number doesn't matter, they were still sent there to die needlessly.

Ryu: That's the reason, the US had a direct hand in causing this slaughter, for really no point whatsoever except to have an "ally" in the Middle East.

I know that many others die from warfare, but the newsmedia should AT LEAST be giving wars that the US is directly involved in decent coverage.

The Taliban was not our enemy, they were willing to give us Bin Laden. The US government under George Bush refused so Afghanistan was not our enemy really as they did not want war with us.

War is a bloody business, that is a fact that will always remain true. No one wins in war, it just depends who loses less than the others.

Turns out that the Iraqis were the big losers of this war, both Sunni and Shia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back