• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The meaning of Unbirth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Enchanted

I've have thought of a meaning for Unbirth and Unborn.
Let's review shall we.

Kingdom Hearts: BbS-Famitsu PS3 Interview: August 2008- said:
---What of the enemies called "unbirths"?
Nomura: There is meaning in various ways, adding "un" creates the opposite meaning of "birth" thus the "unbirth". With this, the "unborn" is given real meaning. Unbirths designate the feeling of this game's motif. The kind of existence they have will be revealed soon.

The meaning of Unbirth is commonly thought to be the opposite of life, I believe it isn't.
The prefix 'un-' means not, absent, lacking.
The word 'birth' means on to be given life, but it also means a beginning or a point of origin.
I believe Unbirth in KH terms, means the lack or absence of origin, a starting point.

Unborn, the actual term, means the same thing.

It has been said that the Unbirths have a wild concept to them. To me that that's quite wild.
Having no begining, no origin.

Now post!

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
o_O using grammar to create a theory clever you! need time to think about this one....

EDIT: this would mean then, since heartless orginate from the darkness in ppl's hearts and nobodies are what is left over after the heart i lost, these unbirths have absolutely nothing to do w/ hearts? but since this is kingdom hearts then how would this work out? and i'm not sur, but do the unbirths obey MX? if so, not an effective way to collect hearts right?

Last edited:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
OEDIT: this would mean then, since heartless orginate from the darkness in ppl's hearts and nobodies are what is left over after the heart i lost, these unbirths have absolutely nothing to do w/ hearts? but since this is kingdom hearts then how would this work out? and i'm not sur, but do the unbirths obey MX? if so, not an effective way to collect hearts right?

Um, duh!

The Enchanted

EDIT: this would mean then, since heartless orginate from the darkness in ppl's hearts and nobodies are what is left over after the heart i lost, these unbirths have absolutely nothing to do w/ hearts? but since this is kingdom hearts then how would this work out? and i'm not sur, but do the unbirths obey MX? if so, not an effective way to collect hearts right?

Well, the Unbirths are predecessors to both the Heartless and Nobodies.
Assumingly, because of the Unbirths, the two were created.

Now, the Unbirths probably have to deal with the whole being, not just an aspect of it.
Common Sense says they serve MX, but they is no confirmation on this.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Well not necessarily "serve" as you would put it, but if they act similarly how the heartless do they are commanded by those of strong hearts/ strong wills. But there isn't much to back that thought up either.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
ooo karate!! nice idea!!

wat if we assume b4 bbs the worlds were all at peace (ofcourse the keyblade war thing aside cuz we still dont hav ne real info on that) to the point where darkess didnt manifest. then, maybe MX, the chosen weilder of the keyblade, went corrupt (resulting in DS perhaps?) and caused the unbirths to be created. and at the end of bbs, wen they were exposed to kingdom hearts the became heartless (as karate suggested)

whoa, trying to think this late at night is hard :p wat do u guys think?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
ooo karate!! nice idea!!

wat if we assume b4 bbs the worlds were all at peace (ofcourse the keyblade war thing aside cuz we still dont hav ne real info on that) to the point where darkess didnt manifest. then, maybe MX, the chosen weilder of the keyblade, went corrupt (resulting in DS perhaps?) and caused the unbirths to be created. and at the end of bbs, wen they were exposed to kingdom hearts the became heartless (as karate suggested)

Or more specifically, nowhere near what I was think.

If anyone's the golden child, it's Terra.

Let's say that hypothetically the Heartless are not separate entities from the Unbirth.

That the process of bcoming an Unbirth still exists and is used in the process of becoming a heartless. One could say that the becoming an Unbirth is interrupted, and a heartless is created instead.

[I, of course, do not believe this, but it is a happening thought.]

Let's say that the requirement for becoming an Unbirth is your hypothetic requirement A. For the sake of this, let's say it is in fact the heart. In the pre BBS era, the removal of a heart would not result in a heartless, because they were created in a later time span.

The heart is removed and is instilled with mystery goo supplement B. For the sake of this, we'll just say it's the darkness. After being filled [heh heh] to the brim with darkness, the removed heart is put back in.

The body now begins to taint. There is a point that it is needed to be before the atrophied heart has to be removed. Almost a tan like quality? Perhaps? Rather doubt it.

So now the heart, at its prime, is removed.

Whether it's the heart or shell that becomes the Unbirth, is rather irrelevant, but we'll say that it's the heart and the shell wastes away. The heart goes through a process of reforming itself. [That would be where the Unbirth comes in] and the Unbirth is here.

However, we're in a post BBS era, where the laws of the universe changed. The removal the heart with darkness in it results in a heartless. A more, brailess controlled state of an Unbirth.

But like I said, this was just a random thought. I know that this in fact is wrong, but it just crossed my mind randomly.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
lol i like his thinking better

as for me, the meaning of unbirth is something we cant really speculate on so i'm gonna call it quits on trying and hope maybe some1 has a revelation i'm not seeing. still, good job enchanted on bringing this up as it may tie into wat the unbirths really are.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I've have thought of a meaning for Unbirth and Unborn.
Let's review shall we.

The meaning of Unbirth is commonly thought to be the opposite of life, I believe it isn't.
The prefix 'un-' means not, absent, lacking.
The word 'birth' means on to be given life, but it also means a beginning or a point of origin.
I believe Unbirth in KH terms, means the lack or absence of origin, a starting point.

Unborn, the actual term, means the same thing.

It has been said that the Unbirths have a wild concept to them. To me that that's quite wild.
Having no begining, no origin.

Now post!

So your basically saying that unbirth = No birth?

And if their is no birth then their is no life. That makes sense.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I blame it on recently having woken up, but I still can't properly wrap my mind up about it.
What would you say was "origin" in KH terms, should it be something beyond what coffee can fix for me?

heres what I'm thinkin, unbirth = body/heart , no soul... what do ya think.

A body with no Soul would be a dead body. While remotely fitting the definition, it'd be a cold day in hell before Disney'd go there, regardless of how dark BBS is supposed to be. Even when the Heart becomes a Heartless, the Body and Soul fade into Darkness together. The Nobody possesses both the Body and Soul, and then fade to Darkness - instead of dying. The Body and Soul stay together.
Also, how would that relate to the Heartless and the Nobodies? It's not an "earlier form", it's a different type of existence that follows their own rules.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
You may just be on to something. Probably the best Unbirth theory I've read so far.

Xehanort was unable to remember a beginning, perhaps this is connected to him being an Unbirth?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Xehanort was unable to remember a beginning, perhaps this is connected to him being an Unbirth?

Stop it, you're tying too closely to my theory that both MX and Terra left stuff behind and then the incomplete beings moved on to become current day Xehanort (Terra would leave, for example, the Lingering Sentiment - c'mon, we all know it's retcon-able).
Alternatively, that Unbirths are whole beings curropted, thus they're the predecessors to Heartless and Nobodies because they're a similar process, only on the Whole instead of the components (Heart, B+S).

final sentient

I blame it on recently having woken up, but I still can't properly wrap my mind up about it.
What would you say was "origin" in KH terms, should it be something beyond what coffee can fix for me?

A body with no Soul would be a dead body. While remotely fitting the definition, it'd be a cold day in hell before Disney'd go there, regardless of how dark BBS is supposed to be. Even when the Heart becomes a Heartless, the Body and Soul fade into Darkness together. The Nobody possesses both the Body and Soul, and then fade to Darkness - instead of dying. The Body and Soul stay together.
Also, how would that relate to the Heartless and the Nobodies? It's not an "earlier form", it's a different type of existence that follows their own rules.

three things make up a whole being, I thought that there could be other cobinations. and those reports are just as good as our theories and assumptions right? I mean, aren't some of those reports his theories and assumptions as well?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
three things make up a whole being, I thought that there could be other cobinations. and those reports are just as good as our theories and assumptions right? I mean, aren't some of those reports his theories and assumptions as well?

When they are, he says so. The Soul leaving the Body equals death, however, isn't such an occurrence. It's fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back