• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Republicans: Fiscally Conservative?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Where exactly do Congress Republicans draw this from? The last three Republican presidents America has had have been extremely irresponsible with the budget, spending greatly on war funding, giving immense tax cuts to the wealthy, and raising the national deficit in the process. The last socalled fiscally conservative president was a democrat, Bill Clinton.

What is the root of this claim?

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
the claim is that individuals become wealthy, not the nation.

in other words, if you don't like paying taxes and want every last penny on your paycheck, you're fiscally conservative.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
fiscal_conservatives784.jpg

lol

Blueman

Where exactly do Congress Republicans draw this from? The last three Republican presidents America has had have been extremely irresponsible with the budget, spending greatly on war funding, giving immense tax cuts to the wealthy, and raising the national deficit in the process. The last socalled fiscally conservative president was a democrat, Bill Clinton.

The war funding is needed since we're in a War on Terror. (I think it might be time for us to pull out, though.)

Being extremely irresponsible with the budget? Maybe. But what President hasn't been irresponsible with the budget? (There are a few but not many)

Giving tax cuts to the wealthy: I do agree with that- If the tax cuts are to major corporations. These are the corporations that provide jobs and basically keep the economy running smoothly. The problem with giving tax cuts to the wealthy, however, is greed. So honestly, that doesn't truly reflect on the President.

I have not seen a single President truly Conservative. Democrat or Republican.

Last edited:

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
The war funding is needed since we're in a War on Terror. (I think it might be time for us to pull out, though.)

Being extremely irresponsible with the budget? Maybe. But what President hasn't been irresponsible with the budget? (There are a few but not many)

Giving tax cuts to the wealthy: I do agree with that- If the tax cuts are to major corporations. These are the corporations that provide jobs and basically keep the economy running smoothly. The problem with giving tax cuts to the wealthy, however, is greed. So honestly, that doesn't truly reflect on the President.

I have not seen a single President truly Conservative. Democrat or Republican.

The problem with high up tax cuts is there is no guarantee of job creation, and even when there is, it's not as significant as what infastructure projects and small businesses can make.

The War on Terror is a bunch of horseshit.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards

Social conservatism and fiscal conservatism merged around Reagan's time, I think. End result? Fiscal conservatism went out of the picture, social conservatism took control of the Republican Party, and the Republican Party continues claiming it represents both types of conservatism.

Democrats are called tax and spend. Republicans claim conservatism, but they are a traditions and cut taxes and spend party.

Blueman

The War on Terror is a bunch of horseshit.

I respect your opinion and everything. But...

You don't believe in avenging the ones who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks? I mean, now is the time to pull out, of course. We're fighting a War we can't truly win (or so I believe). But I believe we did a good thing by standing up for our Country.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE

You don't believe in avenging the ones who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks? I mean, now is the time to pull out, of course. We're fighting a War we can't truly win (or so I believe). But I believe we did a good thing by standing up for our Country.

We did exactly what the terrorists wanted, and it was an excuse for Bush and co. to use the politics of fear to convince people that we needed to invade an unrelated country, and increase the power of the executive branch.

We stopped looking for Bin-Laden like what, five years ago? We're now in two wars cleaning up our own mess. I don't see how we've avenged any of the 9/11 victims, if anything they're spinning in their graves because of all the meaningless bloodshed.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

So you're the type of guy who believe that good things happen to good people and bad thing happen to bad people. Since you saw a tragic event happening to good people, you're likely to seek out revenge. When George Bush announced who our enemies were, you feel the war he instigated was justified. If you think USA is unable to be victorious and this war should end, was it really a good thing to stand up for our country? There are other ways of doing that, war is not always the answer.

Blueman

So you're the type of guy who believe that good things happen to good people and bad thing happen to bad people. Since you saw a tragic event happening to good people, you're likely to seek out revenge. When George Bush announced who our enemies were, you feel the war he instigated was justified. If you think USA is unable to be victorious and this war should end, was it really a good thing to stand up for our country? There are other ways of doing that, war is not always the answer.

Of course it isn't always the answer.

Awards
My biggest issue with the "War on Terror" comes in the form of the USA Patriot Act. Arguably the most unconstitutional law in American history, it literally gives the government the legal authority to ignore about half of what's on the bill of rights. Say whatever you want about the war, but the America I know would never sacrifice its freedom for the sake of preemptive national security. And it makes me sad.

If there's anything that we should have learned from Vietnam, it is that we cannot outlast insurgents in their own country. There's no way we can win in Iraq and never was. If Obama decides to invade Afghanistan, that will also end in total failure for the same reason. I understand the initiative to capture and kill the people who attacked us on 9/11, but it is an unrealistic goal and a wasted effort. The minute Bin Laden is killed, somebody else will take his place.

That, and declaring wars against emotions is indeed stupid. Of course that didn't stop me from declaring a war on happiness on KHI... :)

Q

Banned
My biggest issue with the "War on Terror" comes in the form of the USA Patriot Act. Arguably the most unconstitutional law in American history, it literally gives the government the legal authority to ignore about half of what's on the bill of rights. Say whatever you want about the war, but the America I know would never sacrifice its freedom for the sake of preemptive national security. And it makes me sad.

If there's anything that we should have learned from Vietnam, it is that we cannot outlast insurgents in their own country. There's no way we can win in Iraq and never was. If Obama decides to invade Afghanistan, that will also end in total failure for the same reason. I understand the initiative to capture and kill the people who attacked us on 9/11, but it is an unrealistic goal and a wasted effort. The minute Bin Laden is killed, somebody else will take his place.

That, and declaring wars against emotions is indeed stupid. Of course that didn't stop me from declaring a war on happiness on KHI... :)

The Patriot Act must be repealed because it will be used 50 years down the line to justify another obscure conflict, just as the Monroe Doctrine was used to justify multiple Latin American interventions by the United States. Bush probably didn't have the foresight to see it as that, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cheney did and decided "hey, let's give some batshit crazy bastard in the future who takes this office a nice little gift of sorts".

Afghanistan is stupid as shit, why the hell we're heading BACK there now after pulling out of Iraq is beyond me, I would rather build up our defenses at home rather than waste countless resources trying to find mice in the floorboards. Historically, the British have never taken it, or the Russians, or anyone else who tried to invade the damn place, so why should we?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Historically, the British have never taken it, or the Russians, or anyone else who tried to invade the damn place, so why should we?

America likes to think it's special?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back